Chapter 2

Different

Taeyeon was once again staring outside the window and watched the birds fly up chasing each other. She glanced at the focused and determined figure beside her and rolled her eyes at the sight. “How could someone be so attentive in class? I haven’t seen one in ages besides Joohyun” she thought as she glanced at Seohyun writing notes with focused eyes that she could imagine her brain processing and recording every word their teacher utters

 

She moved her glance back to the person beside her and couldn’t believe her luck. “Why is the seat beside me the only vacant seat available anyway? Damn it” she shook her head at the thought.

 

It’s been 3 days since that unlucky day where this eyeliner maniac entered the room and sat beside her since it was the only vacant seat available. It turns out that he was a transferee who—in Taeyeon’s words—was stupid enough to accidentally enter the wrong classroom for the first week of class.

 

She sighed and was about to look away when he suddenly spoke without looking at her,

 

“Like what you see?” he said in a tone that annoyed the hell in Taeyeon. Not to mention that during those 3 days of being seatmates, she was profusely annoyed and pissed with his guts.

 

“Nope. I actually feel my breakfast climbing up my throat right now” she answered “Oh, and guess what my breakfast was?” she leaned over and whispered in his ear “Bacon.”

 

 His brows furrowed at the word and threw a glare at the short blonde girl. She chuckled and leaned back to her seat pleased with his reaction.

 

As 3 days passed by with him being her seatmate they never had a conversation without bickering and Taeyeon continuously teasing Baekhyun with his name which to Taeyeon, sounded like “Bacon”. She also pestered him about his obvious addiction of wearing eyeliners and about his preference in men which Taeyeon confirmed that Baekhyun does swing that way in that one lunch she saw Baekhyun drooling over their classmate, Chanyeol. Taeyeon got the message and teased Baekhyun about it until he blushed so bad. Maybe Taeyeon doesn’t have the right to be pissed at him as he got all the reasons to be pissed with her. In short, they were mutually pissed with each other.

 

Taeyeon leaned back on her chair. Legs opened wide and arms hanging by her side. She leaned her head back and closed her eyes as boredom sinks in. she tried to sleep. Not caring about the lecture at all. She counted sheep in desperate attempts to catch sleep and started to curse Jessica for her ability of drifting off to dreamland the moment she closes her eyes.

 

 After counting her 100th sheep, she opened her eyes and groaned as she leaned on her table clutching her head. “Damn. How could that bald man be so boring” she thought addressing to her bald math teacher currently scribbling numbers and symbols Taeyeon can’t understand and recognize.

 

She gazed outside the window and spaced out for the nth time today and started thinking about things such as how to get a Victoria’s secret model date her and such. She was about to think of different varieties of lingeries when a voice disrupted her from her not-so-clean fantasies

 

“Can you pick up my pen?”

 

She turned at her seatmate who is currently pointing at something underneath her table. She glanced down and grimaced when she saw a cute pink pen with glitters lying beneath her table. She reached the pen using her foot and kicked it back to its owner.

 

She was about to look away when he spoke again “Well?”

 

Taeyeon looked at him with raised brows “What?”

 

“You heard me. I asked you to pick up my pen”

 

She felt the corners of her lips curve up into a smirk “I don’t want to”

 

Baekhyun cocked a brow “and why is that?”

 

Taeyeon shifted to look at him with a smug look on her face and leaned on her palm that is propped up on her table “Simply because I don’t want to. Besides, you’re the one who dropped that” she raised her hands “Not me. It’s right there beside your feet! Are you that lazy to bend down and pick it up?” her voice gradually increasing

 

“Well well, if I’m lazy then what are you?” he retorted eyes blazing with annoyance as he bore holes to the blonde girl

 

“Well Mr. Bacon if you haven’t noticed, I’m obviously a human being” she said sarcastically

 

“Oh yeah?” he challenged as his volume matches her own “Well I’m sorry for not noticing that because all this while, I was quite sure that you were an animal”

 

“HA! Well smarty pants, what do you think of a human being then? Do you think they’re plants?” Taeyeon smirked at her nonsensical remark, quietly enjoying this fight they were having that completely pissed her off. Well, it was better to be pissed off than to be bored “As far as I’m concerned, human beings belonged to the category of mammals which is considered as animals. Retarded .”

 

“Did you just call me a retarded ?!” Baekhyun yelled. Not being able to control his anger when the name calling started

 

“Hell yes I did!” Taeyeon retorted. She then leaned towards Baekhyun and faked a confused look and tilted her head as she whispered “Aren’t you?”

 

“Well then you’re a lazy bum who is too short to even reach a pen on the ground!”

 

“And you’re an idiotic eyeliner maniac whose name sounds like food!”

 

“Shut up you tiny little shorty midget!”

 

“Not if you shut up first, you pathetic eyeliner addict who drools over hot papas!”

 

“Says the one who ogles at y passersby rating their and the size of their bust!”

 

“Hey! When did I—“

 

“Enough!” their bickering stopped when they realized that the once quiet and peaceful room was disturbed by their loud bickering and looked at their teacher who just yelled at them to stop and is glaring at them with passion

 

“Detention room! Both of you! NOW!” their fuming teacher ordered them which they had no choice but to follow.

 

“Nice. Detention. With this eyeliner maniac. Oh how nice” Taeyeon thought as she dejectedly dragged herself towards the door chuckling bitterly.