Our Present

Meeting You SP
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Meeting You SP Our Present

 

 

Ryosuke typed a set of number into the automatic lock outside Mirai’s door and once the code was confirmed right, the safelock of the keyhole opened. He then reached into his coat pocket to find a set of keys. A strawberry keychain which was a souvenir from one of Mirai’s work-trips dangled, uniting several keys he owned including his apartment key and Mirai’s one. He chose the key of Mirai’s apartment then put it into the keyhole. When he heard the key clicked, he turned around to find Mirai still gazing down the floor, avoiding looking at him.

“It’s opened,” he told her with the softest tone he could manage.

“Thank you,” she replied, her eyes remained downcasted.

He mildly let out a sigh before turning the door knob and pushed the door open. He stepped aside to give way to her, and realizing this, she immediately stepped forward and into the room. He was hesitating whether he would follow her in or not. He remembered the moment in the park, at how difficult it was just to convince her to let him drive her home. She kept telling him that she was too ashamed to see him after what she told him.

“Ryosuke?” her voice was timidly calling him.

He responded by looking at her, and surprisingly met her gaze.

“Do you...?” she was holding the door open, hesitantly asking him without word but with her eyes instead.

“Will you let me in?” He asked back.

She nodded once, this time looking away from him.

“Alright,” he said.

She stepped aside to let him in, but once he had already entered her apartment and the door was closed, she didn’t budge from her spot before the door.

“What’s wrong?” he asked as he saw her leaned stiffly back to the door.

“I... I haven’t told you everything,” she softly confessed, worry was still evident in her eyes.

“I’ll be listening whenever you want to tell me the rest,” he replied.

“But...,” she looked directly at his eyes, asking, “Don’t you feel disgusted about me?”

“If I do, I wouldn’t be here,” he assured her.

When he saw her did not move even an inch, he approached her, halting two steps before her.

Placing a hand on top of her head, he caringly suggested, “We’ll talk more about it later after you get enough rest, okay?”

Mirai lifted her face slightly to see him, “Ryosuke... I’m—“

“Don’t apologize anymore,” he cut her off. “It’s never your fault.”

Her eyes told her that it didn’t work. The sadness of regret was still deep rooting inside her. So, not knowing what more to do, he took her hand and let her to further walk into the apartment. She didn’t resist.

Arriving before her bedroom door, he held her shoulders gently, facing and telling her, “Just wash up while I’m preparing your breakfast.”

“I don’t want to eat.”

He gave her disapproving look, but seeing her tired face, he was the one yielded. “Then just try to get more sleep, alright? I’ll be here when you wake up.”

“You don’t need to do this, Ryosuke,” she shook her head.

“Today I don’t have work anyway,” he shrugged it off.

She opened but then shut it again. Eventually she entered her bedroom without saying anything.

As he was left alone, he thought of what he would do. First was that he should reply his mother’s messages. She had sent so many messages and called him numerous times, asking whether Mirai was with him, but since he got his hands and mind occupied with Mirai crying, he had ignored them.

After telling his mother that Mirai was alright, and was with him, he thought of another thing to do. He remembered he hadn’t showered since last night, so he considered to have a quick shower in Mirai’s guest bathroom. He went down to the parking lot to take spare clothes he always brought in his car, then returned to Mirai’s apartment and quickly washed up.

He glanced at Mirai’s bedroom door. It still shut, and he heard nothing from inside. He assumed that Mirai had gone to sleep. As his stomach growled, he made a simple breakfast for himself, and cooked another for Mirai. He put Mirai’s food in the refrigerator, hoping if ever she wanted to eat he would only need to reheat it.

Shower done, breakfast done. Now, he had the time to mull over his problem. Sitting comfortably on the couch in the living room, he started thinking.

“Mirai’s biological mother was...a e...,” he muttered to himself, trying to figure out how he felt about that.

He believed in his own feeling for Mirai. He loved her so much. He didn’t care about whoever her parents were. He loved her for herself. However, would everyone think the same as him? His family... his friends... his fans... how if they know about that?

At the latter, a memory resurfaced. Back then when he confirmed the rumor of dating Mirai and announced their engagement, his fans had been divided into two kind: one who supported them, and another kind who despissed the fact and  went against Mirai. If they know the new fact which Mirai just told him, it would fuel more hatred toward her. He didn’t want that.

He ruffled his own hair in frustration. He looked onto the wall and saw the clock pointed to eleven already. It was almost noon, but Mirai had not eaten anything. She said she didn’t want to eat, but he thought it wouldn’t be good for her. But Mirai could be stubborn, that it would also difficult to persuade her to eat. After some thinking, he decided to make a hot chocolate for her. It should be enough for now, to supply a bit energy to Mirai, and calm her distress.

He boiled a little amount of water then took out a cup and a sachet of chocolate powder from the kitchen cabinet. While waiting for the water to boil, he went to the refrigerator to take a cold drink for himself. He scanned the content, and that was when he spotted a bottle with orange liquid inside. He took the bottle and turned it around, expecting to see a note sticked on it. He did find the note.

Ganbatte Ryosuke!

He unconsciously curved up a smile. That bottle contained juice of carrots and tomatoes combination, made by Mirai herself a few days before he went to Shizuoka for concert, less than two weeks ago. Back then he told her that his eyesigt got even worse, and because of that, the following day when he visited her apartment, she came up with a bottle of that juice.

“No way! I will never drink that!” he refused firmly.

Mirai pouted, “But it’s good for your eyesight. Tomatoes and carrots have high level of vitamin A.”

He shook his head, “But you know I hate tomato, and I don’t like the smell of carrot.”

“It’s not that bad. Try it,” she insisted, handing a glass to him which he didn’t accept.

“No.”

“Please?”

“No.”

“Just a glass?”

“Still no.”

“I’ll give you anything you want if you drink this.”

At this, he perked up, “Anything?”

She nodded, “Anything.”

He smirked playfully, “Really?”

She smiled, “Really.”

“Even if I ask for something ert?”

She immediately blushed, “You won’t.”

He arched a brow, “Why not? You said I can ask anything.”

“But I know you won’t ask something like that.”

He grinned mischievously, leaning closer to her, “Oh, really? How can you be so sure?”

“Because I believe in you,” her tone did not have any hint of doubt. “I know you’ll never hurt me.”

The way she said it had him unable to continue on teasing her. Without further protested, he took the glass from Mirai’s hand, and while pinching his nose, he gulped down the juice.

“There!” He put down the glass on the table. He frowned for not liking the taste still left its trace on his tongue.

However, he did not regret for doing that, because it made a happy smile bloomed on Mirai’s face, and without giving him any warning, she kissed his cheek; a small affectionate gesture which still manage to make both of them blush.

As the memory faded, a new realization dawned on him. He smiled bitterly to himself. “I’m so stupid.”

How could he have a doubt even just a moment? All this time they had been together, they had gone through so many ordeals. Now, another ordeal had appeared. They just had to believe in each other to overcome this, right?

“You sure you were ready to accept all of her?”

His father’s voice rang back.

“If you’re not sure on your path ahead

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter