A Prologue

Meeting You SP
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Meeting You SP A Prologue

 

A young man trotted down the front steps of a certain apartment building. In his hand was a cute plushie of one among Disney characters. He held his arms around himself when the winter breeze blew pass him. He looked up and saw the stars blinking at him and the lady moon was half hiding, shining dimly her golden light. He smiled back at the sky before turning his gaze to the street. After walking for five minutes, he crossed the street, entering another apartment building. He was rather careful in his steps, like it was an instinct, for he used to hide from people to do like what he was doing. Because back then, it was as though a taboo to be seen visiting that apartment building for it was where the rising actress, Shida Mirai, stayed at. But now that Shida Mirai was reported getting married, for him being seen visiting her would not create a chaos. It would probably be a juicy romance story instead for he could imagine the news title would display something like “Yamada Ryosuke was seen visiting his fiancee, Shida Mirai,” or “Yamada Ryosuke and Shida Mirai were spotted dating”. He was amused to think that his own name would be displayed in that kind of article.

He heaved a happy sigh. Previously, he was Yamada Ryosuke, the naive and pure idol from Johnny, but soon he would also be Yamada Ryosuke, the super idol and husband of Yamada Mirai. He chuckled at himself.

Ryosuke hurried his steps when he saw Mirai’s apartment door. He was excited to see her after such a long week being away for concerts. He also bought a cute Micky Mouse plushie as a souvenir for he knew she was fond of it.

He rang the bell even though he could just use the spare key he had. He wanted to surprise Mirai. Once the door opened, he sported a big grin on his face.

“Surprise!” he exclaimed while shielding his face with the plushie. Mirai laughed shortly, grabbing the plushie first before inviting him in.

“You said you’d only return tomorrow,” she complained while sitting down the sofa in front of the TV, hugging Mickey.

He felt rather guilty for the little lie. When he texted her a while ago asking whether she was at home, he said he was still in Shizuoka.

Taking a spot beside her on the sofa, he replied, “Sorry. I wanted to surprise you.”

She sighed and suddenly stood up that he instintively grabbed her hand, asking, “Where are you going?”

She gave him a small smile, “Just taking a drink for you.”

He released her hand. He saw her sauntered across the room to the kitchen, opening the refrigerator and taking out a bottle of orange juice. He leapt to his feet and fetch her, helping by bringing their glasses.

When he walked behind Mirai, he just realized that she had wore her pajamas under the navy cardigan, her hair done in a messy bun. When they settled back on the sofa, there was laughter coming from the TV before them, but he did not pay attention to the show for he noticed something unusual on her.

“Why do your eyes look red and swollen?” he prompted a question while receiving the glass of orange juice from her. “Were you just crying?” He suddenly got worried.

She held her own glass and leaned back to the sofa, eyes glued to the tv screen, “I’m fine. Just because I watched a sad drama before you came.” After taking a gulp and putting down her glass, she turned and asked, “How about your concert?”

He smiled widely reminiscing about Hey!Say!Jump’s concert in Shizuoka the last weekend. “It was great. Chinen got so excited because his grade school friends came to watch.”

“I’m so glad to hear that,”she remarked. “How I wish I could go to see every of your concerts.”

He chuckled as a cute pout formed on Mirai’s face. “There’s noway you can do that, Mirai.”

She frowned at him that he softened his gaze. He was soon reminded of the coming big event: their wedding. It was about a month left to the date they had set, but it was kept secret still from public.

“How about your day?” he questioned back. “Nee-chan said you were out with her sometimes ago.”

“Yeah, hunting for accessories and such for the wedding dress,” she explained shortly.

“How was it like?” he asked more, curiously looking at her.

“Which one, the dress or the shopping?”

“Both.”

She clamped a hand to to stiffle a yawn before answering, “It’s nice. You’ll never find out about how the dress look like until the day though, Chihiro-neechan insisted. And the shopping was... fun. We talked, ate, and strolled around. Girl stuffs and such.”

He reached out a hand, taking a lock of her tresses, “You look tired though.”

“Ah, it’s only my drama. The shooting is a bit tough.” She closed her eyes and completely leaned her back on the sofa.

He grew concern about her health, because with her increasing popularity, she barely had time to rest. He knew that she should be professional in her works, but still he couldn’t help but worry. He looked down at his watch, then decided.

He stood up.

“It’s better for me to go, I think. I’ll come over tomorrow if you’re free.”

Her eyes shot open and she as though jolted awake. “So soon?”

“We can meet tomorrow, Mirai. For now, just take a rest. It’s obvious that you’re exhausted.”

She held his hand, shaking her head once, “Please, stay... just a little longer.”

He could never say no when she pleaded with her eyes. He patted her hand which holding his, “Fine.”

She let go of his hand but immediately shifted closer to him once he had taken a comfortable position on the couch. Reaching the remote control of the TV, he let Mirai lean on him. He idly switched from one channel to the other when she drapped an arm around his waist. He sighed inwardly. How innocent Mirai was, he had been wondering. She was literally snuggling to him, and he needed all his control not to pull her for a kiss or more. He shook his head. No matter what, he would never hurt her, in any way.

“Ryosuke?”

“Hmm?” His eyes locked on the screen. It was not unusual that they spent their time just by sitting and watching tv like that.

“Are you happy being an idol?”

He shifted so that Mirai leaned on his left chest while he wrapped an arm around her shoulder. “I’m happy. Why?”

“Did you ever think to quit?”

He remembered the toughest time around his solo debut years back, “I did, but then I realized that stopping would only betray the members and also my fans. Why do you ask this all of a sudden?”

“Nothing. I’m just curious.”

He arched a brow, not really convinced with the answer, but decided to let it off. They went into silence for a time.

“I’m going to have a shooting in Matsuyama.” Suddenly she announced.

“For how long?” He asked.

“Probably a week.”

He was thinking abou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter