THINGS COULD GET WORSE

FHU
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jinhyuk led Soohyun to PolySci still laughing. Soohyun fumed. By the time they reached the right room the two men were twenty-three minutes late (they actually did get lost and ended up wandering aimlessly on the wrong side of campus. But seriously, whose idea was it to make two identical buildings with identical names and put them as far away from each other as possible? It was like the architect was just begging for hapless transfers to get confused.)

 

“Are you going to open the door?” Jinhyuk whispered. “Why are you just standing there? Open it. Come on. We’ve got to go to class.”

 

Soohyun gulped, trepidation manifesting in sweat on his forehead. His eyes met Jinhyuk’s in terror as he whispered, “What if the teacher’s scary?” (Inside he was scoffing. As if a super secret ninja agent would be scared of a teacher. That’s crazy.)

 

Jinhyuk ruffled his hair. “Don’t worry.” His gaze was tender. Then he leaned forward, his lips only centimeters from Soohyun’s ear and whispered, his breath barely ghosting through Soohyun’s hair. “I’ll protect you.” Soohyun stiffened, subtly shuffling away from Jinhyuk and into the door, feeling very uncomfortable.

 

“Um—okay!” Soohyun squeaked (and then he blanched, because he just squeaked. He was a super secret ninja agent. HE did NOT squeak. Like, what the hell man? Who’s idea was it to force him to talk to the y guy?)

 

Unfortunately at that moment, some idiot decided he wanted to get out of PolySci and opened the door Soohyun had practically flattened himself against, resulting in another dog pile. With a rather impressive thud, the hapless innocent lay plastered to the ground, Soohyun’s in his face and Jinhyuk pressed painfully across both of them, sitting on Soohyun’s abdomen.

 

(Soohyun began to regret the four pieces of pie he had eaten that morning.)

 

“Oh my. Hello boys.”

 

Jinhyuk looked up blearily from his rather fantastic view down Soohyun’s shirt. A strict looking old lady with grey hair pulled back in a tight bun glared back.

 

“It’s nice to see that you both finally decided to make an appearance, though I really must question you’re method of arrival. Not only is it disruptive; you have flattened one of my students.”

 

The two men stood faster than they thought they could humanly move. The other student remained KOed on the floor. Soohyun fiddled nervously with the front of his sweater, smoothing it down. Jinhyuk surreptitiously tucked his shirt in.

 

“We’re sorry—” Soohyun began.

 

“We were waiting for an appropriate moment to enter the room. We didn’t want to disturb because we were late. We had no idea someone was trying to leave,” Jinhyuk finished (he was standing up straight looking very professional. His shirt was tucked in and his hair was slicked back and everything. It kind of freaked Soohyun out—he found the guy sleeping in the bathroom for Gods’ sakes!).

 

The teacher sniffed in disapproval. “Why exactly did you arrive late?”

 

Soohyun scratched the back of his neck. “We got lost.”

 

The teacher raised an eyebrow. “Lost? How’s that?”

 

“Some idiot built another building that looks exac

Please log in to read the full chapter