Chapter Two

So in love with two. . . ♥

The next morning she woke up at her desk. She could barely open her eyes, but when she saw the clock she almost jumped out of her seat. She only had two hours to go to school and drop off her paper. She only had two hours, yet last night she passed out and she didn’t finish her paper.

“. . ” she cursed out loud as she rubbed her eyes and sat up straight. All because of Heedo, it wasn’t for him ─ she would have had her cup of coffee last night, she would of stayed awake and finished all of this. Now it was a race against time and how quickly her brain can bull the last few pages of her paper. She didn’t have time for a shower, so she decided to get ready first ─ that way she could rush out the minute she was finished.

She set a timer on as she began to fully concentrate on the task at hand.


                                                                                                                                                ♥

 

Ten minutes.  That’s how long she had until the deadline was up. She ran, she ran faster than she ever has before, because her timer decided to not work. So she was slightly later than she wanted to be. She definitely couldn’t take her time. She was fifteen minutes away, but she only had ten minutes and her heart felt like it was about to explode.  She had to catch her breath for at least a few seconds.  Once she felt a bit calmer she began to run again, calling out “move please” and “I’m sorry” as she maneuvered past people.
 
However, one person seemed to be lost in his own little world. One person didn’t move, which caused her to come crashing into him. She screamed as she felt hot liquid burn her skin, “What the f─”

She looked up to face the person that was stupid enough to ─ Heedo. Out of all the people she could of bumped into, she bumped into the one person who caused all this. “YOU” she pointed out in anger as he looked over his outfit. “Oh, thank god. They would have killed me if I got this dirty” he sighed in relief as he brushed off some dirt from his dark gray blazer.

“A lot of people seem to want to kill you, and I’m starting to see why” she growled at him as she began to fan the bottom of her shirt which was completely soaked in coffee. His eyes widened as he looked at her, “It’s you, coffee girl!” He immediately smiled as he remembered her, but once he saw the look on her face he frowned. Heedo looked down to her outfit and a look of panic spread across his face.

“Oh no, his coffee ─ and your shirt… I’m so sorry. Ah ─ here. Give me your phone” Heedo quickly snatched the phone from her and handed her his mobile phone. “Call your phone” he ordered as he began typing away on her phone. Once they were done exchanging numbers, he gave her an empathetic frown, “I’m really sorry, again. I’ll make it up to you, I promise” as he took his phone back he looked at the time and he began to panic, “I have to run ─ I’m almost late but I’m really sorry again.”

He waved off as he began to run in the opposite direction. What a whirlwind of emotions, first she felt like she was burnt her skin off, second she felt angry then… it was that feeling again. It was that overwhelming feeling of wanting to lean over and kiss him. He was a complete stranger and yet, she couldn’t shake the feeling off. Even though he kept pissing her off, a part of her kept blushing every time he stared at her for longer than five seconds.

Speaking of seconds…

Sandra looked at the time and realized she too had drifted off into fantasy land, completely forgetting that she had a paper to give in. So she continued to run to her school, and eventually made it in time to the teacher with exactly one minute to spare. ‘Finally’ she thought to herself, ‘I’m finally having a little bit of luck.’


                                                                                                                                            ♥


Now that she was finished handing in her last assignment before spring break, Sandra was free. She had absolutely nothing to do now. Looking down at her coffee stained shirt, she groaned. This was a nice shirt too, but of course that Heedo kid. She was calling him a kid yet, she didn’t even know if he was older than her or not. He didn’t look it, and he certainly didn’t act like it.

She pulled out her phone in anger as she walked over to one of the nearby parks, sitting in the bench to give her body a bit of a break from all the chaos today.

Outgoing text

Heedo, this is Sandra. The girl whose life you keep slowly screwing up by just existing. You ruined my shirt, I liked this shirt. I almost failed a class today because of yesterday and this morning with my little run-in with you.


Incoming text:
I told you, I’m sorry! I can’t talk right now. I’m… at work. I’ll text you a little later - Heedo

She put her phone down and gave out a loud yell in frustration. Heedo made her blood boil, and for more than one reason. A voice beside her chuckled, she didn’t notice the boy sitting beside her. He ran his fingers through his messy, light brown hair and leaned back to face her, “bad day?” he asked her with a wide grin.

Oh my god’ she thought to herself. He was so cute. He was the opposite of Heedo, who had more handsome features. This boy was handsome too, but in a cute way. His eyes brightened up before he smiled, and she felt her heart begin to race once again.

The boy sniffed the air, “you smell like coffee, specifically like the coffee my friend drinks.” She was still stunned into silence; you weren’t used to a boy being this cute. It wasn’t possible. He began to tap on a blank piece of drawing paper with a pencil impatiently as he looked around him, then looked down and sighed.

This brought her out of her trance-like state and made her sit up properly as she grew self-conscious, “What’s wrong? No inspiration?” she asked him as she looked over his shoulder. There was a mess of crumbled up paper around him.

He rubbed the back of his neck nervously, “…something like that. All my friends are naturally really good at something. I’m trying to find something I’m good at, but… I can’t seem to find anything. I mean I like drawing, but I’m not good at it. My friends each have something they’re amazing at, but I’m… I’m like the disappointment of the group, the black sheep.” It seemed like he was more talking to himself and ranting off rather than talking to her. He looked up at her as he finished talking with his eyes wide open, “I-I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to get so… depressing and rant off so much. We don’t even know each other. I’m just… lonely I guess, and you’re easy to talk to. Maybe it’s that familiar coffee smell” he grinned at her again.

“Yeah you can blame someone else for that” she looked at the bottom of her shirt in anger, remembering the tall, tanned, handsome boy that caused it; Which of course, made her instantly blush.

“You look cute like that, when you blush. It makes me wish I was better at drawing people, because you would definitely be my inspiration right now” he blushed as he looked at her and then down at his blank piece of paper. He began to rub the back of his neck again, “I ─ um, that was very forward wasn’t it? I’m sorry, but your eyes they’re so ─”

He stopped himself, shaking his head in the process. She couldn’t help but look away from him to stop herself from blushing so hard. She was already blushing because of Heedo and now this guy? She barely knew the two boys. He suddenly stood up, “I got it. I know what I want to draw, but I have to go. I have to go near… water… maybe. Your eyes are so ─ they just reminded me of something I could draw.”

Her heart was racing faster than ever, as he continued to speak, “I can’t draw people ─ but you inspired me. Thank you, I ─ I don’t even know your name.”

Her phone began to beep but she ignored it as she responded to him, “I’m Sandra… my name is Sandra.” She was stuttering and she could look at the cute boy standing in front of her. “You can call me, Minpyo. Sandra ─ I like that name. It’s pretty, just like you. Can we ─ can we exchange numbers? You’ve already helped me so much; I want to return the favor someday” he asked her as he held his hand out with his phone.

She was amazed at herself, two numbers in one day and a few hours apart? Jesus, what has she been eating? Shyly, she handed her phone over the adorable boy.

“Done” he announced loudly as he gave her a small smile, “I’ll talk to you soon, Sandra.” He picked up his crumbled pieces of paper and shoved them all in his backpack. As he gave her a small wink, he gripped the drawing pad in his hand and waved goodbye.

She looked at her phone, he added himself as “Minpyo ♥” yes ─ with a heart. Oh my god, he was so adorable. Unlike that stupid ─

Her phone began to blink, 1 new message. ‘Oh right’ she thought to herself as she looked through her text messages. She rolled her eyes as she saw who it was from. Of course, it was Heedo. Was he already trying to ruin another good moment of hers?  

Incoming text message:
Look behind you.

She jumped in her seat, ‘because that’s not creepy at all’ she growled to herself. “Sandra. I like that name. It’s pretty, just like you” a deep voice mocked behind her. She got up in anger, “You were listening? Why is that whenever you’re around, I instantly feel so angry.”

Heedo looked at her and shrugged, “maybe it’s ual frustration.”

oh hell no.

He saw the look in her eye and immediately put his hands up in surrender, a move made infamous by Benji who always seemed to enjoy pissing Beth off, “I’m sorry. I’m sorry ─ it was just a joke, geez. Minpyo he’s my ─ uh, he’s my friend. We’re really good friends.” Heedo’s facial features began to soften, instead of the predatory smirk he constantly seemed to wear around her ─ he now had a softer expression.

“Why would someone like him be friends with someone like you?” She asked him as she raised her eyebrow at her enemy. “Don’t look at me like that, he’s not as innocent as pretends to be. He’s a pretty flirty guy when it comes to women. Don’t start thinking you’re the only one he said that line to” Heedo crossed his arms over his chest and looked at her with a frown.

“Anyway, I’m not here to talk about him. Pick a day, we’ll hang out. I’ll make it up to you. I don’t have that much money yet ─ but I feel bad for constantly bumping into you and making your day worse. So, I want to make it up to you, Sandra. Please?” he begged her again, with that same puppy dog look that got him the coffee to begin with. She was helpless to that stare, oh god.

“O─Okay, I can’t today ─ but m-maybe tom-tomorrow. Text m─me tomorrow” she blushed as she stuttered. She couldn’t handle his gaze on her; it was much different than the innocent, friendly gaze that Minpyo gave her.

She was helpless, and she was falling ─ hard for two boys she barely knew.