Chapter One

So in love with two. . . ♥

 

Sandra could hear the soft moans coming from the other bedroom. The tiny apartment had paper thin walls and if quiet enough ─ you could quite possibly hear a pen drop from the other room.  Sandra groaned, putting her hands over her ears as an attempt to silence the noises.  However, it wasn’t working, especially since she needed her hands to finish typing the paper that was due tomorrow. She got up, searching her nearest drawers for a pair of heavier headphones, ones that would definitely block out all the noise. She could hear his cursing through the walls, and the bed squeaking in rhythm to the male’s animalistic outbursts.

Where are those ing headphones?’ she asked herself as she heard the noises getting slightly louder. After searching for another minute, she finally found them in a pile underneath unworn clothes. She quickly plugged the headphones in her laptop, blasting her music up, finally being able to drown out the passionate sounds coming from the other bedroom.
 

Time seemed to move slowly as Sandra attempted to finish her essay. She took off her headphones, and waited in silence for a minute, making sure her roommate was finished with her boyfriend. A familiar silence greeted her back. She sighed in relief; it was time for a break. She wasn’t too hungry, so maybe a small snack would suffice. Ice cream seemed like her best bet, or some strawberries ─ or maybe both combined?

She tried to move as quietly as possible, just in-case everyone was asleep. As soon as she opened her door, Beth’s door opened as well ─ revealing a messy haired Benji, with his belt undone. He was trying to fix himself up, running his fingers through his dark, messy locks. He jumped back, startled when he realized she was staring at him. Moving silently, he closed the door gently behind him as he addressed her, “Sorry” he bit his lip shyly as he fumbled with his belt, “We were loud, right? I hope I didn’t wake you.”

Sandra shook her head at him, “I was already awake ─ and I put my music on loud, so don’t worry about it.” He finished fixing himself up, looking into a mirror nearby to make sure his hair was perfectly in place.  His eyes moved to the side, giving her a small smirk as he caught her staring, “Sometimes I forget you’re still innocent, this whole thing must make you uncomfortable. I mean I tell Beth we can do this at my place but ─”

She interrupted him, looking at him with slightly open in offense, “Still innocent? Wait, how did you know ─ did Beth tell you… oh, I’m going to kill─”

He put his hands up in surrender, laughing in the process, “She didn’t tell me, but it’s so obvious… and you confirmed it now anyway.” She swatted his arm playfully, half in anger as well. She wasn’t embarrassed for being a , but having Benji talking about it just made her want to crawl back into bed while putting her sheets over her head. She moved towards the kitchen, ignoring the giant who hand to bend down to properly see himself in the mirror.

She opened the refrigerator, no ice cream. She looked around for the strawberries, but couldn’t find them either. She put her hands on her hips in frustration, where the were all the snacks at? She just stocked up on snacks the other day. Benji looked at the frustrated blonde in the kitchen, “Um ─ yeah, Beth and I kind of used ─”

Sandra put her hand up before he could say anything that she wouldn’t be able to erase from her mind, “I get it, I get it. However, you’re going to have to start buying or at least replacing some of the food here, because you two waste a weeks’ worth of food in an hour.” She couldn’t believe she was scolding her best friend’s boyfriend, but she was now tired, embarrassed, and hungry. It was already getting late, yet she wasn’t finished with her paper. She needed some energy, and quick.

As Benji said his goodbyes, she went back into her room to look for her wallet. She had just enough to pick up some coffee to wake her up and maybe a snack or two to calm her growling stomach. ‘The nearby grocery store should still be open at this hour’ she told herself as she looked at the time. Rushing to get ready, she picked up the nearest clean outfit along with a light jacket and ran out the door.

The grocery store was closing in less than 30 minutes, but lucky for her it wasn’t more than a 5 minute walk. She was also walking a bit fast paced, feeling the chilly spring air against her face as she rushed towards her current salvation. Sandra walked in the tiny grocery store, heading straight towards the coffee section. She bit her lip as she attempted to ignore all the other expensive yet delicious desserts on display in front of her. There was only one brand of coffee that Sandra liked. She wasn’t much of a coffee person, but this brand kept her awake and tastes delicious.

As she reached out for it, another pair of hands covered hers, of course ─ as if a joke by the gods or satan ─ it was the only coffee can left from that specific brand.

“No, no, no. Please” the deep voice beside her begged, “I need this. He will kill me if I don’t get this for him.” Sandra did not let go, she kept a firm grip on the coffee can as she spoke, “I had my hands on this first. I need it too. I have a paper to write.”

She turned slightly while keeping her hand on the coffee can to face the stranger. A gasp almost escaped her lips. ‘Why is he so ing handsome’ she cried to herself. The stranger with deep chocolate eyes began to pout, “P-Please... he only drinks this brand. He’s unbearable when he doesn’t have his coffee, and then I’m dead for not getting this for him.”

His lips were trembling as he gave her a pout and even though she knew he was doing this on purpose ─ it still got to her. She was melting; this handsome, tall boy was giving her feelings that she hasn’t felt in so long. It wasn’t fair; this definitely wasn’t fair at all.  She was memorized by him, she knew she was staring but she couldn’t stop. He gave her a small smirk as he leaned into her ear, whispering in a smooth and endearing tone, “Thank you.”

That’s it. That’s all he said, yet to her he might as well had said I love you because her heart was racing. She couldn’t stop it. Wow, has she really been this lonely? So lonely that an attractive boy holding her hand and whispering to her, made her feel this way? She shook her thoughts off and at him in confusion, why was he saying thank you?

She stared as he pulled away, waving the coffee can in front of her. She froze into place again, ‘wait, what? When he did get that away from her?’ She looked at floor in defeat, mentally angry at herself, ‘well, maybe he grabbed away when you were drooling like an idiot.’

As she walked the tall, handsome boy walk away she had almost forgotten why she was at the grocery store to begin with. She rushed straight to the snacks section, picking up some ice cream and chips. Time was not on her side, and she had to find a replacement for coffee that would keep her awake. Eyeing the energy drinks at the other side of the store, she mentally debated with herself. She needed something to keep her awake, however energy drinks barely work for her. They make her crash more than anything, but she did need something.


                               “Attention all shoppers, the store will be closing in 10 minutes. Please bring all ─

‘’ Sandra cursed at herself as she rushed to grab whatever energy drinks she could afford and ran to the front of the store. Breathing heavily she lined up behind a tall boy with a small cart over-loaded with snacks. ‘No, it can’t be’ she thought to herself as she leaned slightly to the side. Yes, yes it was. It was the boy from earlier.

As the employee began to ring the boy up, a loud noise started playing out of the cash register. The employee sighed as if already bored by the whole situation, “Congratulations sir, you are our one millionth customer. As a prize, your entire purchase today is completely free.” Sandra’s mouth hung open in shock and jealously. He hated him, she didn’t even know his name and she hated him already.

“Name sir?” the employee asked the annoying, handsome boy ─ jotting something down on a piece of paper. “Heedo” the boy answered.

Heedo. Yes, she ing hated Heedo.