Monday Blues

Stealing His Jerseys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Pass me the gravy Nice” my mom said, gesturing her hands out.

 

“Nice?” Tao interrupted looking at me mockingly

 

“Oh, I call her Nice, short for Eunice dear. My daughter’s good and kind to everyone she knows and it rhymes, so I use to call her that” my mom added smiling so sweetly at us. Great, just,  great.

 

We are having dinner and I couldn’t say no when my mom invited him again just because she thought I’m going out with this idiot and I’m just shy to admit it, good thing I was able to clear things up when we entered our house.

 

“so why were you two bickering outside?” mom started the conversation again. Just why wouldn’t she let that slide

“I was asking her to give---“ I stepped on Tao’s foot again not wanting him to tell mom what I did.

“Give what?” Mom looked questioningly at me

“I--- he—he asked me to give him uhm, my--- yes! My assignment for our English class tomorrow” I replied nodding furiously at mom, who, I think believed me.

“What? We’re not even classm—“

“It’s okay Tao, you don’t need to be shy to mom. She understands airheads” I smiled oh-so-sweetly at him. He glared at me but I just ignored it.

After eating dinner, my mom didn’t ask me to wash the dishes like she use to and instead told be to hand Tao the notebook I was talking about earlier. But there’s no notebook. I felt guilty that I lied to mom.

When we were at the living room. Tao faced me and said

“Give me the jerseys now.”

“no I won’t”

“If you won’t hand it, I’m going to announce it at the whole school tomorrow.” Tao glared at me. Is that all he have for a comeback?

“You’re blackmailing” I tried to act like I was hurt.

“And you’re a thief” he said, emphasizing the ‘f’ word

“Whatever, ugh fine. You wait here” I went upstairs. I was thinking of handing him something else.  I can’t just hand him the jerseys!!

I came back down with a box in hand.

“Let’s go outside first so you can leave right after you got my precious shirts.”

“It’s not yours, It’s MINE”

“Finders keepers” I rolled my eyes at him.

“You stole it. You didn’t find it” He pointed out looking annoyed as ever.

 

When we reached outside the gate, I handed him the box.

“Here.”

He took it and started to open it, then boom.

 

*kokak kokak*

 

“WHAT THE FU** SH** GO TO HE**” I started laughing hysterically pointing my fingers at him who still kept muttering profanities under his breath. He looked so red and fuming HAHAHAHAHA you didn’t get me, I Got you!!HAHAHA

He started jumping around like a girl and I started picking up the frogs that scattered. I love frogs. Yes, they’re not gross for me. They’re awesome.

“Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter