Concert + Confusion

Falling in love
"Fifteen minutes Eunhyuk!" Said boy sighed and nodded as he let the make up noonas work on his face. He motioned for a water bottle and was given one in a matter of seconds. 
 
He shouldn't be nervous about this since he's had numerous of concerts before but just the thought of his crush in the audience made him feel giddy but nervous as well. 
 
"Will he like it?" He muttered to himself as he bit his lip. 
 
"I'm sorry, what did you say?" Eunhyuk looked up from the mirror to see his hairstylist looking at him questioningly. 
 
"Oh nothing noona." He smiled assuringly. He heard the door open but didn't dare to turn or else his stylist would scold him again. 
 
"Oppa!" He heard an excited overly familiar voice. "Boa!" He shouted with the same enthusiasm. 
 
The girl giggled as she made her way to him. Both stared at each other through the mirror. "Oppa you look really handsome!" She said giving him two thumbs up. 
 
"Thank you. You look beautiful my lovely dongsaeng." He said smirking when she hit his arm playfully. 
 
"Yah! You're such a flirt!" She teased making both laugh before smiling softly at him "Break a leg oppa!" 
 
Eunhyuk faked a gasp "I thought you love me now you want me to injure myself?" Boa laughed "You know what I mean oppa!" She said shaking her head at him and smiling. 
 
"I'm just playing with you. Are you ready too?" He asked her. She bit her lower lip and nodded. 
 
"Of course!" She said smiling brightly and watched as the stylists were finishing their work on him. 
 
Suddenly the stage manager popped his head inside the room "Eunhyuk! You're up in five. Boa you're up now." Both nodded and thanked the staff as they walked backstage. 
 
Boa took a deep breath and hugged Eunhyuk tightly. "Wish me luck oppa!" 
 
"Good luck my lovely dongsaeng." He added his gummy smile making Boa smile as she went on stage. 
 
Eunhyuk heard his fans cheer for her and was proud and happy that they seemed to accept her. There were still rumors about both dating from last year when she debuted but it was all in the past and both had declared the rumors false. 
 
Boa was one of the few trainees that didn't let her talent get to her head and she'd been bullied a lot by other trainees in fact that's how they met. Eunhyuk had once saved her from other girls who were jealous of her and afterwards he took it upon himself to care for the lonely girl who reminded him of his sister. In an interview he had confessed to declaring himself her oppa/protector and rumors plus shippers came out because of that. Of course it rose haters for both from their fans as well. 
 
He knew the rumors would start once again because of her opening his concert and both would shrug it off just like last time. They'd still go out to eat and hang out as friends despite the rumors. They had nothing to hide after all. 
 
Eunhyuk watched as Boa sang her heart out on stage as he fixed his mic that was taped on his cheek, closer to his mouth. He hummed along with her and admired her beautiful voice having a soothing effect on the audience. He saw her bowing when she delivered the last note. 
 
On the side, he received the thumbs up of his manager about his microphone now being on. 
 
"Thank you for having me here. I shall not make you wait any longer precious jewels. Eunhyuk-ssi." Boa bowed and gestured towards him. Eunhyuk walked on stage and they hugged halfway; the fans (shippers) going wild when she whispered something in his ear. 
 
"Oppa fighting!" She curled her hand in a fist and smiled before walking out. 
 
Eunhyuk smiled shaking his head. He bowed at the audience and gave them his gummy smile that made them go crazy. 
 
Donghae was bored. He'd rather not be here where he was being squished, pushed, stepped on occasionally and going deaf slowly. This one girl on his left next to him screamed at the top her lungs when she saw Boa appear and he was more than ready to leave to save his ears. He wasn't used to this and would never be. 
 
He had to admit he liked her voice though. He had heard her songs on the radio before but he wouldn't consider himself a fan since he knew nothing about her. Most female idols are rumored to be too spoiled and bratty for being flawless and famous but Boa sure didn't look like that at all. Sure she was flawless but she gave off this friendly, down-to-earth aura. 
 
Just like Eunhyuk. He watched both interact and, for a reason he didn't understand, he didn't like the pairing. 
 
He smiled along when Eunhyuk gave off his gummy smile. In his defense, you couldn't not smile upon seeing that smile. His fans roared in happiness and shouted his name enthusiastically. He looked to his right and watched as Mochi was screaming his lungs out along with Sungmin. 
 
"Marry me Eunhyuk-ssi!!!" Henry shouted as he held his poster above his head. 
 
"Nooo! Marry meeee!!!!" Sungmin yelled holding his poster higher. 
 
Soon both were engaged in a fight about who's poster was higher so Eunhyuk would spot it. 
 
Heenim, in Hangeng's arms, was on her phone for a while though occasionally looking up and following along to the first song's lyrics while Hangeng hummed along. 
 
Siwon was quietly watching the show as opposed to Sungmin and Henry. 
 
At one point Donghae could've sworn Eunhyuk was looking straight at him. 
 
He looked down at his shoes with a frown adorning his features. Why was his heart reacting to it? He was starting to sweat just like the many girls surrounding him. He looked back up and there it was again. Eunhyuk was looking straight at him. 
 
It couldn't be. He looked to his sides then back at the idol who was still staring at him as he sang. 
 
He bit his lip feeling a grin surfacing and scolded himself mentally. No he liked Hyukjae not Eunhyuk. Even saying both names in one sentence sounded weird. 
 
His heart and stomach were reacting to Eunhyuk the same way he would with Hyukjae. 
 
They weren't even together and he felt as if he was cheating on him already. It was unfair. He paid no attention to the singer and instead distracted himself with his phone. 
 
He had to admit though, Eunhyuk was a great entertainer. He had a nice soothing voice that seemed to warm him up. 
 
He looked up in time to see the idol ing his shirt. This action drove his fans even crazier and Donghae almost drooled if it wasn't for the slight push he got from the girl behind him who kept screaming about how hot Eunhyuk's body is. 
 
Henry and Sungmin weren't any different. The youngest was already drooling shamelessly while Sungmin kept jumping up and down as he bit his lips anticipating what's to come. 
 
It was the first time Donghae ever watched Eunhyuk live not even through the internet, only on the many posters Henry had in his room. So he was not prepared for his next act. 
 
The song had changed to a livelier one. One that made him want to dance to the hip-hop tone. He watched as Eunhyuk danced professionally along with his back up dancers. At one point he tossed his head to his left and set his hand on his belt then ed his hips forward. Everyone lost it. 
 
Squeals could be heard all over even Heenim was squealing (not for long because Hangeng quickly covered her eyes possessively).
 
"Oh my god." Donghae was sweating. He could bet all his Nemo plushies that Eunhyuk kept glancing his way as he continued with his sinful act. 
 
The way he moved his hips like that had Donghae shifting uncomfortably. He felt his heart jump and his stomach doing weird flipping motions inside him. He wanted to scream but all he could do was wipe his sweat off his forehead with his cardigan's sleeve. 
 
The idol was teasing his fans and he wasn't even one dammit! But he was under his charm and couldn't look away even as their eyes met. He fought the urge to squeal like the girls around him. 
 
The idol gave off his y smirk before laughing in glee at his fans' reaction. 
 
"His laugh is so, ugh, I can't describe it!" A fan nearby screamed eagerly. 
 
"I know right! Boa unnie is so lucky!" Another one chirped in obviously shipping both. 
 
"No Eunhyuk oppa is with Uee not Boa." Another one argued. 
 
"Eunhyuk and Uee had no chemistry at all during their drama." Henry frowned at the girl who shipped Eunee. 
 
"That's right and his relationship with Boa is strictly sibling-like bond." Sungmin huffed in jealousy. 
 
Donghae frowned at all of them. He didn't like any pairing and he felt hurt and jealous just thinking about him with someone else. 
 
"Someone else? Whoa whoa!" He muttered to himself shaking those thoughts out. 
 
"Yah! Will you all just shut the up and enjoy the show!" Heenim interrupted their squabbles as she slid Hangeng's hands away that were blocking her view. 
 
Donghae felt relieved when they all went back to fangirling over the idol. He really didn't want to be a part of potential physical fights in the crowded place. 
 
A few songs later the environment had quieted down to listen to his ballads which Donghae surprisingly started to download on his phone (secretly of course) and after a while, Eunhyuk had gone backstage for a break. 
 
Now everyone kept talking about the performance so far and Donghae had to agree (secretly) with some fans when they said the wait was worth it all. 
 
He engaged in conversation with Siwon about other stuff while the rest talked about Eunhyuk. 
 
"Tomorrow he'll be guest in 'Stars for you' I'll obviously watch it and hope he reveals more secrets." Mochi gushed. 
 
"That show isn't scripted right?" Sungmin shook his head at a random fan who had asked that. "It's not." He said. 
 
"Hey did you hear about a possible idol from Sapphire Entertainment joining 'We got married'? I hope it's not Eunhyuk oppa." Another fan sighed earning others to agree with her. 
 
Donghae once again frowned. He didn't like that either and he was again upset because he didn't know why. He just didn't want to see him being lovey dovey with others more so very beautiful women. 
 
'Hyukjae. I like Hyukjae not Eunhyuk. Hyukjae Hyukjae Hyukjae.' He chanted in his head as he closed his eyes remembering how Hyukjae looks and everything about him that drove him crazy. "Hyukjae Hyukjae Hyukjae." 
 
Siwon furrowed his eyebrows as he stared at Donghae who kept murmuring Hyukjae's name over and over again. He nudged him not liking what he was doing at all. 
 
Donghae opened his eyes and looked up to his friend. Siwon was about to say something when suddenly the fans started to scream again. 
 
"It's KEY!" They all yelled and held up their blue and gray lanterns. Blue signifying Eunhyuk's fanclub color and gray signifying KY's. The brunette looked up to the stage where Eunhyuk was standing along with Kyuhyun and Yesung. The three of them touching the fans upfront's catty hands who want a piece of the three and he's sure they might get scratches with the way some of them are desperately clutching on to them. Kyuhyun almost got pulled in if it wasn't for the security guards nearby. 
 
Ryeowook went wild upon seeing Yesung. "That's him! That's the one I saved today!" He grinned at his friends who didn't believe him. 
 
Donghae chuckled at his behavior and listened closely to his friend humming along to the ballad the three on stage were starting to sing and he really wished Ryeowook would be on stage sharing his beautiful voice as well. 
 
At one point the three began acting silly and Donghae found himself laughing or giggling at their acts. 
 
"Omo I told you Kyuhyuk is real!" A fan jumped eagerly as Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk faced each other and laced their hands together as they sung "romantically" to one another. That prompted Yesung to smack both their hands apart and lace his with the maknae's to then take Eunhyuk's place. 
 
"Nooo it's Kyusung!" Another hollered. 
 
Squeals once again erupted as each shipping name was being screamed. 
 
A few ballads and silly acts later, KY kissed Eunhyuk on the cheek at the same time; Kyuhyun on his left and Yesung on his right, and both left the stage after bowing at the fans to show their gratitude. 
 
Eunhyuk sang and danced to the rest of his songs and after a few hours of enjoyment, the concert was nearing it's end. 
 
The idol finished it off with a song he had personally written. Donghae found himself staring at the performer as he played the piano. Eunhyuk was singing his heart out as usual but Donghae felt special when the celebrity looked straight at him while singing a few notes of his song. 
 
Time waits for no one and lies always come out,
 
Even if I end up losing you, just know, loving you wasn't a lie,
 
Saranghae, 
 
I've never felt this way,
 
Saranghae,
 
Can you feel my sincerity? 
 
Your smile is my very own... 
 
Donghae felt touched. He felt like melting as Eunhyuk's eyes never left his. It's like he was singing to him only and he didn't want to feel this selfish but something was happening to him with Eunhyuk. 
 
He broke apart the eye contact looking everywhere except at him. 
 
'I have become besotted with Eunhyuk. Just for tonight.' He thinks as he and his friends make their way out of the place. They were nearing backstage where the parking lot was located when suddenly a figure stopped in front of them. 
 
"Hi. I'm so sorry for stepping in like this. My name is Yesung and I was wondering if you'd like to join us backstage." Henry and Sungmin squealed as they pointed at all of them to certify the singer was indeed talking to them. 
 
Yesung nodded. "I'd also like to thank you properly for saving me earlier. I saw you in the crowd and couldn't pass up this opportunity." He smiled towards Ryeowook who felt too shy to answer. 
 
"Yah Yesung did they say yes?" Kyuhyun the maknae popped his head out from the backstage doors only to widen his eyes when he saw all of them staring at him. 
 
He cleared his throat and proudly waited for the screaming to start. But none came. 
 
"Huh?" He looked confused to all of them. "Eh? Where are the squeals and shouting?" He asked quite disappointed. 
 
"Not everyone is a fan of yours Kyutehyun." Yesung teased making the other frown. 
 
Both boys ushered the gang inside and of course the two fan boys couldn't resist the urge to squeal and act hyper-ly when they read the name on the star plaque plastered on the door. 
 
'Eunhyuk' 
 
Donghae gulped when the maknae opened the door to reveal the star of the night who was on one of the couches scrolling through his phone for the latest buzz about his concert. 
 
Eunhyuk posted a Thank You and a few other words along with a selfie he had taken backstage with the other three performers on Instagram before looking up to the new comers. 
 
His eyes widened and he only prayed none would recognize him this close. His hair was back to red and his glasses were gone. He was safe. 
 
"Omo it's Eunhyuk!" Henry shamelessly squealed and proceeded to hug the idol. Sungmin quickly shoved the youngest aside and hugged him even tighter almost cutting of his air supply. 
 
"Yah! Lee Sungmin!" Donghae strode forward and pulled Sungmin away then bowed at the idol. "I apologize for both." 
 
Eunhyuk's eyes softened and he fought the urge to pull Donghae into his arms and ask the guy for his point of view about his performance. 
 
"We're huge fans!" Henry beamed making Eunhyuk chuckle. The action bringing yet another set of fluttering emotions to Donghae. 
 
'His laugh, it sounds familiar.' 
 
He watched as his friends interacted and took photos with the three idols. At one point KY narrowed their eyes at Heenim who looked slightly nervous under their gaze. 
 
Siwon and Eunhyuk talked as if they were already friends and Ryeowook asked a few questions to Yesung relating to his path in choosing music. Donghae felt left out but he wasn't going to voice it. At times both he and Eunhyuk would glance at each other and shyly look away when they caught themselves doing so. 
 
It was awkward and confusing for Donghae. The way his heart fluttered was meant to be only for Hyukjae though there he was- Eunhyuk messing with his feelings. 
 
He wanted nothing more than to be with Hyukjae again and assure himself that he was the one Donghae felt something for and not the idol who couldn't keep his eyes off of him. 
 
And now here he is at his cafe watching Eunhyuk and a few other idols being guests on 'Stars for you'.
 
"Ah so you like driving your fans crazy." The MC teased Eunhyuk who laughed as his answer. 
 
Kyuhyun who was guest as well proceeded to talk about a moment at their dorm. 
 
"This one time Yesung and I had come back from Japan after promotions there and we walked in on Eunhyuk hip ing to his songs." The guests laughed as Eunhyuk covered his face with his hands in embarrassment. 
 
"Ah the sharp tongue speaks." Henry pointed out. 
 
"You must be so proud of yourself Eunhyuk-ssi I wish I could have your confidence and like that too." The other MC smiled teasingly. 
 
A few girls in the cafe giggled as they watched their oppa be embarrassed. 
 
"He transforms." A pretty female guest started. "On stage he's really confident and y then off stage he's shy and cute." 
 
Everyone oh-ed at the girl besides Kyuhyun. 
 
"Did you just call Eunhyuk y and cute?" The MC Shindong asked in surprise. 
 
"She did." Kyuhyun nodded as he nudged Eunhyuk who was smiling. 
 
Donghae glared at the smile. 
 
"Whaaa that's IU how dare she!" Sungmin snapped and so did a few other fans in the cafe. 
 
"I think we females all think that not only me." She quickly covered up as she pulled the blanket resting on her legs up and clutching on it tightly. 
 
"Not only females." Henry snorted. 
 
"Ah I see Eunhyuk likes being complimented." The second MC grinned. "That smile says it all." 
 
"Or it could be because of something else." The maknae spoke looking directly at the camera making Donghae shiver unknowingly. 
 
Eunhyuk quickly pushed the maknae playfully. 
 
"Ohh could it be you already have a special someone who might be watching you?" Shindong asked prodding the truth out. 
 
"Ahaha." Eunhyuk scratched his nape. "I have a lot of special someone's. My fans all are special to me." He smiled gummyly making his fans swoon. 
 
"That last song though, can we know who it was for?" Eunhyuk was caught off guard with the question. 
 
"That's- it was something I was feeling at the moment when I wrote it." He said and mentally thanked Kyuhyun for his next words. 
 
"We were watching an emotional movie a week ago and after it finished he- being emotional, started writing down what he felt. The movie's name I don't remember." Kyuhyun added in case they'd ask and saved Eunhyuk. 
 
"Ah I see. Kyuhyun-ssi is it true you want to debut in acting?" Eunhyuk was glad the attention wasn't on him anymore. 
 
Kyuhyun laughed at the question "No I'm not that good when it comes to acting." 
 
"He's really not." Eunhyuk added making them laugh. 
 
"IU we heard you'd be extending your fan signing events where fans have been eagerly asking; which male idol would you like to have a duet with?" 
 
IU looked from the MC to Eunhyuk making it obvious. "I'd like to collab with Eunhyuk-oppa. He has a really sweet voice I think would match mine and I've heard from some unnies who have worked with him that he's funny and really kind." She explained and nodded a few times at her words. 
 
Eunhyuk looked at her and smiled a little to be polite. "I would be up for a collab when we both have time." He said. IU lit up at his words. 
 
Donghae had shifted his eyes from the screen to the floor. 
 
He felt wrong thinking this way and he just wanted it to be Monday already so he could be with Hyukjae. 
 
----
 
Heenim shifted in her seat. Hangeng and her were currently having dinner. Everything was romantically set in his backyard where he serenaded her five minutes ago. 
 
She bit her lip as she looked at her boyfriend who couldn't stop smiling. 
 
"I still can't believe you cooked this. I mean the last time you tried to cook for me we ended up ordering take out instead." He looked at her and grabbed her hands. "Baby you didn't have to though, you know once we live together I'll be the one feeding you." Heenim felt touched. Really touched and guilty. 
 
'He's already thinking of living together!' 
 
"Hannie," she stabbed her steak trying to erase her nervousness. "I have to tell you something." 
 
Hangeng looked up from her hands. "I'm all ears baby." He said and kissed her hands softly. 
 
'Damnit you're the Kim Heechul since when are you afraid? How long will you prolong this?' She thought. 
 
She looked at him straight in the eyes before averting her gaze elsewhere. 'I can't. The way he looks at me.. I can't lose him.'
 
She looked back at him. "I love you. You mean so much to me Hannie." 
 
Hangeng smiled and stood up to sit next to her. "Honey, I love you so much. You mean everything to me." He kissed her temple. 
 
Heenim bit her tongue feeling the tears running down her face. "Thank you for being with me." She whispered. He turned her to face him and wiped her tears away "Honey why are you crying?" He asked concern and panic overtaking him. 
 
She stared at him before throwing her arms around his neck pulling him into a hug "Don't leave me." She whispered through sobs as she clutched onto the back of his shirt tightly. He pulled her closer into his arms hugging her tightly. 
 
"I won't. I promise." And Heenim knew she was being selfish by asking such thing and hoping he'd keep his promise even after she'd reveal the truth. 
 
Kim Heechul didn't mean to fall in love. All he wanted to do was to mess around pretending to be a girl at a university of his choice and leave behind his idol status for a while. It wasn't his fault he had what it takes to be a female (not counting his- ahem), it wasn't his fault he was having too much fun enjoying the attention he'd get from males, it wasn't his fault the only one that caught his attention was Hangeng. 
 
Love was unpredictable and Cupid aimed his arrows at the wrong time. Now Heechul was to deep into it and he'll be damned if he ever loses Hangeng. Therefor he can only hope he accepts him even after the truth he reveals. 
 
-----
 
Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun took their coats off and hung them on the coat rack beside the door then proceeded to take their shoes off. 
 
"How'd the filming go?" Yesung asked as he put away the book he was currently reading. 
 
Kyuhyun walked forward standing behind the couch "Eh it was alright. Fun too. I think IU has a crush on Hyuk." He said as he took Yesung's glasses from behind and put them on. 
 
"Yah!" Yesung protested trying to snatch them back from the mocking maknae. 
 
"I don't think so. She just knows how to rile up her fans." Eunhyuk shrugged and went to the kitchen. 
 
"I say she likes you." Kyuhyun shouted loud enough for the redhead to hear. 
 
"Well I missed the show thanks to the photoshoot I had to do. But I'll watch it when I have time and give you my point of view." Yesung added once Eunhyuk returned with a glass of strawberry milk in his hand. 
 
"Don't bother. Kyu is just making things up and even if she does harbor a crush on me I can't return her feelings." He took a sip from his milk ignoring the pair of narrowed eyes aimed at him. 
 
"Yes because you already like someone." Kyuhyun stated, his voice lacing with seriousness instead of the playful teasing he's used to talk with. 
 
The red head sighed and closed his eyes as he reminisced about yesterday. "I really wanted to sing to him directly. I almost pulled him on stage to do that." 
 
"You're hopeless." Kyuhyun shook his head smiling. 
 
Eunhyuk tossed his head back on the couch and opened his eyes to look up at the ceiling. "You have no idea. He isn't my first crush but I never felt this way with any of them either." He ran his hands through his red locks. 
 
"Why don't you ask him out?" Yesung asked after quietly listening to the other. Kyuhyun nodded eagerly besides him. 
 
"I like him. I really do but it's just.. I don't want to lie to him." He breathed out. 
 
"I say you tell him the truth then ask him out." Yesung suggested. Kyuhyun nodded "Yeah, I don't think he'll reject you I mean I think he likes you back from what we've seen at the cafe." 
 
The other whipped his head from staring at the ceiling to them with a look of disapproval and disbelief "You're still stalking me?" He asked a little annoyed. 
 
"What? No!" Both defended as Yesung secretly pinched the maknae's thigh. 
 
"Mhmm" Hyukjae hummed not believing them at all. He ignored his best friends who were heatedly arguing in whisper to themselves and pondered over what he should do. 
 
Suddenly, he stood up with a determined look on his face. "You know what, I'll ask him out." 
 
-------
 
A/N: Mianhae for the wait u.u 
I am officially now on summer vacation so hopefully I'll be updating more frequently before I go to soccer camp. 
 
Thank you to those of you who comment! It really does make my day and puts a smile on my face every time I read your comments. 
 
Please continue commenting! 
 
Ja ne~!