New life + Feelings

Falling in love

Donghae sighed for the nth time that day when he'd hear the doorbell chime welcoming a new customer. 

"He's not coming." Wookie rubbed his shoulders soothingly. 

"What? I'm not waiting for anyone." He said dismissing Ryeowook's comment and going back to help Sungmin. He would if it wasn't for his friend holding him back by his wrist. 

"Donghae, I know you. And because I know you and I'm one of your very best friends I can say that you like Hyukjae or Hyukkie as you call him." Ryeowook stated looking worriedly at his best friend. It wasn't that he didn't support him he did gladly it was that he didn't want his friends to be heartbroken again.  

"I don't know Wookie I think I do." The taller brunette hugged the smaller one. He wanted to deny it but he couldn't. It was always like this. He'd crush on someone then be heartbroken when he'd get rejected and it would start all over again. 

Ryeowook smiled at his friend encouraging him "Don't be sad though I mean we don't know if he's gay or not plus when someone falls in love they fall in love with the person's personality not their right?" 

Donghae nodded "Unless he's one of those that cares." Though he doubted. He knew Hyukjae enough to know he was a really good guy despite his mysterious aura. He was so kind and funny. 

Donghae felt his friend rubbing his back in a soothing manner. 

It was hard for Donghae to come out and Ryeowook knew that. It wasn't that he woke one day and decided he was gay. He was always the type to know what he wanted but when he started to view males differently and have feelings for one of his best friend's he started to question if it was really right to harbor those feelings. For almost a year he had been battling himself and when he finally accepted his feelings and ual preference he decided to tell his best friends first. 

Ryeowook was the first to support him while Sungmin took a while and when he finally gave his friend his support he too came out only blaming Eunhyuk and those other idols out there. At the time Sungmin had a girlfriend and he admitted he never really liked her. They never passed through the holding hands stage. And even so he admitted he was never attracted to girls only accepting her because of her friends' constant pressuring to date her. 

With coming out came confessing. Donghae confessed to Ryeowook in which the latter asked for time which Donghae gladly gave him. Finally both decided to date though Ryeowook still saw him more as his  best friend. On top of that the smaller wasn't sure if he was even gay or not. 

There was a time when everything got too awkward between them and Ryeowook even tried avoiding the taller guy. It was thanks to Sungmin who had enough of their behavior and suddenly snapped one day forcing both to talk to each other as the best friends they once were. He reminded them of their bond and how it had broken over time because of their ridiculous awkwardness. He wasn't blaming Donghae it was Ryeowook who he blamed making him realize he did wrong accepting Donghae when all he felt was friendship and nothing more. Sungmin took it upon himself to break those two up that day, that night, during that talk. 

Donghae was more relieved than heartbroken because he missed his friend and didn't mind moving on as long as he still had both by his side. Ryeowook on the other hand felt guilty and constantly apologized to Donghae telling him it wasn't his intention to give him hope and then break his heart. He thought if he gave Donghae a chance he would develop feelings for him overtime but it never happened. Ryeowook honestly spoke about never having romantic feelings towards anyone. He wasn't sure if he liked girls or guys or even both. That was the day those three became even closer than ever. 

It was different when he came out to his family mainly because Henry had come out a year before and they harbored the thought of Donghae being the one to give them their biological grandchildren. They constantly asked themselves where along the way they went wrong with both their sons being gay (more their father) even so the only fair thing to do was support him just like they did towards Henry since it wouldn't be fair if they didn't support Donghae. Though their father took time and still till this day has a hard time believing both his sons root for the other team but despite that he still loves them and supports both though that doesn't mean he will stop playing matchmaker (he would present them beautiful girls their age in an attempt to turn them again) needles to say it never worked. 

Donghae broke the hug and smiled at his friend "If you suddenly developed feelings for me let me tell you you're too late Wookie." He laughed as Ryeowook playfully hit his arm. 

"Shut up Hae-Hae." Shaking his head he poked Donghae's cheeks then went over to help Sungmin with the desserts leaving Donghae to wait- attend the incoming clients. 


-------

"I can't believe you did that." Kyuhyun said while fixing his hair in the living room's mirror. 

"Moreover I can't believe the president accepted." Yesung slapped Kyuhyun's head making the other hit his forehead on the mirror and growl in frustration seeing he had to fix his hair all over again. Both Yesung and Eunhyuk laughed. 

"I know I expected a turn down but I'm really glad he accepted though Kangin said I still have to attend my schedules which is fine since I love singing on stage more than anything" He gave them his gummy smile. 

"I suddenly feel jealous. I've never felt this way before. I need to check this feeling over where's the dictionary?" Kyuhyun dramatically searched the bookshelves. 

"Calm down use your phone's dictionary drama queen. But I have to agree with him I kinda feel jealous too." Yesung thought for a moment "What if we do the same? You think president would accept?" He turned towards Kyuhyun who was now busy typing something on his phone. 

"Dunno I mean we are half way done with our concerts and Hyuk here is barely going to begin," He looked up from his phone "I guess we can try." 

Eunhyuk raised an eyebrow in question and was about to speak when Yesung read through him. 

"He's been texting his girlfriend nonstop. I think she's annoyed by now." Yesung smirked when a pillow was thrown at him which he easily caught. 

"Yah! I told you she's not my girlfriend." The maknae shouted "At least not yet." 

"Yoona, Tiffany, Seoyoung, Minzy, and Park Jiyeon now who is the unlucky one?" Eunhyuk asked ignoring the glare the younger was throwing him. 

"Actually Jiyeon was my ex." Yesung corrected. 

"Oh right that girl on that one girl group." Eunhyuk said remembering. 

"Yes I've only had two exes. The other being your cousin Shin Hye-"

"Before she dumped your for Yonghwa." Kyuhyun snickered earning a glare from the blond. 

"I broke up with her." He corrected again. "Can you believe he's going to break Victoria's heart this time?" 

Eunhyuk gasped "How dare you! Stop texting her! I told you Fx is out of your list! You know she's a really good girl they're our closest dongsaengs plus my sister is in that group." 

"Chill damn. It's not like we're going out. I know we are close to them I wouldn't hurt Vic we just have a collab together that's all." Kyuhyun defended putting down his phone as a surrender mode. 

No one really knows who goes out with who in this business and artists know it's better kept that way. 

Kyuhyun was a closet player. He has dated a few singers along with models and actresses though he never really loved any of them. He was still trying to find the one that would give him that special feeling and though he denies it, his roommates knew he only dated those girls to see if any would be the one to make him fall in love with them. They ended up being one ex after another when the maknae would call it quits after only a few weeks into the relationship if not a few days due to some of their spoiled over-the-top diva personalities. 

Yesung was different, he never really wanted to fall in love his real love was his music even when dating Jiyeon he knew it wasn't love because he felt nothing but care for her sometimes even feeling as the big brother rather than her boyfriend so he left her but when he did "fall in love" it was with a beautiful actress. At first he was just a fan boy but then he asked her out on a few dates and both immediately clicked. After a few months of courting her she finally said yes and they went out also making it public. Though they were more deemed as a power couple and it took its toll when his fans wouldn't accept her. He called it quits to protect her only to find out a few months later while she was filming a drama she and her costar really did fall in love with each other and began to date secretly. He didn't know whether to feel heartbroken or not. It didn't really honestly hurt to break up with her either and with Kyuhyun's help (more like a wake up call to realization with a few slaps here and there which the maknae obviously enjoyed far too much) he realized he was never in love. Yesung was still new to feelings moreover to love. 

Eunhyuk was a completely different case. The only girlfriend he ever had was Taeyeon and it wasn't a real situation either. He was just "pretending" to be her boyfriend because she was dating a trainee and it didn't even last a day because she was caught "cheating" the same moment Eunhyuk had requested a press conference to state that he never really dated her and instead revealed her real partner which earned Taeyeon's hatred towards the redhead. He didn't like lying to his fans either which prompted him to confess besides Taeyeon only using him for her own image. And how did Taeyeon get him to be her boyfriend? She never did she just acted on her own and "accidentally" spilled the beans during a morning interview in which a few hours later Eunhyuk revealed to be lies through the press conference. 

Eunhyuk was the least to have time for dating. Sure he had a few fan girls in the industry who constantly asked him out but he wasn't interested in any of them. 

"Of course, anyways aren't you excited?" Kyuhyun who was now munching on some chips asked "You're going to live a normal life from now on. Well almost." 

Yesung snatched the bag away eating some and offering to Eunhyuk who took some before speaking. "I am it's just I'm also nervous what if they find out?" 

"I'm sure they won't." Yesung assured and went off to the kitchen coming out moments later with three water bottles. Kyuhyun frowned upon seeing the drinks. 

"Water? It's wine time Yesung we are celebrating right?" He went over to the small wine cellar and took out a bottle along with three tall round glass cups. 

"You're always looking for excuses to drink wine." Eunhyuk rolled his eyes as the maknae handed them their wine. 

---------

Donghae groaned as he heard an alarm go off. He could already hear his little Mochi's alarm blasting through the house. It was one of Eunhyuk's songs. He covered his ears hoping his brother would turn it off but he knew better than that. Not even his favorite idol could wake the boy up. He got up and walked over to the room across from his and turned the alarm off along with waking his little brother up. His little Mochi was a senior at his high school and Donghae knew this year was the busiest for Henry, which also meant he couldn't let him rest more because he knew Henry was a huge procrastinator and he wouldn't be surprised if he hadn't done his homework over the weekend. 

"Henry," He shook the boy lightly "Henry you Mochi wake up." He wondered every morning why his Mochi even bothered setting an alarm when it obviously failed to wake him up.  

"Five more hours." He spoke slowly making Donghae laugh at such exaggeration. 

"Mochi hurry I think Eunhyuk is dating Yoona!" Quickly Henry sat up and blinked a few times before turning to Donghae. 

"Omo! Don't joke like that hyung!" He said playfully hitting his brother's arm who just laughed and told him to get ready. 

It was in the bathroom that he suddenly realized he had small bags under his eyes only visible up close. He sighed remembering he couldn't sleep last night. Brushing his teeth he made a mental note to forget about Hyukjae, a permanent mental note at that. 

Breakfast was normal as usual and Mochi's constant blabbing about his idols and ultimate bias: Eunhyuk had to pop up through the conversations. 

After a while both boys got into Donghae's dark blue Murano driving off to school, the oldest dropped him off at his old high school now only Henry's before driving over to his college. After parking his car he went over to Sungmin's light gray Prius which arrived a few moments later. He knew Ryeowook was there as well since the smaller boy refused to drive. Back in their high school days the three boys decided to teach themselves how to drive. Both Sungmin and Donghae were successful while Ryeowook with a crash had enough and swore to never drive again. On his defense it wasn't just any crash, he almost lost his life in it. So while the other boys got their license, Ryeowook got a chauffeur by the name of Lee Sungmin. 

"Hey guys!" Donghae went over to the other two and all three made their way towards their lockers.  

"I heard from Shindong who heard  from Nari who heard from Sunny who heard from Chen who heard from Siwon that there will be a new student today." Sungmin said it all in one breath as he took the stuff he would need for his first period from his locker while the others did the same. 

"That's great." Donghae said closing his locker softly while Sungmin slammed his. The three friends made their way through campus. It was a huge pretty campus with grass, benches and tables all over.  

"Well this is were we part." Ryeowook started "I'll see you during next periods." He shouted as he made his way towards the culinary arts department. 

"Well I'll see you at lunch!" Sungmin patted Donghae's shoulder then headed towards the fashion department. 

Donghae sighed heading towards the business department. It wasn't that he hated his major but he wasn't fond of it either. He just wished there would be something he was passionate about. Now on his second year he didn't know what he wanted not that it mattered anyways since his father's coffee company was going to be bestowed upon him anyways. There was one thing he used to be passionate about but couldn't major in and that was soccer. But that's another story. 

Making his way towards the business department and finally to his classroom he took a seat and plopped himself resting his head on his arms which were propped on his desk. He was trying not to doze off but his lack of sleep wasn't letting him. Until he heard his professor walk in right before bell rang. He mentally scolded himself for not bringing his usual cup of coffee. 

Without looking up he heard his classmates shuffle to their seats and heard the teacher begin his lecture. Suddenly there was a knock on the door which the teacher allowed in. He heard some whispers and the teacher immediately clapped his hands to silence the whispers and get the attention of all of his students. 

"Very well class listen up we have a new student please welcome him." All students turned to face him. 

"Hi my name is Lee Hyukjae. Nice to meet you all." He bowed. He was super nervous but did well in hiding it. 

Donghae snapped up to look at the person. There he was in all his glory. His crush. Sporting new hair; simple black spiked up making his pale face visible and his round frame glasses still intact. He massaged his neck which hurt due to his rapid movement. Before Hyukjae's eyes landed on him he turned back to his sleeping form. He didn't know why he was hiding maybe it was the goofy grin he had on knowing he'd be seeing the tall thin male more often. 

"Please take a seat." The teacher advised and he did at the back in the middle of a seeming sleeping guy and a girl who kept ogling him. 

Donghae wanted nothing more than to turn to see him and talk to him again and show everyone that the handsome male they had been checking out was his boyfriend- friend. He stared at him secretly occasionally glancing at him with his bangs covering his eyes so no one would notice. He wasn't even paying attention and to his surprise class was almost over. 

"Alright let's wrap it up can someone please be nice enough to show mister Hyukjae around to all his classes?" Before Donghae could raise his hand another guy had already beaten him to it. He glared at the guy as the guy smiled at the newbie. 

"Wonderful," The professor began "I'll see you all tomorrow" And with that he left the room along with the other students who heard the bell. 

--------

"Hey Siwon?" Hyukjae started while walking towards his locker. 

"Yeah?" Siwon stopped and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion he didn't remember ever telling this guy his name. He arched an eyebrow and was about to question him but Hyukjae was faster. 

"It's enough I have you as a tutor now you have to be my tourist too?" He laughed. 

Siwon's eyes widened quite comically actually as he stared at the cute guy next to him. "What? Wait Eunhy-" Said boy covered his mouth.

"Shh you can't say it!" He whispered. 

"Sorry I really had no idea it was you." He defended himself. 

"What? I thought that was why you volunteered yourself to show me around." He said while opening his given locker. 

"Actually no." He said scratching the back of his head in embarrassment and blushed a bit. 

"Really? Oh wow I shouldn't have said anything then." He set all his books inside and grabbed the needed ones for his next class. 

"No it's fine. You look better this way." He said laughing awkwardly. 

"Okay was that a confession?" Hyukjae arched an eyebrow then chuckled as the boy next to him shook his head and hands frantically. 

"Of course not." He scoffed and they both laughed. 

"Pabo! I've had enough just watching back there!" Suddenly a pretty dark haired girl jumped out in front of them startling both. 

"You are?" Hyukjae squinted his eyes when he got closer to her. "You look familiar." He gasped. "Omo! Are you related to or perhaps are you Kim Hee-"

"NIM! That's right it's Heenim." The girl crossed her arms before punching Hyukjae on the arm hard. 

"Ouch what was that for?" He asked rubbing his arm. 

Heenim just mimicked him "You can't just give your cover right away like that! I heard everything and let me tell you you at keeping your act I can already tell. If you keep it up you won't last here before you're found out. Hyukjae couldn't help but wonder where he went wrong. 

Heenim rolled her eyes "You basically told Siwon who you were and he didn't even know at all!" 

"Heech- I mean Heenim does this mean Siwon knows about you too?" He looked at the taller boy who just nodded. 

Heenim scoffed "I had to tell him not cause I wanted to though." Siwon just rolled his eyes "It's not my fault I saw you walking out of the guy's bathroom that day. 

"Shut up." Heenim blushed embarrassed "It was after school and really late I tell you." 

"Did you forget I'm the student president? I'm bound to leave school late sometimes." Siwon defended. 

"But I thought you were on hiatus and left to live with your parents temporarily." Hyukjae asked. 

"Nope I've been here a year now." Heenim proceeded to explain her story to the still shocked boy in front of her. 

-----------

Donghae kept staring at the newbie with that guy. How dare he just raise his long muscular arm and claim Hyukjae like that? Well he had to understand, seeing as the tall guy was the student president after all it was only normal and part of his job to tour the new student. 

A loud BANG was heard before Donghae felt the pain. 

"Ouch." He rubbed his forehead and nose still frowning at the two boys ahead chatting as if they knew each other. 

"Hey Donghae are you okay?" Sungmin asked his friend. 

"Yeah I'm fine sorry I didn't see you." He halfheartedly apologized not looking at his friend his eyes still glued to the two boys in front. 

"Me or my locker?" Sungmin laughed "Seriously how could you be so clumsy? This isn't the first time you walk around here." 

"Yeah sorry." He simply stated ignoring the throbbing pain on his nose. 

He had more important matters at hand. Like the two boys. 

They were laughing now! Did they perhaps know each other? And why is Siwon acting all nervous? 

Sungmin averted his gaze towards what kept Donghae's attention. 

"Newbie?" He asked 

"Yeah." 

"You like him?"

"Yeah."

"Love at first sight?" 

"Yeah." 

"Can I cheat off you for tomorrow's math test?" 

"Yeah. Wait what?" Donghae snapped out of his trance and looked at his friend. 

Sungmin laughed at his very obvious friend. "Oh now you snap out of it! Take a picture it'll last longer. Though it'd be worth it he does look fine even with those round glasses and his behind hmm." Donghae pouted cutely punching him playfully in response. 

"Who what now?" A third voice joined in. 

"Wookie!" Sungmin said hugging said boy. 

"Hey you two," he started but stopped once he saw Donghae's frown. "What's up with him?" He asked Sungmin.

"Oh he's in love" He said slamming his locker once again. 

"Who?" Ryeowook asked worried about his friend. 

"That guy over there." Sungmin pointed towards a guy talking to Siwon before checking if he put the right books inside his pink shoulder bag. 

"Donghae what about Hyukjae though?" Ryeowook asked worriedly turning his friend's face to look at him. He knew he was one to fall easily. He just didn't want him hurt. 

"Wookie," Donghae hugged Ryeowook and whispered "That's him." 

Ryeowook finally understood as he rubbed the back of Donghae soothingly. He was about to speak when all three turned towards the high pitch voice that belonged to none other than the school's personal snarky drama queen, Heenim. 

All three stared as the girl called Hyukjae pabo in disbelief. 

"Do they know each other?" Sungmin questioned. 

"I don't know the probably do." Ryeowook spoke up. It was silent again since Heenim resorted to whispering. 

"OMO what if that's Hyukjae's girlfriend?" Sungmin asked earning a slap to the head courtesy of Ryeowook. 

"Of course she's not Heenim is Hangeng's girlfriend remember?" He said more like reminding Donghae. 

The bell rang signaling the start of next period and all three made their way towards their classes. 


"So about cheating off you tomorrow.." Sungmin started earning a hand shoved at his face clutching his lips to prevent him from speaking further. 

"Don't even think about it." 

-------------

A/N: Sooo how was it? I'm currently writing the next chapter as well (;

Filler...? 

Also about Heechul I know the real meaning behind his nickname Heenim but for the sake of this story let's use it as his girl name neh??? -insert Hae's pouty puppy face here-

April Four is coming soon we ELFs know why that day is special right? Hopefully I'll do a double update in time! ^^

Comment~ Hope to read from you soon! Also subscribe if you haven't..?