Preparing + Jealousy

Falling in love

It had been a few days since the hug. Hyukjae parked his car and made his way towards the entrance (not before checking if a certain Murano was there already) sighing tiredly. He had rehearsals every day for his concert though he argued he really didn't need it since he had nailed everything he had to do a while ago but even so, it was mandatory. 

He snapped out of his thoughts when he felt warm arms wrapped around him making him smile when he smelled Donghae's fresh cologne. The latter looked at him and smiled as he handed him a styrofoam cup of coffee. 

"Here you go! You look like you really need it." He joked though Hyukjae knew it really was true since he was tired after all. He took it and blew on the small opening on the hot styrofoam cup. 

"I really do. Thanks fishy." Donghae smiled shyly looking ahead as they kept walking. "No problem." He replied still smiling as he took a sip from his own cup only to scald his tongue. 

Hyukjae chuckled at his scrunched up face "Careful, you don't want to burn that cute tongue." He teased earning a slap to his arm courtesy of the blushing brunette. 

"Yah! Hyukkie see what you make me do?" He began. Hyukjae only lifted his eyebrows in surprise "Oh, so now it was my fault?" He asked smirking. 

"Wipe that smirk off your face! It's always your fault." He pouted. Donghae bit his lip, he had been acting like a love-struck idiot around Hyukjae lately. 

Well who wouldn't when their crush was giving them hope? Better yet he knew he had a chance. 

Smiling to himself, he spotted Ryeowook stuffing his locker with books and he ran up to him leaving Hyukjae chuckling by himself. 

"Fishy!" Sungmin ran up to them jumping up and down. Hyukjae trotted over frowning at Sungmin who poked his frown down. 

"Yah! Only I can call him fishy!" Hyukjae bellowed slapping the bunny's hand away. Sungmin only laughed turning to Donghae who was hiding his blushing face inside his locker. "Omo! Coffee! Hae give me some!" He was about to grab his cup when suddenly Hyukjae grabbed it first making Donghae turn to face them. 

"Nope it's mine. I'm too tired and one is not enough." He smirked taking a sip from Donghae's cup making the brunette blush once again. 

"Y-yah! That was mine!" He exclaimed watching as Hyukjae kept drinking.

'Our second indirect kiss!' He thought. 

Hyukjae grimaced at the hotness which thankfully none of them caught. He handed Donghae his now empty cup back "Here you go. All yours." He smirked again. 

"Hyukjae that's not fair!" Donghae pouted as he stared at the other male's plump pink lips. Hyukjae hummed then laughed and offered the brunette his own cup. "You can drink from mine." He suggested. Donghae really didn't want them to see his blushing face so he stuffed it back inside his locker muttering a "No thanks." Mentally berating himself for his answer. Of course he wanted to drink from his cup that would mark their third indirect kiss! 

On the other hand Hyukjae arched an eyebrow wondering why he wouldn't drink from his. Was it because he had his lips on it? Hmm Donghae wasn't a germaphobe was he? 

"Fine then I guess Sungmin can drink from mine." Hyukjae teased making the blond bunny, who had been watching the scene along with Ryeowook, scrunch his nose. A devious smirk crept up on his lips as he thought of provoking his shy friend. 

"I'll gladly take a sip Hyukjae!" He almost laughed when Donghae finally turned around and took the cup away from Hyukjae's hand. "You took mine I'll take yours all is fair now." He said making his way to their first period leaving the three amused boys behind. 

Hyukjae stuck his tongue out blowing on it with his hand once Sungmin had bounced off to his first class. He watched as the remainder one shook his head "You scalded your tongue." He stated "That was the first time I ever saw someone drink a boiling cup of coffee that fast." He closed his locker and Donghae's who had left it open when he fled. 

Hyukjae only smiled as he walked to his own locker. "Yeah well I needed the caffeine." He said as Ryeowook walked over to him. 

"That or you needed to prove something." The smaller male smiled as he leaned against a locker crossing his arms over his chest. 

"Prove what?" He asked taking out what he didn't need and stuffing his brown satchel with his first period books. 

Ryeowook grinned waiting a bit to answer as Hyukjae closed his bag. "That Donghae is yours." He finally said it. 

Hyukjae closed his locker and turned to look at him in disbelief. Does Ryeowook know about his crush on Donghae? Was he that obvious? 

Ryeowook smiled in satisfaction as he walked to his first period leaving a speechless dark haired male behind. 

During the next four periods he couldn't concentrate he kept on glancing at the brunette from time to time whenever he had him on his period that is. Finally the much awaited lunch time came and all seven sat at their usual table. 

"So tomorrow what time do we meet?" Heenim asked as she fed Hangeng some of her fruit salad arguing that it was healthy and therefor everyone should get some too. 

"As early as six!" Sungmin gleefully responded earning a few groans. 

"I'm not waking up that early." The girl warned. It was the weekend after all and everyone knew she would sleep in during it. "I need my beauty rest I-"

Before she started on her speech of her much needed beauty rest, Sungmin cut her off knowing the rest were mentally thanking him. "Alright fine how about ten?" He asked. 

"I'll make sure she's awake by then." Hangeng spoke before he took another sliced apple into his mouth courtesy of his girlfriend who was now frowning at him. "Make it twelve." She demanded. 

"Nope! We're having breakfast together," Everyone looked at Sungmin "What? I'm serious! Come with your stomachs empty. Plus we need to be at the mall by twelve then at the concert by four and while we wait in line then take our seats then-" He heard a few groans when he mentioned the mall part. 

"Shopping!" Heenim shouted excitedly high-fiving Sungmin "I know right! We haven't done this in a while." He grinned at her. 

"Alright I'm fully in now." She said taking the kimchi Hangeng had offered her in . He always did that, give her half his food to make sure she was eating right. She would argue it was her fast metabolism dammit! 

"You weren't fully in?" Ryeowook asked cleaning his mouth with a napkin. 

"Nope. I was planning on sneaking out at one point with Hannie until the concert." She admitted taking yet another food offering from Hangeng. 

"I can't believe you would ditch us." Siwon wiped an invisible tear from the corner of his right eye with Sungmin joining in on his over dramatic act. 

"Break our hearts, throw us to the wolves, and shatter our bodies into pieces will you?" He added dramatically. 

"Sungmin, the wolves would eat you so there wouldn't be a part of your body left for her to shatter." Donghae said making the others laugh. "Oh shut up!" The blond boy rolled his eyes. 

"Okay then, it's settled. We'll meet at ten but where?" Heenim asked as she slapped Hangeng's hand away when he tried to make the eighth food offering. 

"I'll pick you all up." Sungmin ginned making them all groan. They knew he was only doing that so no one would run away. 

Hyukjae who had been silently texting, looked up from his phone when he heard the protests. 

"Is that your girlfriend you're texting?" Heenim asked looking over at Donghae and smirking when she saw his pained expression. She really needed to plan something to get those two together. They were so obvious. 

"Nope, I don't have one." He said without looking up. He was currently texting his manager about the final last-minute details of the concert. 

"It's, uh, my parents!" He lied eyeing Siwon and Heenim. 

"Tell uncle and auntie I say hi!" Heenim grinned teasingly earning a glare from him before he returned to his phone once again. 

"Well now that all is settled, I expect you all to be ready by the time I get there because my patience is thin." Sungmin spoke after taking a sip of his lemonade. The bell rang and soon everyone left to their next class. 

After school was over, everyone split up to go their own ways. 

"Well," Heenim grabbed Ryeowook by the arm lacing them together and looking at the rest "Wookie and I have something planned so we'll see you tomorrow." She waved at them as she dragged the brunette along and into Siwon's car. 

"That's weird." Hangeng raised an eyebrow as he stared at the car leaving the parking lot. She hadn't even given him his goodbye kiss which he was longing. He sighed and slightly widened his eyes when he realized what he had to do. "I better get going. Bye guys and see you tomorrow. Take care." He waved smiling at the similar greetings from his friends and got on his car driving off. 

"I guess I better get going to the cafe." Sungmin said twirling his keychain on his index finger to then pick out his car key "You coming?" He asked both males who were just standing there awkwardly. 

"Oh, right, I have to pick up Henry." Donghae said going over to his car. 

"Sorry I can't go today I have to prepare for tomorrow." Hyukjae said not really lying and got into his car turning on the engine and driving off. 

Donghae wondered why he had been so busy lately but didn't question him either. He saw Sungmin getting in his own car and he too drove off only towards Henry's high school first. 

Eunhyuk stepped inside the company and greeted the trainees who smiled widely at him in admiration. He made his way to one of the many practice rooms and trained until night time. 

He was so lost in his music and choreography that he didn't notice someone had come inside the room. "At least bring some water along will you?" He snapped out of his world and looked to his left where Kyuhyun was offering a bottle. He took the water bottle and immediately drank half of it. 

"You might die of dehydration, now get yourself a girlfriend so she will take care of you or better yet that cute brown haired guy." He teased and rubbed his arm when the redhead punched him. 

"Yah!" He yelled in embarrassment as his cheeks turned red. Thankfully, before Kyuhyun could even more, they heard a familiar voice yelling through the corridors.

"Kyuhyun you twerp! You know how much trouble I had to go through because of you?" Yesung barged in the room scolding the maknae who was smirking at him. "Didn't you like my surprise?" He asked faking a gasp. 

"I loved it!" He started sarcastically. "Specially the part where my fans started chasing me and almost got away with it if it wasn't for this really nice guy who helped me out." He rolled his eyes. 

Kyuhyun started laughing "That's for Taiwan, when you blew up my cover." 

"Accidentally! I mean who buys that much wine anyways?" He scoffed. 

Eunhyuk knew not to question them. It had been a while (almost a month) since Kyuhyun had done something evil to him and he'd rather keep it that way. 

"Ready for tomorrow?" Yesung asked ignoring Kyuhyun's rant and laughter. "I am. I can't wait actually." 

"Hmm I wonder if it's because someone special will be there watching you." Kyuhyun wiggled his eyebrows at the blushing redhead. 

"For now though, we should get some rest." Yesung smiled offering a hand to Hyukjae who gladly took it to get up. "Yeah I really need that." He said grabbing his bag and heading out. 

As all three greeted and talked to other artists and trainees, Kangin spotted him and walked towards them. 

"Tomorrow is the concert so make sure you're here by six. Afterwards we drive you to the big stage for rehearsal before the event begins." Hyukjae nodded as Kangin pat his shoulder. "Get some rest you'll need the extra hours." He said before leaving. 

They continued greeting others when suddenly a group of girls that Hyukjae recognized as the recently formed but yet to debut new girl group holding up a banner that read "Eunhyuk oppa, Hwaiting! F(x) here supporting you!" 

The redhead smiled gummyly and went over to hug each one. 

"Thank you!" He said happily. He snapped a photo of the girls holding the banner and posted it on his Instagram. After a few more pictures of all eight, they bid goodbye promising to eat lunch together some day. 

Remembering something, Hyukjae quickly called out to his sister. 

"Park Sun Young!" Said girl turned around after giggling at what Krystal had said. 

"Aish! It's Luna oppa!" She chided. 

"Whatever. Look I've heard about the rumors going on about you and Onew. Remember you're still a trainee-"

"We're debuting soon oppa!" She whined. 

"That's the problem Luna! You're barely going to debut that's why it's even more important to watch out. You're barely starting out. Just promise me you'll be careful?" Hyukjae said pulling his sister into a hug. 

"I will oppa. I promise." Luna sighed and pulled apart. "Go rest okay? The girls and I are headed back as well." 

Hyukjae nodded and kissed her head. "Night sis." 

"Night oppa!" She hurriedly left after the rest. 

"Such touching moment." Kyuhyun patted his shoulder. 

Hyukjae smacked his hand and all three headed out. Once they got to the apartment, Hyukjae didn't even make it inside when he suddenly collapsed on the floor. 

Yesung and Kyuhyun both carried him to his room and Yesung, being paranoid, called the doctor who told them it was nothing but sleep deprivation. 

In the morning Hyukjae heard his alarm go off and with a groan he smacked it turning it off. He prepared himself for today though he wore casual clothes since the main outfits were going to be at his dressing room. He drove off to the company where he was given last minute instructions noting them all mentally he sighed when he got on the van that would take him to the concert arena. 

He wasn't surprised to see some of his fans already there. Some of them would even camp out! He felt bad for that and was determined to always make it worth it for them. 

The van was surrounded by his fans and reporters with security pushing them away. Hyukjae really wanted to come out and sign whatever they had on hands and hug them appreciatively. When he walked inside he found himself stopping by the sides a few times to give autographs and take pictures with his fans. He was always disappointed he couldn't do the same to all of them and bowed at them before he entered backstage. 

He made his way to his dressing room where he took a seat on one of the couches waiting for the noonas to tell him what outfit was for what occasion. 

"Would you like me to bring you something to drink sir?" He heard an unfamiliar voice speak up. 

"Yes thank you so much! I really need coffee right now." He pleaded and hopefully the person wouldn't tell his manager or else he'd get scolded for ordering such drink on such day. 

"Anything else you would like?" He asked. "Perhaps a massage or a manicure as well? How about I do your make up and make you look pretty madam?" The voice slowly adjusted to a familiar one. 

Turning around he was met with his personal stylist. 

"Zhou Mi!" He shouted happily hugging the taller man tightly. "I haven't seen you in ages!" 

The man laughed. "If by ages you mean two months then yes it's been soo long." Hyukjae simply smiled at one of his other very best friends. 

"I'm sorry I haven't contacted you ever since you ditched me for KY. I felt like you preferred them over me." He joked faking to be hurt. 

"Nonsense! I love you all three the same. Though those two drive me nuts! I don't know how you manage to live with them. Every time, every place, every concert, every backstage was the same. Those two bickering, strangling each other and playing pranks here and there. I'm so glad there won't be any KY tour anytime soon." He sighed tiredly making Hyukjae laugh. 

"Yeah they don't mean to harm each other that's just their way of showing their love for the other." He explained with a fond smile. 

"Yeah well what a weird way. Anyways I heard about your little secret and you have to tell me everything ASAP!" He said going over the outfits he would wear. 

"About that. Do you have your car?" He asked Zhou Mi who looked confused. "I do. Why?" He narrowed his eyes at Hyukjae who looked at the clock. 

"Can I perhaps borrow it?" He asked with a pleading look. 

"Don't tell me you're- oh no. No no no you have a concert to attend and I will get in so much trouble." 

"Please?" He said stretching the word out "I promise I'll come back by two. It's enough time to still practice right?" 

"Well I guess so." He sighed pulling his keys out of his bag. "By two." He gave him a stern look. 

"Thank you!!!" Hyukjae hugged the man before running off. 

"Wait! Don't forget to tell Kangin first!" He shouted loud enough for the running boy to hear. 

After he had convinced Kangin he texted Donghae about their whereabouts and upon receiving the much awaited text, he made his way towards the breakfast restaurant. 

He parked his car and made his way inside the place. He looked around and spotted his friends at a table near the far left. He ordered first before making his way to their table. 

"And then I got him to cover. Poor guy looked really tired." He heard Ryeowook talking. 

"And that's when you woke up." Siwon joked making the smaller brunette pout. 

Donghae sensing his arrival, beamed "Hyukkie you're here!" He smiled motioning him to the seat next to his. 

"I thought you weren't going to come. I'm glad you're here," Sungmin smirked looking at the happy fish "Donghae here has suddenly brightened up. I wonder why." 

"Yah!" Donghae flushed "It's just cuz I'm uh- hungry! Thanks to you we arrived without having breakfast first." He mumbled. 

Minutes later their breakfast arrived as Hyukjae was pinching Donghae's blushing cute cheeks. 

"So does this mean you're joining us to the concert?" Ryeowook asked as he cut his waffles neatly. 

Hyukjae shook his head looking up at him from his plate. "Nope I still can't. I have to leave by two or so." He said as they all nodded understandingly. 

Donghae leaned closer to him covering his mouth as he whispered in his ear "You should've saved yourself from going to the mall. Those two really exaggerate." 

"We heard that!" Both Sungmin and Heenim accused. 

"Try whispering next time hyung." Henry suggested as they all laughed. 

"I did whisper!" Donghae protested. 

"Hyung, you honestly don't know how to whisper." Henry continued while chewing on his waffle which was stabbed on the fork. 

"Yah! Don't eat with your mouth full!" Donghae scolded. Hyukjae thought it was cute seeing this side of Donghae; being the big brother he is. He looked really mature and responsible-

"Yah, Mochi, one for me?" The fish pouted as he begged his little brother for a waffle in exchange of a scrambled egg of his. 

Scratch whatever Hyukjae thought. He was still immature but cute nonetheless. 

He poked Donghae's puffed up cheeks making the air pop out. Donghae turned to look at him and saw him putting one of his waffles on his plate. 

"Omo! Thanks Hyukkie! You're the best!" He said side hugging Hyukjae tightly before beginning to eat the huge waffle in front of him. 

"You're welcome fishy." Hyukjae smiled before going back to his breakfast. 

"Just kiss already." Heenim snorted when both boys looked at her as they blushed. 

Donghae bit his lip trying to distract himself with something else before he embarrassed himself. He looked up at Hyukjae's head and noticed he had that huge beanie again. He wanted to see his soft silky black hair. He extended his hand upwards towards the top of the beanie attempting to take it off but Hyukjae moved just in time. 

He saw Donghae's confused expression "Bedhead." He simply explained. Donghae nodded understanding those hair days that drove him crazy sometimes. 

Once they finished breakfast they headed towards the parking lot. Hyukjae pulled Donghae away gently. "I'm taking this fish with me." He announced and they made their way towards the borrowed car before the others could question him. 

Donghae smiled to himself as he got inside the car. Hyukjae the engine and followed after Sungmin's van. 

"How many cars do you have?" Donghae asked trying to cut the silence. 

Hyukjae laughed before responding. "Actually, I had to borrow this car." He tapped his fingers on the steering wheel as they waited for the red light to turn green. He was nervous. Donghae always made him nervous. He always had this urge to do things right with Donghae or around the younger. 

Donghae stared at his fingers and felt like grabbing those fingers in order to make them stop. He was starting to think Hyukjae was nervous. Was it because of him? 

"Well I hope it's not in the pound." He joked trying to relieve his nervousness. Hyukjae shook his head as he laughed. "Of course not. I just forgot to refuel it nothing major so don't worry." 

Donghae nodded understandingly. 

He couldn't help it when his hands grabbed his tapping ones. Hyukjae looked at him and smiled as the younger warmed up his cold hands with both his warm ones. Donghae started tracing his fingers and played with them as Hyukjae accelerated. 

He let go so the other male could drive but Hyukjae grabbed his hands his excuse being "Your hands are really warm." Donghae smiled. "I'll keep yours warm if you let me." 

Hyukjae nodded as he smiled gummyly and glanced over at him before turning back to look at the road. 

A few turns and stops later they got to their destination. Parking the car they got off and headed towards the others who were barely getting off. 

"So you two had fun riding alone?" Heenim teased watching the two shy boys. 

"It's not what you think." Hyukjae started dismissing the girl next to him. 

Donghae went over to Ryeowook and hugged him by the arm. Hyukjae had to admit he felt jealous. He wanted the fish to do that with him only and he knew Donghae was a skinship lover but still he was there too! Did that hug and holding hands right now meant nothing to him? 

He felt a tap on his shoulder. "I see that frown." Heenim said next to him. 

"I don't know what you're talking about." Hyukjae said still staring at both, frown coming back when Donghae leaned his head on Ryeowook's shoulder. 

"I'll help you. Take advantage of this glorious opportunity I'm giving you and make it worth it." She smirked and went off towards Ryeowook pulling him aside and wrapping her arm around his leaning her head on his shoulder and whispering something to him. 

Hangeng looked at his girl in confusion. She had been spending too much time with Ryeowook lately but he knew he shouldn't doubt her. Nor Ryeowook, and it wasn't that he couldn't be a potential rival but the boy didn't seem interested in finding a partner. Neither did he show interest in girls or boys at that. 

Hyukjae went over to Donghae who had his hands shoved inside his pockets "Hi you." He spoke making Donghae turn to look at him. 

"Hi Hyukkie." He said as the boy next to him smiled. Hyukjae blew on his hands trying to get them warm or rather hinting it. 

"Here." Donghae said grabbing his hands and securing them in his as he blew on them. Hyukjae looked at him, his nose slightly red. They were in the middle of winter after all. 

He pinched his nose gently in an attempt to warm it up. Donghae scrunched his nose and Hyukjae laughed. Both smiled at each other. 

The next action had Donghae frozen. Hyukjae kissed his nose, his lips lingering there for a moment. He felt his face turn hot, his heart speed up and his eyes widened looking at Hyukjae. The latter loving the warmth only Donghae seemed to provide him. 

They pulled apart when they heard the wolf whistles. 

"Aww you two look so cute together!" Heenim perked up with her phone on hand making it obvious she either videotaped it or took a picture. Siwon rolled his eyes at the hyper girl while Sungmin too had his phone out, camera pointed towards them. Ryeowook was smiling at Donghae as if he knew something no else knew. 

"So are you two going out?" Hangeng asked taking his girlfriend by the hand. 

"What? Uh, no." Donghae answered immediately running towards Ryeowook and hiding his red face. Hyukjae stood there for a moment before snapping out of his daze once he realized what the question was. 

"Not yet." He muttered under his breath following the rest into the mall. 

Both Heenim and Sungmin walked into the store and motioned the rest in. They started grabbing clothes after clothes and Heenim pulled Hangeng with her to show him her outfits after she'd try them on. 

"Poor Hangeng." Ryeowook said and Donghae chuckled. 

Hyukjae went over to the men section and started browsing through the clothes when a pretty lady came up to him. 

"Hi. May I help you with anything sir?" She asked smiling sweetly at him. 

"Oh, no, not right now I'm just looking around." He smiled at her which was a mistake since she misunderstood. 

Donghae was just looking through the shoes along with Ryeowook since Siwon had gone to the suit section while Henry went to hang out with his friends after promising to meet them at three at the main entrance. 

"Look over there!" Ryeowook pointed. "Someone is trying to flirt with your boyfriend." He smirked a little when he saw Donghae turn to look at Hyukjae with a girl smiling and laughing at whatever he was saying. 

Hyukjae couldn't understand why she was even laughing. All he said was he doesn't like looking too elegant so her choice of clothe wouldn't work. She giggled as she slapped his arm lightly. 

Was this her way of flirting? He was more than ready to report her to the manager if she tried anything funny but for now he just brushed her hand off and turned to look through the jacket section. When she brought him something else he was about to speak until he felt an arm snake into his. 

"Honey I want to eat! I'm hungry." Donghae whined pulling at his shirt. He turned to the shocked girl in front of them. "Oh hi." He smiled at her.

Hyukjae couldn't help but chuckle "Alright baby let's go eat." He kissed his cheek loving the way Donghae flushed. He walked them out of the store smirking at Donghae's state. 

"Jealous much?" He asked once they were outside. 

"I was not jealous! I was just doing you a favor that's all." He justified his actions as he let go of the older's arm. 

"Of course you were." Hyukjae smiled fondly. 

"I'm being serious!" Donghae pouted before going over to an ice cream shop. 

"Of course you are." Hyukjae laughed trailing after him. 

Donghae paused "Hyukjae!" He whined hitting his arm making the other boy laugh again. The brunette opened the door only to close it in the other boy's face. 

"Yah! That hurt!" He complained as he walked inside the shop. Donghae ignored him and walked over to the counter. 

"I'll get a cone. One scoop cookies and cream the other vanilla cheesecake with chocolate syrup, rainbow sprinkles and almonds on top please." He grinned at the cashier. 

"I'll get a cone. Both strawberry scoops please." Hyukjae ordered. 

"Wow Hyukkie that's boring." Donghae laughed. 

"Well yours is too sugary." Hyukjae countered, smiling as he took out his wallet and paid the awaiting cashier. 

"Yah! You didn't have to pay for me." Donghae shyly stated taking his cone from the lady. 

"Too bad because I wanted too." Hyukjae said when another lady handed him his cone. 

"Thank you." They both sat down at an empty table outside the ice cream shop. "Don't mention it fishy." He said poking his cheeks. 

They both are their ice cream in silence until Hyukjae dipped his fingers into the brunette's chocolate syrup proceeding to his fingers clean. "Yum. It does taste good." He said. 

Donghae stared wide eyed as he watched Hyukjae his fingers. He never had wild fantasies and he didn't want to have them. At least not now. He bit into his ice cream to cool off taking a huge amount inside his mouth. His eyes widened when he realized what his head was feeling. 

Hyukjae watched amusedly as Donghae bit into his ice cream. He was going to stop him but it was too late. 

"BRAIN FREEZE!!!" Donghae wailed clutching his head in his hands bending down to rest his elbows on his lap. 

Hyukjae chuckled at his cute behavior and removed his hands from his head turning him to look at him. He massaged his temples and kissed his head making the brunette heat up again. 

"Hae you should really pay attention." He smiled still holding his head in his hands. Donghae looked up to meet his eyes and realized something. "Hyukkie your ice cream!" Both looked at the floor Donghae sadly staring at the forgotten strawberry cone splashed upside down on the concrete floor. 

"Oh. I forgot. I don't even know when I dropped it." He confessed scratching the back of his head smiling nervously at the brunette. 

Donghae looked at his lap where he had placed his wrapped up cone. "If it makes you feel better I'll have some of yours." Donghae brightened up at those words and brought his cone close to Hyukjae's face. The latter chuckled before taking a small bite. 

Donghae grinned to himself. 'Was that another indirect kiss?' He wondered. Hyukjae continued to eat from his ice cream until he remembered what he was going to do in a few hours. He pushed the cone back to Donghae who's smile faltered a little. 

"It's yours. Eat the rest fishy." He coaxed giving him his gummy smile though it immediately faltered. He knew his gummy smile would be recognized quicker than his appearance. 

Donghae liked the smile the other male had given him. It was different yet so familiar. He obeyed and finished his cone quickly. 

"Alright I think it's time to join the others. You think they're still at the first store?" Hyukjae asked checking the time on his phone before turning to the brunette. 

"Knowing Sungmin and Heenim I'm sure they moved on already." He texted Ryeowook and lead the way as soon as the other replied. 

"Yah! Where were you two?" Heenim interrogated once they had caught up to them. 

"Wow. Are those only your bags Heenim?" Hyukjae asked eyeing the bags Hangeng was carrying. 

"Sadly yes. Unfortunately Donghae wasn't joking when he said they exaggerate." Siwon sighed earning two pairs of glares. 

"For your information, I haven't even bought that much at all." Sungmin defended himself. 

"Yeah eleven bags aren't much after all." Ryeowook scoffed. 

"You can all complain once we're done." Heenim argued dragging poor Hangeng along. 

"What? I thought she was done." Hyukjae raised his eyebrows in surprise. 

"Hyukjae I don't know why you seem so surprised. Might I remind you you're also a shopaholic? Probably even worse than her." Siwon smirked at his gaping form. 

"Seriously Hyukkie?" Donghae asked shocked to know something he didn't expect. 

"Well- kind of. But not as much as her. No one beats Heenim when it comes to these types of things." He said and the rest nodded at that. Heck not even Zhou Mi could beat her. 

If there was an award for it, she would be crowned first place. 

They all followed the couple inside a new store and sat next to Hangeng who was lying on the bare-back waiting couches in front of the fitting rooms. Hyukjae and Donghae also laid down as Sungmin dragged Ryeowook to another part of the store with Siwon trailing behind. They started talking until they heard a door opening and closing in front followed by Heenim's voice. 

"This is cute! How do I look?" They all got up and mouth agape stared at the girl. She came out wearing a simple white t-shirt tucked under a pink floral waist skirt that reached mid thighs along with pink flats. "It's too simple right? But it's cute and judging by your reactions I'll take it!" She went back in without waiting for a reply. 

She later came out again this time wearing a white collared tucked in shirt under a light gray cardigan, a black waist skirt with a thin brown belt and black ankle boots. "This screams office but I can pull it off." She said confidently. 

Hyukjae only stared at her in astonishment at how Heechul could pull it off. He had to admit she was one hot girl. Donghae only smiled at his pretty noona knowing she could pull off any outfit. 

"Hannie? Hellooo earth to Hannie!" She waved her hand in front of his face grinning once she had his full attention. "Y-yeah?" He asked. 

"Well?" She looked at him expectantly. 

"It looks really great on you honey." He smiled truthfully at the beaming girl. She nodded and headed back towards the fitting room once again. 

Hyukjae couldn't help but stare at her smooth milky legs as she walked away wondering whether she waxed or something. 

Hangeng pinched his leg and he winced at the pain. He turned to the male who was smirking. 

"I'm usually not the jealous type but when I am I make sure I get it through their head who Heenim loves and who she belongs to no matter what." Hyukjae rolled his eyes. He should've known. 

"Dude she's my cousin. I don't like her that way." He whispered back. Hangeng was misunderstanding. He didn't and would never see Heechul in that way. 

But it wasn't like he could tell him either. He had to respect his secret just like he was respecting his. 

"Then quit staring at her legs or I'll think you do." He smiled at Hyukjae making him shiver at the smile he received knowing it held deeper meanings. Evil meanings. 

That moment, he realized Hangeng wasn't just a carefree and calm guy he also held a very scary intimidating side. At least when it came to Heenim that is. 

He laid back down next to Donghae who was playing on his phone.

They bumped heads and turned to each other. Both staring at the other for a while before someone cleared their throat. 

"You've been staring at each other for an hour now." Sungmin smirked. Both boys quickly got up not believing his words. 

"Oh my gosh I gotta get going." Hyukjae said as he grabbed his phone. 

Donghae pouted. He really wanted to keep Hyukjae there with him. Hyukjae bit his lip as he stared at Donghae. 

"I'll see you on Monday okay?" He said. Donghae felt even more disappointed. He'd have to wait until then to see his crush again. 

"Okay." He smiled weakly. Hyukjae walked over to him and pulled him in a tight hug. "Till then, I'll miss you." 

Donghae gasped "Hyukkie. I'll miss you too." Hyukjae kissed his forehead before walking away. 

Donghae once again blamed Hyukjae for making his heart speed up and do embarrassing things like the brain freeze moment. 

Hyukjae, on the other hand, loved the feeling Donghae gave him. He would forget about everything else even his idol status only focusing on Donghae and the present moment. 

---------

A/N: I'm so sorry for keeping you all waiting! I'm working on the next chapter. Domo Arigato for being patient! 

Finals are nearing and so are end of the year project due dates. So please be patient! I'll try to update more now since normal classes are over making us focus on our projects and studying only. ^^ 

Welcome new Subbies~! 

Hope it was worth the wait! 

Love you all. Ja ne~!