Daddy Is A Doctor

Baby Boy's Daddy {Drabbles}

Drabble Four: Daddy Is A Doctor

____________________________________ 

 
Whimpers of a child filtered through the walls of the large house, just on the outskirts of the city. Little coughs spread around the quiet house, filling the silence that echoed through the large building. A man awoke from his slumber as the sounds of his distressed child echoed through the halls. 
 
The brown haired man threw the covers off of his body, placing his feet upon the carpeted floor standing up with a few clicks from his stiff bones. With wide steps the tall man walked down the hall and up a flight of stairs to the top floor, that floor was all his child's - a large play room that filled nearly half the floor space as it was in a U shape (imagine a landing with a corridor with many doors, for half of the corridor each door leads to a large play room.). 
 
The other rooms were filled with books for a library that his baby wanted- because he loves to read. At the end of the corridor was the bedroom that was large enough to be a studio apartment, inside it was decorated with a queen sized poster bed in the colour of black with many pillows and plushies. There were black furniture to match the bed and a large mirror for his baby to get ready, it may seem quite gothic but the little child picked out everything himself. 
 
The man pushed open the door to find a crying male rubbing his eye cutely with one little fist, while his other hand grip tightly to a teddy bear that his daddy had bought him for Christmas a few years back. The little boy wasn't so little in fact he was maybe four- five inches smaller than the other but had the aura as a fragile little being. His hair was a chestnut colour, that fitted perfectly with his pouty lips and chubby cheeks.  
 
'Oh baby what's the matter' The man asked softly as he embraced the crying child in his arms, while sitting on the bed. He placed a hand upon the boys forehead and gasped as he felt the heat radiating off the child's body. The boy had a fever, and was crying because his head hurt from a headache that erupted through his muscles. 
 
'Daddy it's to hot, my head hurts- everything hurts daddy' The boy cried to his daddy as he began to cough once again, the man gently rub his hand softly up and down the child's back placing calming kisses to the boys temple. 
 
'Shh it's okay baby, I'm here now let's get you a glass of water. Daddy will get a bowl of water as well with a flannel. Sit tight my little Joonmyun' The boy gave a small nod and a sniffle before he let his daddy go to the kitchen that was located in the room just next door (yes there was a kitchen on the top floor as well). The man filled up a bottle with water and filled up a bowl with some cold water as well, before returning to his child's room. 
 
Joonmyun took the bottle swiftly and laid himself back into the pillows, taking the nib into his mouth and upon the rubber to remove the cold water from the bottle. His daddy placed the bowl on the side table after getting a flannel from the bathroom, he dropped the flannel into the bowl coating it in a layer of water before rinsing the access water off with a twisting motion. 
 
The man folded the flannel in half as he placed it upon his babies forehead allowing the coldness of the water to flow into his boys system. A soft sigh came from the boys  throat as he felt fatigue wash over him, as his daddy pressed gently across his head with the cool flannel. 
 
'Sleep baby daddy is going to stay here with you' A small 'okay' was released before the boy allowed his heavy eyelids to close, it wasn't long before soft snores were heard causing the man to smile ever so slightly. 
 
Yixing was used to doing this duty with his baby as every winter the boy would always catch a simple cold or even the flu which was a nightmare because hearing his baby boy cry just stabs him in the heart. However he never understood how he got these little bugs since Yixing layers clothing making sure his baby is nice and warm. However it seems the cold still seeps into his babies system to play. 
 
He freshly coated the flannel with water, repeating the same motion twisting the access off before re-placing it upon his child's forehead. Yixing placed a soft gently kiss to his babies temple before allowing his head to fall onto the pillows, his chin leaning upon the child's crown as Yixing fell into a light sleep. 
 
For about a week little Joonmyun had a little runny nose and a chesty cough, his headache would come and go and every time it came the little boy would ask his daddy to hold him while he slept. The good thing about the situation was that Yixing worked from home giving him the opportunity to care for his baby all the time. This coming in handy when little Joonmyun got sick. 
 
Yixing would make his mothers soup that was the best for when you were sick, it consisted of chicken and vegetables but was so delicious sometimes little Joonmyun would ask for it even when he's not sick. The boy would munch away as he sniffled but gave a small smile when his daddy whipped his nose to get rid of the nasty liquid. 
 
'Daddy you're the best daddy ever' Little Joonmyun announced while he ate his soup, he felt a lot better than he had before and was happy that his daddy looked after him so well. Yixing smiled causing his dimples to show, little Joonmyun reached over and played with the dimples giggling ever so slightly with happiness. 
 
'And you're the best baby, daddy wouldn't know what to do if you weren't here my little Joonie' Joonmyun laughed cutely at his daddy before letting out a cough, the two sat and ate for a while until Joonmyun felt a headache erupt once again. 
 
'Daddy headache back, can we go watch a film while you hold Joonie...Pwease' Yixing gave a small nod as he placed the bowls into the sick to clean later, before walking over to the sniffling Joonmyun and picking him up.  
 
The man sat down upon the large sofa placing his baby comfortably upon his lap allowing the child's head to nestle into his chest. Joonmyun clung to his daddy as he a Scooby-Doo movie (because everyone loves Scooby-Doo and the gang). After around half an hour little Joonmyun fell asleep in his daddy's arms, Yixing placed a blanket over the boys body as he kissed his temple. 
 
'Get well soon my little Joonie, daddy will always be here to make you better' and with that he returned his attention to the rather interesting mystery upon the TV. He had to admit he loved a bit of Scooby-Doo just as much as his baby, this brought a small laugh to escape his lips as he placed one last gently kiss to his baby's temple. 
 
 
 
 
_______________________________________
 
 
I'm sorry if this is really bad... I kind of rushed this because I'm having family issues :( sad times. 
 
^ I'm being called a thief by my own family, also apparently I'm a selfish lazy who never helps and always asks for money...yea so the money I earn and am saving for my college supplies is selfish and is me asking for money urg I really hate my family. Sorry I have been having a lot more arguments with my mum lately so it's causing me to do stupid things... 
 
Anyway let's forget about that and enjoy this chapter as I don't know when I can update again... 18th May-12th June I'm going to be having my exams that determine my future so it may be till after then but let's see xx 
 
Bye for now my beautiful readers xx