The Leader

Heroes

Wendy is in the kitchen, cooking breakfast for everyone. She is humming a song with her beautiful voice while cooking the tuna fried rice—requested by Yeri—.

 
"Wow you wake up early."
 
Wendy turns her head to find Seulgi stands behind her. The taller girl is wearing black sleeveless shirt that reaveals her toned arms. She blushes again. 
 
"G-Good morning." she greets. 
 
Seulgi just hums as the respond as she drinks the water she takes from the refrigerator.
 
"What are you cooking?" 
 
Seulgi glances at Wendy's cook. She smiles.
 
"Smells good."
 
"You w-want to try it?"
 
"Sure." 
 
Seulgi opens . Wendy bites her lips, because it means, Seulgi wants her to feed her. She takes a spoon of the fried rice and blows it up a bit to reduce the hotness, so, it will not burn Seulgi's mouth. She brings it into Seulgi's mouth, as the latter munches it.
 
"It's so delicious." the taller smiles.
 
"Thank you." Wendy cannot look at Seulgi in the eye.
 
"I like it." Seulgi says. Her voice becomes huskier than before. They smile to each other before Seulgi chuckles.
 
"Why are you like this?" 
 
Wendy just tilts her head.
 
"Being nervous." 
 
Wendy shakes her head,"I-I don't know."
 
"I hope you won't feel nervous in the future. We are team." Seulgi sounds so serious, it makes Wendy nods.
 
"But, it's not like I don't like it or whatever. You're cute and adorable." she continues as she pats Wendy's head.
 
"I-"
 
"Look at here."
 
Wendy is cutted of by Irene's voice.
 
"Two lovebirds." she teases them more.
 
"Shut it."
 
Seulgi turns back to her cold side. They exchange glare for a moment before Wendy breaks the silence.
 
"Take a sit, Irene. I made a breakfast." she says.
 
As Seulgi and Irene sit facing each other, Wendy goes to wake the two youngests.
 
"I see you start to make a move." Irene suddenly says.
 
"A move?"
 
"On Wendy."
 
Seulgi scoffs,"I'm just being friendly. You don't have to be jealous."
 
"You want to die?"
 
Seulgi lifts her hands as she throws a mischievous smile at Irene.
 
Irene wonders. Seulgi is such a tease, but, she is cold at the same time.
 
"Bipolar." she says it out loud, gaining a glare from Seulgi.
 
-
 
Irene can see from afar, that Seulgi is litterally getting along with the others. She feels alone. She doesn't even know why. Everytime she sees Seulgi plays with the others, she always feels like a loner. So, she fakes a cough.
 
"Shouldn't we practice?"
 
Irene, as a leader—decided by Tiffany of course— acts very strict. And it makes the other feel kind of uncomfortable. Not for Seulgi.
 
"Loosen up a bit, leader. Everyone knows how to control their own powers." the taller girl says.
 
"Shut up." Irene says. She thinks that it is better for Seulgi to stay cold. Because, her playful side is more than annoying—at least for her—. The kids listen to Seulgi more than her. That is why it pissed Irene off. They sneak out at night without her, even Wendy. Wendy is the closest to Seulgi. She get shocked when she saw Wendy changed. Wendy is not Wendy anymore. The nervous girl is slowly fading out. She is still nervous, but not really. And, Irene also realises, how Seulgi makes everyone againts her. Actually, Seulgi does not do that. But, the older girl feels like that.
 
That night, Irene decides to sit on the balcony. She needs some fresh air. Although, at the end she should let out a sigh.
 
"Can't sleep?"
 
She turns her body around to her roommate who is leaning againts the wall.
 
"Did my thoughts bothering you?" Irene jokingly says.
 
"To be honest, yes." Seulgi chuckles,"you think too much." she walks closer to Irene,"why?"
 
Irene just shakes her head,"I don't know." she says and turns her body back to the scene of the city as she rests her arms on the rail. Seulgi mirrores her. She does not speak, she just looking at the older girl. She hears all of Irene's thoughts. Too many. That is when she realises how beautiful Irene is. 
 
"What's wrong?"
 
Seulgi startled and decides to act cool,"what?"
 
"You keep staring at me."
 
The taller sighs,"your mind is very complicated."
 
"Are you trying to read my mind?"
 
"No, I'm not."
 
"Whatever." Irene groans, she is not in the mood of arguing with Seulgi, so, she walks back inside.
 
"Joohyun."
 
Irene gasps and stops when she hears her real name comes out from Seulgi's mouth. Her name sounds so pretty when Seulgi says it.
 
"Do you know why Tiffany picks you as the leader?" 
 
Seulgi is so close to her. Irene's mind freezes.
 
"N-No." 
 
"Because..." Seulgi walks one step closer. Irene gulps, waiting for Seulgi to continue.
 
"You're the oldest." Seulgi giggles. A dumb giggle that Irene hates the most. Seulgi is a klutz, she says.
 
"Kang Seulgi! You're! Completely annoying!" Irene beats Seulgi rapidly as the latter laughs.
 
"Hey! Stop! Stop!" she laughs as she tells Irene to stay quite because the other members are sleeping.
 
"I'm kidding, Bae Joohyun." she says,"see? You are too strict. Try to loosen up."
 
"Do you say that I'm a bad leader?" Irene glares.
 
Seulgi shakes her head,"I don't say that."
 
For the first time, Seulgi holds Irene's hands. 
 
"I'm the one who has the lightning power here. But, why do I feel like there is an electricity flows inside me when she touches me?" she thinks.
 
Seulgi giggles,"what are you thinking?"
 
"Dammit, Irene."
 
"You're a great leader, Joohyun. The reason why Tiffany chose you as the leader is not because you're the oldest among all of us. It's because she trusts you. You're a trust-worthy person, I must say. Everyone on the team trust you. You guide us, you're always there when we need you. That's why we are very thankful. So, don't think too much." 
 
A gentle smile creeps on Seulgi's face. Irene's tears fall down as she burries her face in Seulgi's embrace.
 
"I'm sorry." she sobs.
 
"It's fine." Seulgi caresses Irene's hair. She realises how fragile her leader is. It starts since that night, Seulgi decides to protect Irene.