Roommates

Heroes
[South Korea, Seoul, 10:01 PM]
 

"So, everyone's here?" Irene says as she sits on the couch beside Yeri.

 
"Not everyone 'everyone'." Tiffany says. She closes her magazine.
 
Irene frowns.
 
"We have to wait for Kang Seulgi." she continues. 
 
"She wouldn't come anyway." Irene laughs.
 
"We do not know." Tiffany smiles.
 
Irene sighs and rests her back against the couch. She glances at the room, she can see Joy and Yeri are talking about something and start bickering. Also, the nervous girl Wendy Son, sitting like a statue. Her face is so red. Irene shakes her head, and looks away. She does not understand why the Canadian always seems so nervous. 
 
"Nervous or she is just plain adorable." she thinks and giggles a bit. She remembers when Wendy arrived from Canada, and introduced herself to the others as she gave some breads to each of them. And Irene swears, it was the best bread she has ever had. 
 
"Thirty-minutes have passed." Joy suddenly says.
 
Tiffany shrugges,"okay. Let's-" 
 
She stops when the gate opens, revealing a cold-faced girl.
 
"I know you will come, Miss." Tiffany smiles and says politely,"have a sit."
 
Irene's jaw drops, she really does not think that the annoying girl named Kang Seulgi is really here with them. 
 
Seulgi, on the other side, who does not know anything, sits beside Wendy as she puts her back-pack on the floor near her. She glances around for a second.
 
"Hi." she says, when her eyes land on Wendy. Everyone in that room—maybe, except Kang Seulgi— can tell how red Wendy's face is.
 
"Now, everyone is here. Let's start our thing." Tiffany says,"Eric."
 
Eric gives something like computer-tablet formed to Tiffany. Just like before, a hologram appears. This time, it shows them a video.
 
"Do you guys know what is this?" she says, walking around the hologram.
 
"Our world?" Yeri says nonchalantly.
 
"Clever." Tiffany says,"this is our world. Some of us maybe do not realise that our world is this messy."
 
She is eyeing five sitting figures in front of her, one-by-one.
 
"But, all of you, are here to fix it. That's our mission." she finishes her words.
 
"So..."
 
She turns her head to Seulgi. The British girl chuckles—a mocking chuckle
 
"We are here to safe the world?"
 
"Something like that." Tiffany smiles.
 
"This is ridiculous. I'm in." she says.
 
"Good. From now on, five of you will work together. For short, you are a team. Got it?"
 
"Yes." Wendy says in a very quite voice as she glances at the girl in plaid beside her.
 
Unfortunatelly, the girl she looks at, glances back.
 
"I'm Seulgi. You're Wendy, right?"
 
Wendy nods.
 
"It is a pleasure to meet you."
 
Wendy bites her lip when she hears that accent of Seulgi.
 
"I read about you."
 
Wendy gasps, she lifts her head and looks at Seulgi who is walking beside her.
 
"Don't get me wrong. Tiffany gave me profiles of you guys."
 
Wendy nods again.
 
"You seem so quite. Loose a bit, we're in the same age." Seulgi says.
 
"Look at her, being all nice all of sudden."
 
Seulgi turns her head to the back when she hears someone's thought. She finds Irene stares a hole at her. She decides to ignore her.
 
-
 
"Eric will show you where you sleep." Tiffany says when they reaches the top level of Tiffany's mansion—by elevator, of course—.
 
"Over here, ladies." Eric says, being followed by five of them.
 
"Alright, so, Tiffany told me to spread the room for you all." Eric pulls out a paper from his blazer.
 
"Irene, Seulgi, and Wendy. You are in the first room, Joy and Yeri, in the second room."
 
"I want the bigger bed!" Joy says.
 
"No! I'm younger! So, I should be on the bigger bed!
 
"No, I am!"
 
"E-Eric."
 
"Yes, Wendy?"
 
"Maybe, I should sleep with the youngers. You know, since they always bicker at each other?"
 
Eric thinks for a moment,"sure." he says,"there are three beds in there, anyway." 
 
Joy, Yeri, and Wendy start to unpack their things.
 
"Do you guys have an extra bed?" Seulgi says when she finishes look around at her room.
 
"I'm affraid not, Seulgi. Is there something wrong?"
 
"Yes. There's only one bed in that room." Irene comes out from the room.
 
"Well, I suggest both of you should sleep on the same bed then?" Eric says as he enters the elevator and chuckles.
 
"Hell no!" Irene and Seulgi yell. But, it is too late. The elevator is already closed and Eric is gone.
 
"I'll talk to Wendy." Seulgi coldly says.
 
"Whatever." Irene enters the room.
 
The taller girl sighs and knocks the door of room two.
 
"Wendy." she says when she sees the girl she is looking for.
 
"Y-Yes?" Wendy curses herself for stuttering in front of Seulgi.
 
"Can we exchange room?"
 
"Sorry?"
 
"I said, can we exchange room?"
 
Wendy looks at her things before says,"I'm sorry, Seulgi. B-But, I already unpack my things. And it's..."
 
"I get it." Seulgi slightly smiles at Wendy after she sees Wendy has so many things with her,"sorry for interrupting."
 
She closes the door.
 
"Do they really hate each other?" Yeri asks, reffers to Irene and Seulgi.
 
"I don't know." Joy shrugges and glances at Wendy as she smirks.
 
"But, I think someone is falling in love." she teases. Joy really likes to tease Wendy, because the smaller girl is very easy to get shy.
 
-
 
"This bed is mine."
 
Seulgi sighs,"I don't have a plan to sleep there either."
 
She picks a pillow and places it in the couch nearby as she lays down. She slowly closes her eyes.
 
Irene just stares at her. She wants to argue more with the younger girl, she does not know why. But, she just let it be, since Seulgi seems so tired. Irene decides to sleep as well.