Chapter 2

You're My Slave Now

To get Eric's attention without looking desperate, Hyesung would call him up when he needed some help even though he can do it by himself. Moreover, it was a routine for Eric to wait in front of Hyesung's school. To be honest, Junjin and Dongwan knew why what was Hyesung's motive but the cold prince was too ego to admit.

'Bye, guys' Hyesung bid goodbye when he saw Eric who was waiting for him as usual.

Every time, they walked together, only Eric talked about his day because Hyesung never got tired of listening to his voice and because he was too ego to be soft towards Eric. Now, that Hyesung thought of it, they never hung out together outside of school and somehow, Hyesung wanted to see Eric in other clothes other than school uniform.

'Are you free this weekend?' Hyesung asked.

'Yes. Why? Do you want to bring me out for a date?' Eric cheekily joked around.

'Get your brain fixed' Hyesung hissed and continued, 'I want to go hiking to take pictures. And since you're my slave, you have to follow me'

'Why can't you ask Junjin or Dongwan?'

Hyesung kept quiet and replied, 'They are busy' and obviously, it was a lie because he hadn't asked them yet.

'Okay, where should we meet up?'

'Here' Hyesung halted his step when they have arrived at the subway station.

'Okay then! See you this weekend, Hyesung!' he grinned widely.

(Later that night)

Hyesung just realised that he never hike before! He immediately opened his laptop and searched about the near places to hike. Luckily, his father was a fan of hiking, so Hyesung could just borrow his equipments and asked him for details.

(The weekend)

'You're late' Hyesung said as soon as Eric arrived.

'I'm sorry, Hyesung. I have some errands to do' he apologised.

'It's okay. Let's go now' Hyesung gestured.

Hyesung had everything plan and they just need to hop on the bus to get to the destination. When they were at the place, Eric's eyes widen.

'Eh?? This is so tall! I cannot make it, Hyesung-ah' Eric said and tried to leave.

'Yah, don't leave!' Hyesung grabbed a hold of Eric's bag causing him to stay.

'Let's go. I want to take some pictures of the sunset' Hyesung said and started walking.

Am I capable of climbing this hill?

Hyesung and Eric walked together side by side and they managed to talk a little bit.

'Can I see you pictures in the camera?' Eric asked cautiously while pointing at Hyesung's camera.

'Wait' Hyesung checked his camera if there was any Eric's pictures in it and luckily there was none.

'Here you go. Don't break it. Or else, I would push you down the hill' Hyesung threatened.

'Yay!' Eric said cheerfully and took his camera carefully.

He was in awe and sometimes, he would gasped in disbelief.

'Did you take all this?' he asked in disbelief.

'Yes. The camera that you're looking is my scenery camera. All the sceneries that I see beautiful, I will capture them'

'This is ENCHANTING! You have a real talent, Hyesung!' Eric highly praised him which made Hyesung blush.

'I-I know that' he stuttered but under his blush, he gave a faint smile as he was happy to hear it from Eric.

'Hyesung! Hyesung! We're almost there! Let's go!' Eric said excitedly and dragged Hyesung up the hill by grabbing his wrist.

'Woah, slow down!'

Little did Hyesung know, they have arrived at the peak of the mountain.

'This... This is so beautiful!' Hyesung muttered when he saw the awfully beautiful God's creation.

He quickly grabbed his camera and found the perfect angle. Snap! When he looked at the result, he smiled in satisfaction. Eric was mesmerised by Hyesung's beauty especially when he was smiling.

'You should smile more, Hyesung! I like your smile' Eric said sincerely.

'Eh?' Hyesung couldn't process his words as he was so into the scenery.

'I said...' Eric made a smiley face on Hyesung's face.

'Smile more' he grinned widely.

Hyesung was surprised by Eric's sudden touch and when Eric pulled his hands away from him, Hyesung felt that he wanted more of his touch.

'N-No way' he looked away to hide his blush.

Eric just faintly smile and went to sit at the big rock with Hyesung followed behind.

'Can we stay here for awhile?' Eric asked innocently.

Hyesung nodded and commented, 'I feel like staying here forever'

'Let's camp here one day!' Eric suggested.

'That would be cool'

'It would!'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'You have a week break from being my slave. So, be grateful' Hyesung said when they walked home together.

'Eh? Why?' Eric asked with confusion.

'I have some things to settle' he said shortly.

'Hmm, okay' he nodded in understanding.

(The next day)

'Hyung, you're going for practice?' Junjin asked when Hyesung packed his things.

'Yeah. Are you going for your practice?' Hyesung asked.

'Yup, wanna go together?'

'Sure. But, where's Dongwan? He has his practice too right?' Hyesung looked around, trying to find Dongwan.

'He already gone home. His practice is tomorrow'

'Oh, alright. Let's go then' Hyesung gestured.

Hyesung, Junjin and Dongwan is an athlete which Hyesung is in taekwondo, Junjin is in running games and Dongwan is in football. A week from now, they have their own competitions among schools and if they win, they would represent the district.

After changing their clothes, they started walking to their respective training gym.

'I realised that you're not hanging out with Eric anymore' Junjin started.

'Yeah, I need to focus on the competition without having him with me 24/7 which is so annoying' Hyesung said.

'Are you sure you can resist of not having to see him?' Junjin raised his eyebrows.

'What do you mean?' Hyesung frowned.

'I know that you actually like him, hyung'

Hyesung looked at him in horror, 'No, I don't. I don't like him at all'

'Yes, you do. If not, why are you making him your slave? I know that you have another exact camera at home' Junjin said with his detective vibes.

'That's not true!'

'Really? I have to ask Dongwan hyung about this' Junjin tried to trap Hyesung and started taking out his phone to dial Dongwan's number.

'Okay! Okay! Don't call him!' Hyesung immediately stopped him.

Hyesung knew if this got to Dongwan, his life would be ruined. Dongwan had his own unique way of making people tell him the truth and with his big mouth, he was sure that Eric would know in a splits second.

'Are you going to admit or not?' Junjin threatened.

Hyesung didn't answer back immediately, instead after a long pause, he finally admitted.

'Fine, I like that guy. Happy now?!' Hyesung hissed.

'So happy' Junjin said happily and soon, he dropped the subject as he needed to go for his practice.

'Don't think I wouldn't ask later' Junjin reminded him.

'Whatever' Hyesung rolled his eyes and went for his practice. He needed to find a way so that Junjin would stopped asking him.

(The competition day - Final)

As expected, Hyesung went straight to the final game without losing even once. So far, his body was okay and had no injuries.

Looking at the chart, Hyesung found his name and what he didn't expect was that his opponent was from Legend High. Eric's school! As he was waiting for his turn, he tried to look for Eric but the older guy was nowhere to be found. Junjin and Dongwan were at their respective venue and he had wished them good luck yesterday.

'All participants who is about to participate, please be ready at their respective places. Thank you' an announcement had been made and Hyesung obediently went to his place.

I'll just see him tomorrow then.

The fight was intense as Hyesung's opponent was really good in taekwondo. As a result, Hyesung felt that he sprained his ankle a little but because of his competitive attitude, he ignored his painful ankle. He was about to give up when his eyes saw a familiar figure who was looking straightly at him.

At last, I found you.

Eric looked at Hyesung and gave the widest smile ever while mouthing, 'Beat him'. Hyesung smirked at his remark and gave the final blow to his opponent. And ting! Hyesung won the competition!

He slowly made his way to the bench and ordered some random students to bring him first aid kit.

'You definitely need my help' a voice appeared.

Hyesung smiled faintly when he saw Eric who was carrying the first aid kit.

'Thanks' Hyesung said while wiping his sweat.

'You should take 5 just now when you sprained your ankle' Eric said seriously.

'Nah, I'll pass'

Eric just sighed as he already knew Hyesung's stubborn attitude. He just helped Hyesung with the bandage.

Eric stood up and looked at Hyesung, 'Let's go'

'Go where?' Hyesung cutely tilted his head.

'I'm going to treat you an ice-cream for winning'

'Sorry I beat your school' Hyesung smirked.

'I know that you will win. So, I'm not surprised' Eric ruffled his hair and walked in front of him.

'You... Know?' Hyesung muttered softly. And when he realised that Eric had walked too far, he tried running to walk beside him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Hyesung-ah!' Eric greeted cheerfully when he saw Hyesung walking out the school compound.

'You really should stop calling my name loudly' Hyesung sighed.

'Why can't I call my friend's name loudly?' he whined.

'I'm not your friend. How many times do I have to tell you that?' Hyesung looked at Eric seriously.

Eric knew that Hyesung considered him as a friend as they basically hangout together as friends. Plus, Hyesung never treated him like a 'slave' like he always said. He knew that Hyesung was the type who had his guard on and very cautious about letting people in his life. It was true that the way they met was a bit different but that didn't mean that Hyesung couldn't acknowledge him as a friend.

Eric never care about Hyesung's cold attitude towards him because Hyesung would always treat him nicely when they were alone. But this time, it had to stop. So, Eric had a plan to turn the table around.

'Ok, you're not my friend. I'll keep quiet now' Eric said with a slight tone of anger.

Hyesung was astonished by his reply. Usually whenever he said like that, Eric would just shrugged it off and be more clingy. But this time, Hyesung knew it was different.

'I'm just kidding, you know' Hyesung tried to say it with a calm tone but Eric knew he was getting anxious.

'Yeah, I figure' Eric wanted to smirk when he saw Hyesung who was getting uneasy.

'Let's buy some snacks before going home' Hyesung tried to persuade Eric but it didn't work.

'Nah, I'll pass' he declined.

Now, Hyesung knew he had done some ty stuffs towards Eric.

'I'm going to see my FRIENDS tonight to have some fun without them pushing me away' Eric said and gave a fake smile.

What have I done?!

'Are you sure?' Hyesung stupidly asked.

'100%. Bye, Hyesung' Eric said and walked down the subway station without waiting for Hyesung to say goodbye.

Hyesung walked home anxiously and the whole night, he couldn't do anything because he felt terrible and regretted of what he had done.

Am I being too mean to him? Why can't I just said that I want to be his friends? Gosh, I screw up!

He tried to calm his heart by saying that everything will be fine next day.

I don't have to worry. I'm sure he will be normal tomorrow, maybe he was just tired today.

(Next day)

'Eh? This is unusual' Dongwan suddenly said when they walked out from the school.

'What unusual?' Hyesung asked.

'Your Prince Charming isn't here' Junjin said.

Hyesung glared at the now laughing Junjin and Dongwan but what they said was right. Eric wasn't there and that was when Hyesung knew, Eric was really mad at him.

'Did you guys fight?' Dongwan said when he saw the miserable look on Hyesung's face.

Hyesung tried to do his poker face and scoffed, 'Why should we?'

'If you say so' he shrugged his shoulder.

(That night)

Hyesung was more miserable than before. He couldn't think straight and he knew it was all his fault. Finally, he gathered his courage to text Eric.

*Eric, do you want to go out this weekend?*

But Eric didn't replied, instead he replied after an hour.

*No, I have other plans*

Hyesung felt a sting in his heart and he finally repented and reflected on his mistakes.

(Next day)

'Junjin! Dongwan! I'm going home now, bye!' Hyesung waved goodbye and hurriedly left the school.

He decided that he needed to make up with Eric that day, so he planned to wait for Eric at his school. After the school bell rang as a sign of school's over, every girl who recognised Hyesung started whispering and sometimes squealed in happiness.

Finally, he saw his crush who was walking towards the school gate with his friends.

'Eric-ah!' Hyesung called and waved his hands.

Eric would lie if he said he didn't feel surprised when he saw Hyesung waiting for him. Before he could say anything, he and his friends were already standing in front of him.

'Are you guys Eric's friends?'

They nodded.

'I'm sorry but I have to kidnap him today. Bye!' Hyesung said and dragged Eric with him.

'Wait... Wait... Where are you taking me?' Eric who was confused of what happened.

'I am taking you to a place where we can talk'

They arrived at a cafe and Hyesung ordered his drinks, together with Eric's.

'Let's choose a cake' Hyesung said and observed the cake displayed.

Eric still didn't know what was happening, so he just played along.

'Tiramisu please' Hyesung said when he noticed that Eric had been observing the cake.

After paying, they chose a place to seat. They didn't talk at all even after their drinks and cake arrived. Eric finally knew what was going on but judging from Hyesung's silent, he knew it wasn't going to go anywhere.

'Look, if you don't want to talk, I'll go' Eric said seriously and started to stand up.

'Wait!' Hyesung immediately grabbed his hand.

'Don't go... Please...' he said softly.

Eric's heart melted when he looked at the pleading Hyesung, so he obeyed him.

'Firstly... Hmm...' Hyesung couldn't brought himself to say what he wanted to say.

'Close you eyes'

'Why?' Eric raised his eyebrows.

'Just do it!'

Eric sighed and did what he said.

'I wanted to say sorry to you because I took you for granted and I didn't acknowledge you as a friend. I am not someone who can express his feelings freely, so you must have misunderstood me. I'm sorry for being mean and kept pushing you away. But actually, I like your presence and somehow, I like hanging out with you more than I hangout with Junjin and Dongwan. So please, please stop being mad at me. I hate it' Hyesung explained sincerely.

'Are you done?'

'Y-Yes'

'Can I open my eyes now?'

'Y-Yes'

Eric looked at Hyesung with a poker face and it made Hyesung more anxious. He didn't speak a single word for a few minutes.

'Eric-ah, please say something' Hyesung said softly.

Soon, Eric gave a biggest smiled to Hyesung and started laughing.

'Now, you know how I feel when you ignore and keep pushing me away. I'm not angry with you, not a slightest bit. But I just want you to know that I really want to be friends with you and I hate how you don't acknowledge me as a friend' Eric said honestly.

'I-I understand now' Hyesung shamefully nodded.

'Now, can we please eat this cake together?' he asked happily.

Hyesung looked up and saw the same smile on Eric's face. Soon, he returned the smile back.

'Okay'