Chapter 3

You're My Slave Now

'Hyesung-ah, I heard that someone is going to move in opposite our house' Mrs Shin said excitedly.

'That's cool' Hyesung commented and grabbed his strawberry milk in the fridge.

'Tell me when you know about the family' Hyesung said.

'Okay okay'

To be honest, Hyesung didn't give a slightest care about it but just to entertain his mum, he played along. He spent his days listening to his favourite band, reading and sometimes editing some pictures as he had already done his homework.

Hyesung could heard people unloading the boxes and since he didn't know what to do, he decided to look at his new neighbours from the window. Secretly, of course. His eyes went wide when he saw Eric carrying a box inside the house.

Is he my new neighbour?!

Hyesung kept on stalking his new neighbours until they have done with the moving. He still couldn't believe his eyes that Eric moved opposite of his house. He slumped himself onto the bed and buried his face onto his pillows.

Oh God! He is my neighbour now!

Suddenly, he heard his mum shouted.

'Hyesung honey, I'm going to greet our new neighbour now'

Hyesung's eyes went wide and he quickly ran downstairs.

'Mum, wait!' he stopped her.

'What is it?'

'Don't tell them my name'

'But why?' she raised her eyebrows.

'Just don't okay'

'Hmm' she shrugged her shoulder.

'Promise?!'

Mrs Shin groaned in annoyance, 'Fine, promise!'

'Okay, have fun talking with the new neighbours!' Hyesung said and ran upstairs.

He watched her mum talking to Eric's mum and Eric.

Hmm, they get along well.

Hyesung decided to give Eric a surprise tomorrow morning.

(Next morning)

'Mum, I'm going now. Love you!' Eric said and walked out the house.

'Love you too!' she replied.

He whistled happily and when he saw a figure outside his house, he raised his eyebrows.

'Excuse...'

'Good morning! Ready to go to school?' Hyesung cut him off and smiled.

'Hyesung?! What are you doing here?! How did you know I live here?! I just moved yesterday!' Eric bombarded him with questions.

'First, I am waiting for you to go to school together. Second, I know you live here because I live opposite your house. That house!' Hyesung pointed his finger towards his house.

Eric felt like he was about to faint.

'W-What?' was the only respond Eric could gave.

'Stop thinking too much and let's go to school. We will be late!'

'I can't believe this' Eric muttered suddenly.

'Believe it or not, we're neighbours now'

'Your mum didn't mention anything about you at all'

'Because I told her not to. I wanted to make it a surprise'

'And I am so surprised'

'Anyway, mum said that only you and your mum live together' Hyesung said.

'Yeah, dad's working in US. What about you?'

'Divorce. So, it's just the two of us' Hyesung shrugged his shoulder.

'I guess that I'll see you after school?' Hyesung said when they were about to approach Hyesung's school.

'Yeah, see you after school. Neighbour' Eric smirked.

Hyesung chuckled softly and nodded as an acknowledgement.

(That night)

After school, Hyesung decided to bake something for Eric and his mum as a welcome gift and the best thing to bake is cookies. Since Hyesung was good in baking, he needed a small amount of time to make them. While waiting for the cookies to cool down, he went to look for cute containers. Luckily, he managed find one as he and his mum liked to collect those kind of stuffs.

'Mum, I'll be right back' Hyesung announced.

'Alright!'

Hyesung expected that Eric was home but much to his disappointment, he wasn't at home.

Ting Tong...

'Yes?'

Hyesung bowed politely and introduced himself, 'Good evening, aunty. I hope I'm not disturbing. My name is Shin Hyesung and I live just across your house'

'Oh, so you are Clara's son?'

'Yes, aunty. And I am also Eric's friend'

'Omg? Really? What a coincident! But Eric isn't at home now, he went to his friend's house'

'It's okay, aunty. I'm here to give you this as a welcome gift. Hope you would like it' he smiled.

'Oh my, this is so cute! Did your mum bake this?'

Hyesung shyly shook his head, 'No, I did'

'What?! No way! How can a teenage guy bake this cute cookies?!' Mrs Mun said in disbelief.

'Baking is my hobby' Hyesung shyly admitted.

'I can't wait to taste the cookies. I'm sure Eric would love this. He loves cookies!' she said happily.

'I hope you would enjoy it, aunty'

After bidding goodbye, Hyesung went home. He thought that he would met Eric but he didn't. The next day, Hyesung woke up with a smile on his face when he received a text from Eric last night.

*I love your cookies, Hyesung-ah~ Bake me some more again okay ^^*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

During the period they known each other, Hyesung had opened up more towards Eric including being a caring and a soft guy. Eric had been the same, a clingy guy. More clingy than usual, if you might say.

'Hyesung! Hyesung!' Eric called from outside of Hyesung's house.

Hyesung opened his window and yelled, 'What?!'

'Come down here!' he giggled.

Hyesung groaned in annoyance but obeyed Eric's words.

'What?' Hyesung asked again when he stood in front of Eric.

'Let's go to this carnival!' Eric showed him a poster.

'Nah, I'll pass' he gave the poster back to Eric.

'But why?' he whined.

'I hate carnivals'

Eric made a puppy sound to weaken Hyesung's heart. And it worked!

'Stop it, Eric!' Hyesung said.

But Eric widen his cute eyes more and made the sound again. Hyesung sighed when he knew he defeated.

'Fine, we'll go'

'Really? Hurray!' Eric started jumping up and down.

'Keep quiet, Eric! You'll wake up the neighbours!' Hyesung scolded.

(At the carnival)

'Have you brought your camera?' Eric asked when he walked out the house.

'Here' Hyesung showed him his camera.

'Good. Let's go then!' Eric fist his hand up in the air.

'Have you been to carnivals?'

'Once and it was a bad experience'

'I'm sure that view of yours would change tonight. It's going to be fun!'

'Hmm' Hyesung said as he didn't expect much.

There were so many people attending the carnivals and Hyesung recognised some of them. Eric dragged him around and little did he know, he had fun.

'Wait, Eric' Hyesung stopped him when he saw Junjin and Dongwan.

'Junjin! Dongwan!' Hyesung called.

The two friends halted their steps and turned around. They were shocked to see Hyesung there.

'Hyung!' Junjin smiled.

'I never thought you would come' Dongwan commented.

'So, this is the carnival you guys wanted me to come?'

Junjin and Dongwan nodded.

'It's quite fun' Hyesung commented.

Junjin and Dongwan looked at each other in disbelief and then looked at Hyesung while smirking.

'Of course! Especially when Eric comes along' Junjin teased.

Hyesung blushed a little and immediately changed the subject, 'We're going to go there. Wanna come?'

'Nah, it's fine. You guys can go have fun together. But not TOO FUN' Dongwan smirked more.

'Y-Yah!'

When Hyesung wanted to hit his best friends, they had already ran away.

'Ugh, those sly foxes' Hyesung glared.

'Just ignore them. They're probably having fun' Eric tried to calm Hyesung down.

'Yeah, I guess you're right'

As they were walking, Hyesung suddenly halted his steps.

'What's wrong, Hyesung?' Eric asked.

'Let's just stand here. I want to listen to this song' Hyesung said and stood in front of the musics booth.

Hyesung closed his eyes and started swaying his body gently. He was so into it that he already forgot about Eric who was beside him. After the song, he smiled in satisfaction.

'Okay, let's go now' Hyesung said as if nothing happened.

'You like the song?'

'Nope' Hyesung shrugged his shoulder.

Eric smirked and muttered, 'Such a liar'

The grand highlight of the carnival was the fireworks ceremony and Hyesung couldn't let go of the chance to take the beautiful event.

'This is so beautiful, Eric-ah' Hyesung said happily.

'It is. I'm glad that I brought you here' he smiled.

'Yeah, I'm glad I came' he smiled back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ever since Hyesung and Eric became neighbours, Eric had been wanting to go to Hyesung's house. It had been gone for days and finally, he gave up. So, now Hyesung was waiting for Eric to come. He didn't know why but he was so nervous because that was the first time anyone came to his room other than his mum, Junjin and Dongwan. It wasn't like Hyesung's room was messy, but it was more like his room was his privacy.

'Hyesung~ I'm here' Eric chirped happily.

'Just come upstairs' Hyesung said.

Instantly, Eric was already in Hyesung's room.

'Wah, your room is an art itself' Eric praised when he looked at Hyesung's beautiful room.

'You praise too much' Hyesung said but deep inside his heart, he was overwhelmed to hear it.

'I'm sorry about the music, I'll turn it off when the song is finished' Hyesung said and gestured Eric to sit with him on the floor.

It was the same song that they heard at the carnival and somehow, it made Eric smirked.

'I thought you don't like the song'

'Like is an underrated word. I LOVE the band and their songs'

'What band?'

'Royal Prince' he said proudly.

'I never heard about them before'

'It's because they post their songs online but never performed live. Fun fact, they never revealed their faces. And, they also have like 10K followers which is quite many to me'

'But, don't you want to know how they look like?'

Hyesung shrugged his shoulder, 'So far, I don't because I don't really care about that. What matters is that they sing really good and their songs are a beauty itself'

That was the first time Eric saw Hyesung praised someone like that.

'Can you show me their songs?' Eric was getting interested.

'Of course!' he said excitedly.

'They have posted 10 songs and those songs they written by themselves' Hyesung showed Eric the playlist from the internet.

'What's your favourite song?' Eric looked at the list of songs.

'Oh! I really love Don't Cry!' Hyesung exclaimed.

'And then, Alright and Sniper!'

'Can I listen to them?'

'Really? You want to hear it?' Hyesung asked cutely.

'Yeah. What's wrong with that?'

'Nothing. It's just that when I asked Junjin and Dongwan to hear it, they don't really like them. Maybe because this isn't their type of genre'

'Well, that's them and I'm me. So, let's listen to it' Eric smiled.

The whole night, they spend their time listening to Royal Prince's songs and Hyesung was so happy when Eric told him that he might be starting to like the band too. Little did they know, it had already pass midnight.

'I think I should get going, it's already late' Eric excused himself.

Hyesung, don't miss this chance. Go ask him.

'Why don't you just stay here for the night? I mean like my room is quite big for one more person' Hyesung offered.

Eric's face lit up, 'Really?'

'Yeah. I have some big clothes and I can lend it to you if you want'

'That would be nice'

Hyesung smiled and took his clothes from the wardrobe to give it to Eric.

'Here you go'

'Thanks' he smiled.

'In the meantime, I'm going to take the futon'

'Oh, alright' Eric nodded and headed to the bathroom.

When he came out, Hyesung had already prepared the futon for him.

'Thanks, Hyesung'

'No problem' he blushed a little.

He just realised that this was going to be the first sleepover with Eric and when he thought about it, he felt shy.

'Let's sleep now' Hyesung immediately lied down and covered himself with a blanket.

'Do you want me to turn off the lights?'

Hyesung nodded.

'Goodnight, Hyesung' Eric said with his husky yet soft voice.

'G-Goodnight'

Hyesung tried to sleep but thinking that he was in the same room with the person he likes made him cannot sleep. He squeezed his eyes shut but he still couldn't sleep. When he peeked at Eric, Eric had fast asleep. Hyesung was stunned when he saw the perfect features that Eric had.

He looks handsome without his glasses.

Unconsciously, he wanted to touch Eric's face and immediately stopped himself.

What the hell am I doing?!

Hyesung sighed for the hundredth time and tried to sleep. It was a torture for him the next day because he didn't sleep well. When he woke up, Eric had already waiting for him on his chair. After having some breakfast, they decided to go to the amusement park nearby.