Welcome back

Intoxicants

"Jessica?' Mr. Choi called out as he read aloud the attendance slip. When the room fell silent he knowingly lifted his head from the paper to find the called Jung's head pressed down on her crossed arms that were laying on her desk. He sighed as he eyed the white wire that began at the girl's jeans pocket, going up her body, and disappearing in her red hair. Slowly standing up, he began walking towards the slow breathing body before hovering over the girl with a smirk.

"JESSICA!" He yelled as he slammed his hand on her desk right beside her head. He stared expectantly, only to find the girl's reaction to simply reposition her body in the seat. His eyebrows raised in disbelief at the girl's actions, he then quickly grabbed the wire with his fist and pulled it, causing the headphones to fly out of her ear as her phone quickly followed behind.

"AISH! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" Jessica yelled as she immediately stood up from her chair. The teacher smiled at her, expecting the girl to immediately bow and apologize. Instead, her cold stare remained on him and she didn't even take a second to blink causing his smile to quickly fade.

She smiled at his reaction and continued, "I'm not scared of you, you're a substitute so you can't do anything." before grabbing her phone and headphones out of his hand. She then shoved both objects in her pocket before sitting down and staring patiently at the board.

"Ew, what's wrong with her?" She heard a familiar voice whisper behind her, she rolled her eyes before turning around in her seat.

"Listen Tiff, not everybody is perfect like you so please shut up and mind your own business." Jessica retaliated before flashing a quick smile and turning back around in her seat. Tiffany made a disgusted face at the name she was just called. Jessica watched as Mr. Choi sat back down at his own desk and scanned the attendance sheet.

"Soojung? Is Jung Soojung here today?" He called out as he looked around the room to find any raised hands. As Jessica opened to speak, a girl behind her quickly commented before her.

"She hasn't been in school in over a month! We think she may have ki-" A girl blabbed before getting cut off by none other than Jessica.

"Can you stop already?! She's just on vacation leave her alone." Jessica quickly made up an excuse, not even bothering at facing the girl who opened . Mr. Choi raised an eyebrow before turning his attention to a knock at the door. Jessica watched as none of the students even bothered to look up at the door.

"I'll get it." Jessica annoyingly said as she quickly got up and walked towards the door. She paused as she saw a familiar face standing on the other side of the glass..'Soojung?' She thought. She quickly opened the door to find just as she thought, Soojung.

"Sorry I'm late I got stuck in traffic." Soojung said as she quickly walked past Jessica and straight towards the substitute.

She placed the late pass on his desk before quickly heading towards her own and placing her books down. She glanced up at her older sister who stood frozen in front of the now closed door before glancing back down to her desk to begin getting her stuff together. She neatly patted down her black skirt before sitting down at her seat. Shortly after, she felt a faint tap on her shoulder causing her to turn around, and there she found Tiffany with a bright smile waving at her causing her to quickly smile back and respond with a small wave before turning her attention back to the board.

"Okay everyone, today we will be starting off with some algebra." Mr. Choi loudly stated causing Jessica to get out from her thoughts and quickly walk back to her seat.

She couldn't stop staring at her younger sister beside her who was staring attentively at the board. They may be siblings, but ever since Sulli came into Soojung's life, communication slowly died before completely stopping after awhile. The only way they would talk was if Jessica would stop by her apartment, or when Soojung ever decided to show up to school which was rare. Jessica decided to break the awkward silence and use the moment to catch up on things.

"What made you decide to show up today? Did Sulli come home? Have you called mom? Did you-"

"Jessi, I'm fine relax." Soojung cut her off with a small smile.

Jessica stared at her sister worriedly, she opened to say more before getting stopped by big coffee brown eyes in front of her. She sighed before sitting up straight and opening her book to a clean empty sheet of lined paper.

"I decided that sitting at home doesn't help and that it just makes me feel worse. No, Sulli did not come home. And yes, I called mom, she's with Auntie having a girl's day." Soojung replied to all 3 questions quickly. Jessica nodded in understanding making sure not to open again.

The rest of the class went by slow, both were sitting in awkward silence not knowing if they should talk about anything. Jessica decided it was best to wait until after class so, to make time go by quicker they ended up filling up their papers with notes until the white was no longer seen.

"Okay class, you may pack your things together and get ready to leave. You have about 10 minutes before the bell rings but, don't be too loud." Mr. Choi announced as he erased all the equations off the board and sat down at his desk.

The two sisters continued to sit in the awkward silence before someone else decided to bring up a conversation.

"Soojung, how are you feeling?" Tiffany suddenly asked. Jessica stared at the girl, eyeing her white long sleeved shirt that was under a baby pink vest.

"I'm feeling great actually!" Soojung responded with a bright smile. Jessica turned her head to the opposite direction as she sensed her younger sisters lies.

"That's good..Do you want to join me for lunch later? To catch up on things?" Tiffany suggested. Jessica rolled her eyes before getting kicked under the table by her younger sister.

"Sure, i'd love too!" Soojung replied as she tried to hold in her laughter since her sister was biting her lip in pain.

"Okay, I'll see you later then!" Tiffany exclaimed, before going back to her own group of friends.

"I'm coming." Jessica stated causing her sister to look at her strangely.

"Don't you hate Tiffany?" Soojung questioned, confused about the whole situation.

"Pft, who doesn't! I'm going for you obviously." Jessica asserted.

Soojung just shrugged her shoulders before picking up her books and standing up. Jessica quickly followed behind her as they walked towards the door patiently waiting for the bell.

"I'm sure our friends will be happy to see you." Jessica mentioned. She watched as a small smile crept on Soojung's face, causing her to begin to smile too. Quickly realizing what she was doing, she immediately turned her expression cold.

"Haha, I saw that Jess!" Soojung teased, causing the older girl to glare back at her. Soojung just shrugged it off, not scared of her sisters ice stare.

The bell suddenly rang causing everyone to crowd near the door since they were all trying to get out at the same time. Behind all of the chaos, Soojung and Jessica patiently waited as they watched all the immature high-schoolers yell and push each other. After what felt like forever, the doorway was clear of people allowing Soojung and Jessica to walk through it into the hallway. They walked silently beside each other, walking towards their lockers before they heard multiple voices scream in unision.

"EE IS THAT WHO I THINK IT IS?"

"YES! OH MY GOD!

"SOOJUNG~!" A group of girls behind them screamed. Before either of them could turn around, 3 girls piled on top of them hugging them both tightly.

"Guys..guys..I can't breathe." Soojung choked out from the multiple arms that were squeezing her. They immediately let go and took a step back before examining the frail girls body.

"I can't believe your back, it felt like forever!" Yuri shouted before embracing the girl once again. Jessica formed a small smile at the sight of the small yet big reunion.

"I missed you, guys!" Soojung replied, as she hugged the girl back.

"Hey, we should go get icecream." Taeyeon suggested before receiving a nod from everyone except Jessica who just rolled her eyes.

"For Soojung or for you?" Jessica scoffed causing Sooyoung to laugh. Taeyeon's eyes widened at the comeback before she hit Sooyoung.

"What did I do?!" Sooyoung gasped at the sudden attack.

"You shikshin! You know you want the icecream more than any of us! You have no reason to laugh at Jessica's cold jokes!" Taeyeon argued. Sooyoung couldn't say anything so she just nodded in response which received another eye roll from Jessica and a small laugh from Soojung.

"I say we skip next period, we all have something lame like gym or art anyway so it doesn't really matter." Yuri suggested. Her suggestion then received a nod from everyone, including Jessica.

"Let's go!" Jessica exclaimed before they all started walking towards the exits.

"HEY!" A familiar voice yelled from behind them causing everyone but Jessica to almost jump out of their skin. They all quickly turned around to find none other than the 'Elites' staring at them with their arms crossed.

"Where do you think you guys are going?" Tiffany interrogated, causing even Yuri to roll her eyes.

"We're just getting some ice cream, Tiff." Soojung suddenly responded. Tiffany didn't even glance at the girl instead, she decided to direct her glare towards the other girls. Jessica, who got the hint that Tiffany wasn't going to let them go unless one of them responded, decided to speak up.

"Why do you care?" Jessica argued, only receiving an eyebrow raise from the girl.

"Becau-"

"Hello?"

Everyone's cold expression dropped as they turned towards the voice. They watched as Soojung began walking away with her phone against her ear.

"Soojung!" Jessica called out causing the girl to turn around at her called name. Jessica looked at the girl's hurt  expression and knew immediately what was going on.

"Sulli." Jessica whispered, loud enough for the other girl's around her to hear.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N, Haha, well this first chapter was lame. But, aren't they all? I mean you can't just throw all the drama in the first chapter sooo that's why i'm putting it all into the second chapter!;) Hehe~ I lost my phone and I'm so upset, now I can't listen to my albums in class. I do some amazing work when I'm secretly jamming out to kpop, yanno? Hmhmhm.. maybe tomorrow i'll be nice enough to give a fast update. That includes Jungli..ANDDDD JeTi oo. Putting them all in would make you guys spoiled! For my other fic Red Band Society I regret updating so fast..I literally added all the chapters in less than a month and now my brain is just ajhgjakdhjkagdh because I wasn't thinking about what I was writing so nowwwww I have to go back every single second to make sure i'm not replaying a scene aisshh. Never stay up all night doing 3528375 updates because you might slip something important and then not even remember the next day since you were so tired..That's why this is my first fic that I actually planned the story wowoowow. This fic got so many subscribers and upvotes before I even started, I hope I didn't disappoint you guys. But, thank you for reading and all of your support!!^^

~Glob~