Chapter 2

A different kind of love

Hyeri's voice

It had been two days since my confession and I hadn’t spoken to her. It was my fault because I had been avoiding her. I report me to not attend school and so she wouldn’t find me in the hallways. I hadn’t responded to her messages and I had asked a classmate to bring me food and the homework to my room. After all I didn’t want to break my assignments. That was the reason that forced me to leave my room on the third day to go to the library; the literature teacher had instructed us to analyze three different poems. I could not concentrate on my room so I thought going to the library was the best choice, since she rarely went there. I left my room after classes ended, as it was the time when she used to draw on the schoolyard.

I spend a while sitting at a table in the library, with an eye on my notebook. I was analyzing the second poem when I realized that someone was sat in front of me. When I looked up I saw Yura and immediately returned my gaze to my notebook, I dared not look at her.

--Why don’t you answer my messages?—it was she who broke the silence.

--I've been busy with classes and homework—I hoped she believe my excuse.

--I was worried about you... –

--Oh Yeah? Why? –

--In The morning I went to look for you to your classroom and your friends told me that you had reported sick since yesterday ... but I see you are already better—

I looked up and covered my mouth with my right hand and then pretend to cough –My throat still hurts a little. Yesterday I had a high fever and a headache. I spent all day sleeping... – by the expression on her face, I knew she hadn’t believed me anything I said.

--Let's go to other side—

-But It ... –

--I’ll wait you outside—

Before I could say anything else, she had already stood up and walked out of the library. It was then that I noticed the looks on me; apparently we were talking very loud. I made a curtsey several times in apology, gathered my things and got out of there.

--I thought you were gonna make me wait—she smiled and started to walk. I followed without say a word.

We had walked for a few minutes and the silence between us didn’t like me at all. I thought about saying something nonsense and make her laugh, but part of me knew that silence would continue there until we talk about what had happened a few days ago.

--Yura ... – I took his wrist to make her stop.

--I don’t want to marry Yong Hyun-- She stopped and turned to me. Our eyes met. --Not today, not tomorrow, not when I’ll finish the university—For a moment I felt a great joy. --But our parents decided already. I talk to Yong Hyun Oppa and he doesn’t want to marry me either, he says it would be like marry to his younger sister. Besides he has a girlfriend and-…--

--His parents know?—I interrupted her.

--What? That he has a girlfriend? Yes, he introduced them two weeks ago ... –

--Then why ...-- I couldn’t say more because she finished the question for me.

--Why they accepted the engagement? –

I nodded in response.

--Because they don’t like that girl for their son. He said that the engagement was idea of ​​their parents; they were the ones who convinced min-

I stayed silent. I hadn’t thought that neither of them wanted to marry. Aigoo, I had confessed my feelings without a reason and now I was too ashame...

--About what I said the other day...—

--We can talk about that later—

--We have to talk now ...—I made a short pause before continuing --I've never had a boyfriend, but I've dated a couple of guys and if I'm sure of something is that when I’m with you I feel different from when I was with them... better. I thought about it and I'm not mistaking our friendship; I have had many friends to know it. I really like you ... and I understand if that make you feel uncomfortable and you don’t want to be my friend. I did not answer your messages and pretended to be sick, I didn’t mean to worry you, but I thought ...-- I couldn’t keep talking because she kissed me. Wait, she had kissed me? It was an awkward kiss, though; our lips came together for a few seconds until she move away. I stood in shock. I was not sure if it happened or I had imagined.

--You were talking much—she said.

--And kissed me was all that you think to shut me up? You shouldn’t play with my feelings—I honestly don’t know how to feel about it.

--I'm not playing—and before I could say anything else, she started to walk.

Once again I followed her without saying anything, although I had too many doubts, for example, why she had kissed me? I soon realized we were walking to his room. At least the silence wasn’t as uncomfortable as before. Once we got to her room, she took the key to open. I waited for her to enter first and once she turned to close the door I trap her against the door. I placed my both hands aside his shoulders to block that she get away.

--Why did you kiss me?—I preferred to go straight.

--I told you, you were talking too much— She said with a little trembling in her voice.

--Nothing else? – I insisted.

--Yes, why else would I do?— the trembling was still there

--Because you wanted to kissed me—maybe I was going further than I should, but who would kiss someone just to shut her up when there were many ways to do it.

--Of course not—I saw biting her lower lip slightly. Probably risk it, but I could bet that I was lying.

I decided to approach until our lips were a few inches away. –Are you sure? Because I'd like to kiss you—as I had thought, she hadn’t made the effort to move away. A mischievous smile appeared on my face because of it. She said nothing, so I move closer until only a few inches separating our lips.

--Wha-what are you doing?—I could feel his breath hit my lips from de distance.

--I told you that I want to kiss you—I answered with the same smile on my face.

--And-and what are you waiting? –

--Because I won’t  not kiss you if you don’t want me to—

Once again she said nothing. Aigoo, we were so close I couldn’t understand why I don’t kiss her already. I closed my eyes and went prepared to end that space between our lips, but stopped just before. What if she really didn’t want to kiss me? I don’t want to ruin our friendship for a kiss. So I pulled away and instead of kissing her lips, I just kissed her cheek. I pulled away, but my arms were cornering her, and when she opened her eyes as I shrugged.

--I said that I won’t kiss you if you didn’t want—I said.

She rolled her eyes and went under my arm to go to her bed. I leaned on the door, occupying the place that she had left. I saw from there how she dropped on the bed and her side to be with her eyes toward me. Normally I would throw on the bed beside her, but after my confession I didn’t know how much of what we used to do will make her feel uncomfortable.

--I can return your feelings—and finally, the words I didn’t wanted to hear, came out of his mouth. My first reaction was to ask why, and then I wanted to leave his room to mourn quiet, but neither, my mouth and my legs, reacted at that time. –At least not at this moment--

--What do you mean?-- now I was confused.

--That I’m confused and I need time to think. I thought if I kissed you and I didn’t like, everything would be easier, but that didn’t happen. All I know is that I don’t want to stop being your friend—

I didn’t know what to say. I was hurt and she had played with my feelings when she kissed me, but it was also that little glimmer of hope because she hadn’t completely rejected me. And I wasn’t going to deny that I didn’t want to stop being her friend. I sighed, letting out all the air in my lungs.

--I'm sorry—maybe I had stayed quiet for a long time so she decided to say something.

--Oh No. You don’t have to apologize for what you feel or don’t—the last thing I wanted it was that she feel bad about her feelings. -- And we won’t stop being friends; do you think you get away so easily from me? - I tried to joke about it. It had been sufficient uncomfortable moments for one day. She smiled. –I think I should go; I haven’t finished my homework and you know that I can’t low my grades.-

--Before you go you have to promise me something—

--What? –

--Don’t miss classes again just because you don’t want to see me—

I laughed not being sure if she was joking or being serious –I promise— after that I left his room.


I just want to soy thanks to my suscribers and for the comments. I want to apologize for any mistake in the grammar and typos, especially in this cap because it's 11:00 p.m. and my eyes are almost close, but I wanted to update asdfghjkl

PD: You will surprise in the next chapter...