Chapter 3

A different kind of love

Yura’s voice:

It had been almost two weeks since Hyeri confessed his feelings for me and since then our friendship had never been the same. We kept doing the same things as before, but for some reason I felt that we were moving away and I didn’t want Hyeri away from me. That's why I decided to invite her to the party that my parents would do to introduce a new line of clothing that had come to the store. I thought that spending time outside the campus would do well to our relationship.

Yura: I see you at eight in the main entrance. Do not be late.

I send her a text.

Hyeri: Arasso.

I spent all afternoon trying to find the perfect dress. I wasn’t sure if it was because my parents were the hosts and I had to be well dressed or if I wanted to impress my friend. Anyway, the time was approaching and I ended up wearing a dark blue strapless dress that stood out the curves of my figure. I wore black heels and took a small bag that matched with the color of my dress and had ornaments in silver. I picked up my hair in a ponytail and made me curls.

When I arrived at the main entrance she was already there and I stayed looking at her with my mouth open. She was wearing a plain black short spandex dress fabric color that perfectly adheres to her skin. She was wearing a black heels that made look good her legs. She made waves in her short hair.

I never noticed how beautiful she was. My heart began to beat rapidly and nerves were present in me. Luckily for me, my phone rang at that moment. I turned to answer, but the real reason was to hide the blush on my face.

-The chauffeur is here, Gaja?-- I said and waited for her to advance to walk together.

My father had insisted on sending his chauffeur to pick us up when I mentioned that I had invited Hyeri. He said that in that way we could have fun without worrying about the return. Anyway, we’ll going to sleep in my house that night.

The way to the events hall where would be the presentation it was fast. During that time there was no kind of awkward silences between my friend and me, so I had a feeling that this would be a great night.

When we entered the place the first people we saw were my parents. Hyeri had accompanied me sometimes to events like this and gone a few times to the house, so my parents knew her very well.

After greeting and hear some indications that my father had given me when the event began we went to looking for a good place to watch the runway when it began.

I could not take my eyes off her while she told me about the disaster that was the blind date at which one her friends had gone. Every time she laughed I laughed with her. It was at that moment that I hardly paid attention to what she said because I was lost in her eyes. I do not think it was possible, but I liked that feeling.

--I have to go to the bathroom-- suddenly his tone became more serious and stood up.

--I’ll go with you— I said.

-- No, thanks. I’ll be right back--

I found it odd that she had stopped halfway through the story and I soon realized why when I heard a male voice behind me.

--Yura-ah! Your parents told me to come to say hi— I found Jong Hyun Oppa when I turned around, and he didn’t hesitate to sit beside me.

--Oppa! I thought you weren’t going to come— I was a little surprised. I had invited Hyeri precisely because I knew that Jong Hyun would not be present.

--My parents have forced me to come. They say that we must make public appearances--

I was silent. Hyeri sure was gone because she saw him coming.

--Looks like you are not happy to see me here— He said.

--I’ll be back in a moment-- I said without answering his question and I stood up.

He nodded with a look of confusion on his face.

I went to the bathroom and found Hyeri washing hands.

--You didn’t need to come to get me; I told you that I’ll be right back—She said when she saw me.

-Miané He had said to me that he wouldn’t come--

--You don’t have to apologize-- by the expression on his face I knew that Jong Hyun was the reason that she practically had fled.

--I have to. I invited to you because I thought we could have fun as before--

--Nothing will be like before and it’s my fault. I like you, and I can’t pretend that you don’t know—

I was salient staring into his eyes. I was pretty sure I liked her and I wanted to tell her, but no words came out of my mouth.

--I think it's better that I return to the school-- She walked towards the exit from the bathroom, but when she passed beside me I took her wrist to stopped her.

--Don’t go--

--I don’t want to see you with your future fiancé. Let me go--

--Her parents forced him to come, he doesn’t want to be here... Please, do it for me—I beg.

--Only if you agree to have a date with me-- She said after a short silence.

--Wa-a?— I exclaimed in surprise.

--I'll stay if you have a date with me— She repeated.

--Arasso--  I said almost in a whisper, but it was enough to she can listen.

And without anything else to say I walked towards the exit of the bathroom bringing it to her with me. When we go out I was surprised to find Jong Hyun waiting for me.

--My parents just arrived, we should go to say hi— He took my wrist.

--But ...--

--Oh, hi, Hyeri-ssi! — He said when he saw Hyeri came behind me. --Gaja?-- He said to me.

--But ...--

--Go… I'll get some snacks--Now was Hyeri who interrupted me.

Before I could say anything Jong Hyun was carrying me with her parents and Hyeri was already on his way to the snack table.

When we got with Oppa’s parents I made a curtsey to greet and then I started to answer the typical questions: That if I already decided which college to go, if I already thought what I am going to study, if I'm happy with the engagement, among others. Of course in the past question I had to lie a little. We were about to leave when my parents came to greet Jong Hyun and their parents. I take advantage of the moment to look for Hyeri; She was at the snack table talking with a guy. At first thought nothing of it, but after a while they kept talking. I got a little jealous.

After a while Jong Hyun and I could return to our seats.

--Who is the guy who is with Hyeri?—I asked.

--His name is Park Ji Bin, is the son of the principal of Hongik University. It seems that they are getting along-- He said with a smile.

Hongik University was the second largest university in Seoul and ranked fifth nationwide. I didn’t need to say it was a prestigious university.

--And you know him?-- I asked.

--I have talk to him couple of times, Why? Do you want to go with them?--

--Anio, We can’t interrupt them-- I didn’t want to know him. I had a feeling in my chest that was bothering me. I hadn’t felt like this before. I just wanted Hyeri to stop talking to that guy and came to sit with us.

--Do you have something to do the Thursday afternoon?-- Oppa asked.

--I don’t think so, why?--

--Shin Ha asked me to invite you to have dinner--

--Are you serious?-- I was a little surprised by the request of his girlfriend.

--When I told her about the plan of our parents I explained her that I loved you like a sister and she wants to know you--

--Can I take someone?--

--I think there's not a problem that we have a double date-- Jong Hyun nodded.

--Wa -?-- I exclaimed.

--Why didn’t you tell me that you had a boyfriend?--

--Aigoo. I was thinking to ask Hyeri to accompany me-- I blushed slightly.

--You could say that before-- he laugh.

--What's so funny?— Hyeri’s voice made me smile, but my smile faded when I saw that she came with the other guy.

--I’ll tell you later...-- I answered. I cleared my throat and I pointed at the boy with my eyes.

--Ah, yes—Hyeri said --He's Park Ji Bin— she told us –And they are Yura and Jong Hyun— she told to Ji Bin.

--Hey, What's up?—Oppa said. I just smiled slightly.

--Hyeri said that I could sit with you ..—Ji Bin said.

--I hope there is no problem-- Hyeri and Ji Bin take a sit.

When the runway ended I asked my parents to go home with the excuse that I was feeling sick. They said yes, because the main point of the event had already finished.

--I’ll go home already. Would you come with me or you will wait for my parents?-- I asked Hyeri.

--It’s so early. Do not be party pooper--

--I have a headache. Are you coming?—I lied. I wanted to go home to avoid seeing Hyeri with Ji Bin.

--Yup. I’ll only going to say goodbye to Ji Bin--

--I’ll wait for you in the door-- and without another word I walked toward the door. When Hyeri arrived the car was already waiting for us.

Once we got home I got out and thanked the chauffeur who will return to the events hall to pick up my parents. I walked to the door and opened it. Once I entered the house I went straight to my room upstairs. Hyeri close the door and followed me.

When I was in my room and lay face down on the bed without taking off the dress and heels.

Hyeri sat on the bed beside me; I could feel it.

--Are you okay? Want me to get you a pill?-- She broke the silence that had been since we got into the car.

I shook my head. I turned around to be able to look at her eyes.

--What you were talking to Ji Bin?-- I asked.

--Mmm nothing that matters. Why?--

I was silent, I didn’t know how to tell her that I was jealous of that guy.

--If I don’t know you I would say you're jealous...-- she laughed.

I kept my serious expression. –Do you remember when I said I couldn’t love you back?--

She nodded. And the smile on his face disappeared.

My heart was beating so fast I felt that it was going to leave my chest at any time.

--Watching you with Ji Bin made me realize that I like you-- I could feel my cheeks blush.

--Are you serious?--

--Yes—I nodded.

--I need to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming—she laughed.

--Babo— I laughed slightly.

There was a moment of silence, but this time it felt different. Both smiled. I felt that at that time only two of us existed and the room became our little world. A world where both could be happy together without worrying about what people thought.

I motioned for it to lie down beside me and when she did I put my arms around his torso and hide my face in her chest.

--You can’t have a headache, right?-- she asked.

I shook my head. –Miané--

--You don’t need to apologize. I think if we stayed longer in that place Ji Bin I would ask for my number-- she laughed; although I think it wasn’t funny at all.

--Uh, I wouldn’t let that guy end up with my girl--

I felt how she pressed me harder against her with her arms.


I'm not proud of this chapter, but at first I didn't plan that Yura said how she feel to Hyeri until I was writing it. In the next chapter Hyeri and Yura will have their first date, wait for it... <3