Chapter 1

A different kind of love

Hyeri's voice:

--I Like you--I had thought how it would be that moment and the words I would say so many times in the mirror, but none had been like this. My voice trembled like my legs and the rest of my body, and my heart was beating so fast I thought It would stop at any time. I had just confessed my feelings to my best friend and I was scared out how she was to react. But before I tell you that part of the story I would like you to know how it was that all started...

My name is Lee Hyeri, and I am a sophomore at Yoinsei Academy for Girls; one of the most recognized boarding schools in the country by the degree of excellence of its students. Most incoming students came from a wealthy family who can pay the full cost of tuition, while others, like me, are in this place thanks to a scholarship.

I had no trouble making friends since the first days I came to this place. Contrary to what everyone might think, most of the girls in this school are not interested in the social status of your family when it comes to making friends. But I met her a couple of months after joining. The teacher had wanted to talk to me after class, but my friends didn’t want to wait me. Idiots. Although, then I thanked them, because otherwise I doubt we would have known. Anyway, after talking to the teacher I went to the main schoolyard where my friends and I had agreed to meet, but they weren’t there, and to my luck that morning I had forgotten my phone in the room, so I had no way to contact them. I wasn’t going to walk around the campus to go get them, so I decided to sit on a bench and wait for them to appear. In front of me, on another bench, was sitting a girl with long dark brown hair and white skin; she had a notebook and pencil in her hand. By the movement of her hand I assumed she was drawing. I looked at her long enough for her to raise his head, and when she did it I smiled. She smiled at me and turned back to his notebook.

After a little while my friends came and I went with them.

The next few days I passed at the same place, and there she was ... always ... without any fault.

One day I told my friends to leave without me. I was curious about what she drew in her notebook.

I went to the bench and stood in front of her. From my position I could see her notebook.

--Wow! You draw very well—I exclaimed when I saw the clean and dedicated lines on the paper. She just looked at me and tilted her dead by way of thanks. –Is he your boyfriend?—the drawing was the face of a boy; very handsome if I could say. I used to talk to people as if I knew them of a lifetime.

--Anio, Is the son of some friends of my parents, it's like my older brother—she gave a soft laugh and gave me the look. My name is Kim Ah Young, but you can call me Yura-

--It’s a pleasure. My name is Lee Hyeri-I made a small curtsey.

And that's how it all began. Thereafter, every day after classes finished, I dismissed me from my friends and went to look for her. The connection we had was immediate; we became friends almost instantly. Some days we stayed talking until the sun was gone. Other days I used to watch her while she was drawing.

Eventually we began to spend more time together. We ate lunch and dinner together, on the weekends when both stayed in the academy; we spent the whole day in his room or mine. Sometimes we watched movies, sometimes we talked and almost always we ended up staying asleep.

My friends began to claim me to spend more time with a girl who was a degree higher than us. We had some problems and arguments, but eventually I tried to balance the time I spent with Yura unnie and the time I devoted to mi friends.

It had been just over a year since we began our friendship and a few days ago she gave me the worst news of my life. His parents owned a very popular clothing shop in Seoul and were concerned about the financial future of her daughter and the clothing shop, so they had decided that when she finished college she will marry with Hong Jong Hyun, the son of her parent’s friends. Jong Hyun was the eldest son and inheritor of Hong Hotel Omega. Her parents said that they would announce their engagement when their daughter finished high school.

I never thought about the possibility that I could like Yura unnie, but when I got the news I felt my heart was torn to pieces. I was going to lose her without even having her. It was something I had not felt before, but the news had affected me so much that I began to think about the possibility of have feelings for Yura.

A couple of days later I realized it wasn’t just friendship what I felt for Yura. And that's how we got to this point. I had asked her to come to my room after classes to watch a movie. I didn’t dare to say anything until the last moment, when it was time for her to return to her room.

After my confession was a silence that lasted several seconds; seconds that seemed eternal for me.

--Are you kidding me, right?—She was the one who broke the silence.

It hurt a little that she thought that. We were sitting on the bed, facing each other. I extended my hand to put it on hers who was leaning on his leg, but as expected, as soon as my hand touched hers, she move away her hand. –I- I’m Serious. I like you-- ashamed, I started playing with my own hands.

--Hyeri, I ... -- my heart was prepared to hear the worst answer she could give me. However, his speech was interrupted by the ringing sound of her phone. She bowed his head apologetically and replied. She seemed relieved to have received that call. –I have to go. A classmate asked me for help wither homework and she is waiting for me. Talk to you later—I didn’t want to find out if it was true or just an excuse to leave. I nodded and watched as she left the room.

Once she closed the door I lay face down on the bed and pressed my face against the pillow; I screamed as loud as I could. I had thought that the worst that could happen was that she gave me a negative response and our friendship ended in that moment, but it was worse that she leave without giving me an answer.


I wanted to explain a little bit how they met and this is the result. In the next chapter you will know what think Yura unnie about Hyeri~ I hope you liked this chapter and thanks for reading it :3

Pd: I'm sorry for any grammar mistakes. This is the first time I write in english.