Strangers - part 2

Strangers In Jeju do



 

2.



 

Sunset, It suddenly rains hard in Jeju. Sora sits on the wooden floor under the eaves, raindrops blew on her feel. Cosy.

The little wind chimes tinkles.

Black stone fence in front of her just be low enough to see the sea streches infinitely and she even can hear sound of waves ing into cliff. Darkness slowly comes, mixed with black cloud under hard rain. It makes people feel really lonely than ever.

 

I hate to say words related to departure but this is the exclusive priviledge for people in love. Even if I am not around, please don’t get sick, stay healty and smile always. Please have delicious food and meals properly. Often think of me at times.




Sora folds the letter back, has no idea that her face was full of tears.

She still remember the day when she received Lee Teuk's letter, he had joined Interpol for 2 months. This moment, she was really happy, cause he finally accepted her with open heart. But the same time, more than sulked by his decision to left her behind alone, she was in torment of worrying for his safety. That time, Sora read the letter with tears and smiles.

Today, it really hard for Sora to read these words again.

Line by line... just like needles pricking in her heart...
 

Wiping tears, she whispered:

“Lee Teuk… just today, let me cry freely. I will accept the truth, will live well, be healthy like you want. Lee Teuk ah, just today please… you see, right? Not only me sad, it is raining, God seems to be sad, too. Right?”


 


 



 

The next day, darkness of the rain totally disappeared. Brilliant sunshine covers every where in Jeju, on the sea, and on the yellow flower field as well. With barefoot, Sora hobbles on the grass in front of the house, enjoy the sunshine.
 

She wears a cardigan, puts the shoes on and walks to the fishing village. The path is too narrow to drive, so she has no choice but hobbling with the wound on her knees.
 

The srpeading flower field only be seperated with her by a wooden fence. Breathing fresh air, feeling quite cheerful.
 

Beside the rocks, Jeju women divers were together. Sora guesses they have just been beneath the sea, cause everything is all fresh.


After choosing something for the meal, she pays money for them then carries a full bucket of fresh seafood. One of the divers waves her hand with Sora and says something in Jeju dialect which Sora can not understand:


“Mendorong ddodot”

“Mendorong ddodot”

It bewildered her, she asked with roll eyes: “Dae, ajuma, what are you saying?”

“Mendorong ddodot” – the diver keeps saying this with a smile.

“She wishes you to have a warm and cosy day. That's what she saying” – a baritone sounded behind Sora.

It's Kim Woo Bin.

 



 

Woo Bin stores the picture in his wallet, in this fading picture is a Sora with beautiful smile and brilliant eyes like an angel, she gently leaned on Lee Teuk shoulder, look like full of hapiness.

That was a lively Sora.

But now who he sees is just a quite Sora, like a calm lake surface.

 

"Is this bucket all for you? Can you eat all of them?" - he wrinkles his nose, grabs heavy bucket in Sora's hands then puts it into bicycle basket.

“I've thought that you were a man of few words” – She has no objection to his help, walking beside him on the path.

“Thanks for your imagination, it seems that my appearance always gives other people inspiration.” – He smiles faintly, remembered Sora's wound, he suddently asked: "How about your knees? Are they ok”

“Well, it's ok, just a minor wound.” – She secretly looks down the white bandage covering on knees. As walking a long path, the wound seems to bleed again, red on the bandage. Quickly glances at him, she tries to hide it by the skirt

This imbecility of course did not escape from his eyes, fetching a sign, Woo Bin parks the bicycle then walks over it to squatte in front of her.


“I've said that Iam Ok.” – Sora steps back

“Stand still there. That's how you define the word 'ok' hah?” – he looks at her by his shark eyes – “hold on, don't you tell me that you had walked down that long path to get there?”

 

Well, that's how it was, but who are you to control my stuff? Sora swallow down these thinking. She doesn't know why she can not answer like that, it's really weird. He is just a stranger.

Woo Bin suddenly stands up, the gap between them becomes closer, his tall figure immediately radiates an invisible power. Sora unconsciously steps back. Recall the scene of surprised picking up by this guy, she blurted out: "What are you going to do? Don't come close to me!" - She looks at him wary

Seeing she suddenly lifted up like cat claws small, Woo Bin even more fun teasing, still cold fishy face, his arms spread out, walked over to her.

"Ya... you really...!" - Sora closed eyes, does not know to do anything but raising her hand to stop him.

Woo Bin's smile on his face frozen in a moment, he deeply felt her soft hands are placed on his chest.

Time slowly crawled through.

Wind subtly put her scent around him.

Woo Bin cleared his throat, back, arms raised in surrender gestures: "I am no closer to you. That's you who are 'closer' to me "

Sora hastily removed his hands down and her cheeks pink up. She sighed, depressing said: "I am sure of this, I finally did something wrong with you huh? Can we just ignore eachother like strangers? Can you let me live in peace some?"

Since its start talking to him on a horse farm that day until now, impressive in her judgments about him are turning upside down.

He started rubbing her hands, add teasing voice: "I'll ride my bicycle and you can sit behind, I just wanted to say that."

Sora suddenly looked silly people Woo Bin.

Lee Teuk used to rub her head like that.

    
"Just sit behind me, from now on we will never learn to ride a bycycle anymore!"



Muzzle stinging her eyes were wet.

"What happened to you girl. Okay okay, I do not tease you anymore. "- Woo Bin see her crying, feverishly up.

Lee Teuk used to be like that. No matter how he sternly with them Dong Hae Eun Hyuk, whenevershe was going to cry, Lee Teuk would  feverishly don't know what to soothed her, just constantly beside kept asking stupid question: "Why are you crying? Why are you crying anyway? "

Sora bites her lip, her eyes flashing light repressed emotions back last outburst. She sniffed told Woo Bin - "Did not you tell me sit behind you? Why just standing there doing nothing more? "

He squinted at her, the words of this little girl suddenly very authority that he could not listen.

Like wanting to hide the wound on his knee, he knew she was trying to hide the wounds are tormented in her heart again. Because of that man ...

But he did not know what to do so he can heal her wounds here?