Strangers

Strangers In Jeju do
 



 


1.

Who would have imagined that, first words that Kang Sora told 'Strangers' is a cursing. She sat on the couch, leaving this tall guy squatted and bandaged the wound on her knee while drop the line of thinking in Jeju's sea wind.

More than a year after hearing Lee Teuk missing in a specialized investigation projects with Interpol, Sora almost became a different person. She was a lot quieter. They told her the members had seen him fall down the cliff by their own eyes, and he was even shot by an assassin before, and that the capability he would be alive is extremely meager. Hearing those words, in a moment, she gone blank, choking pain full in her heart made her breathless. Seem to be too drained to cry. Maybe ... because she did not believe, can not believe to lost him forever.

It's been months, every day she tried her best searching for clues, every night she hugs a picture of him cry until fatigue asleep. Every morning wake up, the first thing she did was call the center of Interpol. Many times Sora blamed herself why not hold him back, sometimes shaking the thought of him lying cold in somewhere, then scolded her self why can have such a scary thoughts like that.

Until two months ago, when Interpol announced her that they found his corpse...

She left everything behind in Mapo, alone runs to Jeju. Although not want to, but she forced herself to accept the truth. She needed time to rearrange her thoughts, it takes time to fill the gap so large that he leave. Now, sitting here, seeing the blue sky cloudless, feeling the sea breeze swept curls, she finds it really better.

"Don't you feef hurt at all, right?" - 'Strangers' has anointed with red medicine on her wound, he looked up at her, asked.

It seems he just ask for nothing because he was cold fishy face constant color, no express little curious to know the answer. So she said nothing.

Between this beautiful island, they are two lone travelers. Sora saw him many times in the past two months, in the city, in the market, the fishing villages, seaside cafe, and even at this racecourse, too. It seems that there are too many random things that turn into course. She knows where and when he would appear, and maybe this guys knows about her, too. Says today, she knows she will meet this guy here, and obviously he is riding Tibet black horses. However, both of them are just quietly pass each other. Totally be strangers.

She just have no idea that today they will talk with eachother.

The horse she was riding always inexplicably seizures, as soon as she took the reins, it boiled launched two front legs to gallop round the camp. She was scared to cross not one drop of blood, just know gripped the reins. Once the horse is about to plunge into the wood, she heard a voice doang, startled horse rears an echo her to heaven and filled the inertial she had been thrown away a piece.

Just open your eyes, the first thing she saw was a horse lying on the grass, and he, holding a pistol in his hand. Such thinking up anything, she quickly stood up and shouted: "Damn it, are you crazy?"

He raised an eyebrow: "What?"

"Why did you shoot him?" - She pointed to the horse, angry yelled.

"How funny ... I still wonder what was happened..." - he smirked, making her increasingly angry, then he returned to face impassive state always - "If I had not shoot the horse, can' t you image what would have happened? "

"Even if I have injured, it's my business. Did I ever ask you for a help or what? Moreover, you even killed an animal! "

"I killed it?" - He laughed, chuckled little voice in his throat and then as heard something very funny, he laughed a long colon.

Sora furrowed brow tight, fist balled. He smiled what? What's so funny that? For him, killing a horse is that fun? She hurried to step in front of him, even when the timing for one guy, the guy holding the gun up shaking, told her in the face, grinning: "This is the only gun for anesthesia, you idiot."

Sora turns blank. It was not a real gun? She stammered: "But just then I heard sound of a gun ..."

Still laughing, he looked at Sora then caressed the short gun: "It is expensive toy lady, good effect of course"

Then she sighed with a: "So this is, I thought you killed it then. Thanks God! Thank you. "

"I can't understand what on earth happened with you, are you an idiot or a machine?" - He said, at the same time carry her upon his hands walking ahead.

"What are you doing?" - Sora was stricken

"Do you know that... your knee is bleeding? 
Blood flows into the sea here. And ... "- he said -" ... I'm Kim Woo Bin "

"..."

Then what? I don't want to know your name. Sora thought.

...



Sora used to play a game called guessing personality with him, this guy seems very mysterious, tall guy with big, angular face and haughty temper. His eyes is cold and shark, dark and long eyebrows, the radiation emitted atmosphere. She remembered once in a coffee shop and that, the staff even dropped the tray when touch his eyes.

Now think again, she had never seen him smile. Already when he laughed, she thought, can't believe he knows how to smile. And... can't deny, his smile is really nice, all lines of his face softened a lot, make him just like a mischievous boy.

"It done." - Woo Bin, who had finished bandaged for her, standing up.

"Thank you." - Sora looked up, smiled and stood up, she turned and limped away.

"May I help you? You seem hard to walk by yourself"

"Do not bother. I can"- she said without turning head.

"You may not mind but I had said my name ..." - this time Sora stopped, turning her head and caught Woo Bin smiled again, he touched the eyebrows - "in case you forget, I'll say it again, I am Kim Woo Bin. "

Sora seemed to hear the rattle, invisible wall between them are cracking down. And Kim Woo Bin is creating cracks that.

"I am Kang Sora" - she replied.

"So that is. Um, then... we are not strangers anymore.