i don't

Kaleidascope

A few heads had turned their attention to the small boy who’d interrupted the performance on stage. One of those heads was Luhan’s. The boy’s voice had trailed off. I felt my face turn a deep red, my eyes widening slightly. I ran off stage just able to catch a giggle from Luhan. I was beyond embarrassed and knew I would likely never hear the end of it from Eomma.

“What were you thinking!?” My instructor whispered harshly and clutched my elbow roughly. He’d had less patience than usually. I winced in pain but said nothing. If wanted guilt, he would get it. I imagine a look of remorse was already plastered over my face.

“Jeosonghabnida” I bowed politely and tried to disappear further back stage. Luhan continued to sing despite my minor delay. I covered my eyes every time Luhan glanced to the side to see me, The few times our eyes met was enough for me to sigh aloud.

Luhan’s song finished all too soon. The crowd went wild with applause. Right then I didn’t even care that being a singer was my eomma’s ambition for me. I wanted them to clap for me that way. Before I knew it Luhan ran off stage from the roars and ran into my arms.

“What did you think, Minseokkie?” Luhan asked wrapping his arms around my neck. I looked out to the audience who were still going crazy and almost wanted an encore.

“Why didn’t you take a bow?” I asked at the boy emitting sparkles and happiness in every direction.

“Didn’t need to” Luhan gushed. I finally hugged his thinner frame back and buried my head in his shirt. Luhan smelled like expensive perfume. Like the kind my eomma would wear whenever she brought home another stranger.

“Minseok you’re on soon” My instructor called as he ushered the next child on stage. Luhan giggled. I kept my head in place continuing to breath in his scent. The angel’s smell was intoxicating.

“I like you Minseokkie” Luhan chuckled my hair. I finally pulled my head up, not caring if my hair was a little messy. I suddenly felt sick to my stomach. Could have been nerves. But it must have been the sudden pressure I felt to be just as good as Luhan.

“Luhan-ah” I whined “I don’t feel so good”

“Oh no” he felt my forehead and frowned “you don’t look not good, you’re just a little sweaty”

“Your turn Minseok”

“Fighting!” Luhan encouraged, letting me go. I smiled weakly and staggered onto the stage. All of my embarrassment returned. The judges at the table stared me down. I knew they didn’t like me. They had probably all agreed that Luhan would win and I was just the kid who interrupted their precious winner. I gulped as someone handed me a mic.

“A-annyeonghasaeyo--” I was cut off by the mics feedback. I covered my ears at the high pitched frequencies and tried to relax. My stomach growled. I didn’t want to be hear. I couldn’t handle this. I eyed one of the judges who was tapping her pen impatiently on the table.

“Sing” my mom mouthed from the audience.

I brought the mic up to my mouth again hesitantly and tried to sing the first few notes. “Gwi-gwi-gwiyomi gwiyomi” my voice cracked. I squeezed my eyes shut a moment.

“Choko meopin han jogak sikyeonoko” The audience simply stared at me. “Choko meopin han jogak sikyeonoko” I swore I saw one of the judges role their eyes. “Seoro sonbadak wie yeppeun nakseoreul hajyo”

And then I felt it again. The pain in my stomach. I doubled over, hugging myself. There was no way I could do this. I was already an embarrassment to my mother for wandering on stage in the middle of another kid’s performance and now I was screwing my own up. I guess I deserved it. I deserved to fail. I was a failure. And then..

“Bleeeehhhhh”

Right. All Over. The. Stage.

I wiped my mouth and backed away from my mess. I was done for. I bowed apologetically, ready to leave. When I heard Luhan call from back stage “Keep singing!” I glanced in his direction “Wooooo! Minseokkie fighting!! Wooooo!”

I gulped again, swallowing back the awful taste in my mouth. I opened my mouth to sing but nothing came out. One of the backstage crew was already motioning me off to clean the stage. I was through. There was no way I would be able to sing that day. Then I heard a sweet voice singing from back stage.

“Hannun paljima nuga mworaedo naekkeo” The audience’s judging eyes finally left me for a moment. Luhan was facing me, trying to get me to sing the echo of the line. When I stayed still he sang again “Hannun paljima nuga mworaedo naekkeo”

“N-naekkeo”

Luhan took one step forward. “Dareun yeojarang maldo seokkjima nan nikkeo”

“Nan nikkeo” I echoed with a soft smile. Luhan smiled back at me, causing me to feel a warm sensation in my chest.

“Saekki songarak geolgo kkok yaksokhaejwoyo”

“Jeoldae na honja naebeoryeo duji ankiro” I sang grinning widely. Luhan ran on stage and hugged me tightly. He pulled away happily and faced the audience. From there we sang in unison with actions and everything.

Ildeohagi ileun gwiyomi

Eeldeohagi eeneun gwiyomi

Samdeohagi sameun gwiyomi

Gwigwi gwiyomi gwigwi gwiyomi

Sadeohagi sado gwiyomi

Ohdeohagi ohdo gwiyomi

Yukdeohagi yukeun jjokjjokjjokjjokjjokjjok gwiyomi nan gwiyomi”

As soon as we finished the other verses the audience leapt to their feet with glee and cheered loudly. I got it. I got my applause and it felt really good. Luhan leaned in so I could hear him over the crowd “Take a bow”

I nodded and bowed theatrically. Luhan giggled and clapped but I couldn’t help but notice the attention was still focused on Luhan. They probably thought it was adorable that he rescued my act. But I decided not to let it bug me. It wasn’t worth the worry. I hugged Luhan again and pressed my lips to his cheek. I swore I heard my mom gasp and call out to me from the audience but I didn’t care. I already knew I was in love

***

 

Chanyeol

“So are we getting split off into temporary groups today?” I asked one of the fifth year students, Taeyeon.

"Yep, Mrs Gong posted the list this morning” she smiled before sauntering over to her friends and announcing their group for the time would be TaeTiSeo. I went over and looked at the list.

“How come they’re the only group of three?” I asked Kai.

“This is clearly rigged. They never let anyone come in between their friendship. I mean lets be real, do you really want to work with them?” Kai asked trailing his finger down the list till he found his name “yesss, I’m with Luhan, Hyoyen, Henry, Eunhyuk and Taemin”

“I dunno I mean they seem okay to me” I said shrugging. I only knew Taeyeon from my vocals class.

“Trust me, you don’t wanna work with them. They’re drama with a capital D” Kai exclaimed.

“Aren’t they all?” Kris appeared behind me, wrapping his strong arms around my waist.

“Yah!” Hyoyeon who happened to be standing nearby, whacked Kris on the arm playfully. “Says the king of drama”

"Hey" I leaned back and pecked Kris's lips a couple times.

"I missed you" he murmured in between kisses tightening his grip on my waist.

Minseok

"Ugh get a room" I called from between the two love birds PDA-ing up the dance room yet again. 

"Oh! Minseok hyung!" Chanyeol leaped from Kris's arms and stood in front of me. I didn't bother covering up my look of discussed. It was the end of the day, I was tired and I was down right pissed off. "What group are you in?"

"I don't know" I snapped "I haven't had a chance to check."

"Hyung.." Chanyeol looked bewildered, If he was anyone else right now, I'd be on my knees, kissing his feet and appologizing for yelling as if I killed his first born.

"Excuse me" I grumbled and pushed through the other students who were standing around and talking like they had nothing better to do. I looked at the list till I found my name. I was surprinsingly a group leader this year. I read off the names in my head: Myself, Jongdae, Yixing, Tao, Kris and Chanyeol. I grit my teeth. I didn't want to have to be in a group with two members that woudl likely be face during every rehearsal.

"Aiisshh" Luhan sighed beside me, I felt my shoulders tense up. "Minseokkie" my eyes widened slightly at his nickname. He hadn't called me that in years.. "Looks like we won't be together" Luhan pouted hugging me. I was too stunned to shrug him off. "Minseokkie"

"Luhan-ah~" I called back softly. I stared at the ground, shuffling out of the way of the list. I didn't care that Luhan was still attached to me. "We have to train"

"Minseokkie~ I wanna ask if I can switch to be with you" he said still pouting. I felt myself fighting my own thoughts. I could feel memories resurfing and I wanted nothing to do with any of them. I refused to accept Luhan back, now at least. 

"Don't" I said gently touching his arms. I noticed I had an ounce of patience left today...just for him.. "You're with good students. You should stay in that group" 

Luhan nodded and pecked my cheek quickly before I could protest and left. I touched my face, unphased, I wish that had the affect it used it. One reason I hated all PDA was it reminded me that I couldn't feel that way towards anyone anymore. At least not anyone I wanted to feel that way for.

"You comin' Minseok?" Yixing called with a smile. I gave a thumbs up and set my bag down at the side. A couple of the fifth years lead the warm up before we were free to our own groups. Jongdae and Tao had both brought an idea to the table. They wanted to do a song called Thunder for the mini showcase coming up. The mini showcase was pretty much exactly what it sounded like. It was a showcase that took place before the big talent show to help the teachers figure out final groups and such. 

"I'm good with Thunder" I said shrugging.

"I think we should do the song Run" Yixing suggested"

"I like the song Love Love Love" Kris joined in.

"Wu Yi Fan, not everyone is fortunate enough to know mandarine so come up with something for the rest of us please" I growled at him. I didn't care if I seemed rude to him. That deserved it.

"It's Kris" the latter corrected. "And why not just learn the lyrics? You wouldn't ever have to learn mandarine or use it again"

"I think we should do BIGBANG's Fantastic Baby" Chanyeol called in. 

"No one likes that song anymore" Tao replied.

"I do" Chanyeol retorted

"No one cool likes that song anymore!"

"Yah!"

"Guys!" I called everyon'e attention back. "We can perform two songs, so lets focus on one we really wanna sing and one we'd better off dancing to as well as singing"

"My vote's still on Thunder" Jongdae said. 

"We should dance to SISTAR's Touch Ma Body just to troll everyone" Tao chuckled. 

"You really just wanna shake your on stage dont you" Yixing face palmed.

"Yeah so?"

"I know who's I really wanna shake" Kris smirked leaning over to embrass Chanyeol.

"Yah! Focus!" I snapped my fingers in front of them. I took a deep breath and sighed. "What do we wanna call ourselfs?"

"How about Chanyeol's Lovers" Kris suggested.

"No way in hell!"

"I like Sonic Beat" Jongdae offered.

"You and your Sonic " Tao scoffed.

"Actually he has a duck " Lay teased.

"Shut up!"

"Why not MJTLKC, one letter for each of our names" Chanyeol suggested.

"Well you're team leader" Yixing replied "Your call"

"We should call ourselves...Happy Virus..after Chanyeol" Kris suggested. He finally sounded serious. 

"He's more than a happy virus" Yixing cut in "he's a kaleidascope of good vibes"

"That's it! Kaleidascope. That's our name" I decided. I sat feeling proud of myself. I'd finally had a happy moment in my miserable day. And then everyone's phones buzzed.

Luhan: Great rehearsal today everyone! Party at my place tomorrow night! XD

"Oh for pete sake!"