✿ Can U Smile ✿

✿ Cherry Blossoms ✿
CHERRY BLOSSOM
"I want to do with you what spring does with the
cherry trees"
 

"Chae Ri-ah~" Mrs. Do (a female doesn't have to change her last name in *some-not sure all* Asian countries once she gets married so Do is Chae Ri's mom's real/original last name and I will also be sticking with Do because it's shorter so please try to keep that in mind for the remainder of the fanfic) sang as she heard the door open and close. "Ne, eomma?" Chae Ri replied, confused as her why her mother seemed extra cheerful today. "Well, Myungsoo's parents just called and said that they have to extend their business trip and they don't want to leave their SooSoo-," she said, but was interrupted by Chae Ri's laugh, but continued anyways, "alone. She told me where the keys were and I put a note on a table, telling him all about that," she finished with a small chuckle. "W-wait, so let me get this straight. You are indirectly telling me that he's going to come over here and live here with us until ajumoni and samchon come back?" Chae Ri said, figuring out what her mother meant despite her not telling me a lot of the details. "Mhm, I can't really beat around the bush with you, now can I?" Mrs. Do chuckled again. "B-but we don't even have a spare room!" Chae Ri said, trying to make an excuse. It's not because she didn't want to see Myungsoo or hate him or whatever, but she just wasn't fully prepared for it, seeing her first/only/childhood love after almost a decade, she just wasn't mentally prepared yet. "It seems you forgot about this house. There's another room right next yours, remember?" Mrs. Do reminded "... Hold on!" Chae Ri said before rushing back up stairs to see if what her mother said was true. She put her bag in her room before going down again to ask her mother more questions. "Wait, but isn't that the room that has a bathroom that connects to mine?!" she asked. "You're right! Well, then you can have sleep overs like old times or hang out," Mrs. Do winked att her daughter, hinting a double meaning. "EOMMA!!!!" Chae Ri screeched, embarrassed even though know one heard what she said. "Mwoh?" Mrs. Do asked, feigning innocence. "Aish," Chae Ri muttered before going up to her room to start on her homework.

When Chae Ri walked into her room, she plopped down on her comfy bed, feeling a bit overwhelmed. "Omo omo omo, this is happening way to quickly," Chae Ri sighed into her pillow. She turned so her face was not being suffocated by the pillow and played with her cherry blossom necklace. She considered it her lucky charm and it usually soothed her when she wasn't feeling the best. Her thoughts started with not being ready to see him to her insecurities. 'What if I'm not pretty enough?' 'What if he doesn't feel the same way?' 'What if he isn't what I thought he would be?' 'What if he broke his promise......?' "Andwae! He isn't that type!" she said to herself. Feeling more uncomfortable due to her uniform, Chae Ri went to her closet and took out her pajama for the autumn/winter-her favorite Korilakkuma onesie with her matching Korilakkuma slippers/boots. She went to her drawer and took out a white tank top and a pair of pajama shorts since she tend to feel when she doesn't wear at least 2 layers of clothing (undergarments not included). Chae Ri entered her bathroom and started to strip her uniform off, checking to see if anything was dirtied on the blazer and/or skirt. She put the dress shirt in the wash basket and the hung the blazer and skirt, putting the ribbon near her contacts. She turned the hot water on and took a nice bath (not shower), taking her time to relax herself like she usually did. After awhile of bathroom meditation, she decided to scrub herself clean and wash her hair before getting out of tub. She dried herself with a towel and started putting on her clothes along with her necklace. She tied her wet hair into a messy bun after she half dried it. When she checked the time it was only 4:52 PM and dinner didn't start until 6:30 PM or later so she decided to spend the remaining time doing homework and studying. Around 5:15, she heard the door open and shut downstairs and continued to her studies, knowing that it was her mother back with the groceries.

After several minutes, the delicious smell of grilled hanwoo wafted into Chae Ri's room. She quickly finished her homework and followed the scent into the kitchen, where her mother was grilling the meat. Mrs. Do was finishing up grilling the meat and after Chae Ri glanced at the table in the dining room that was in front of the living room, where the table was full and as if it was meant for an elite party. Chae Ri was almost in drooling-state until she noticed that the television was on in the living room. "Eomma, don't waste money and increase our bills when you don't even watch Crime Scene," Chae Ri scolded as she made her way to the living room, ignoring whatever excuse her mother was saying. Just as Chae Ri was about to grab the remote, she noticed that it was in the hands of a boy who would obviously be Myungsoo and Chae Ri knew that. She also knew that he was the Myungsoo Hyena was dating. Her breath hitched and she almost stopped breathing. "Surprise!" Mrs. Do yelled from the kitchen. "M-Myungsoo op-oppa?" Chae Ri asked, almost breaking into tears. "So it was you, Chae Ri," he answered, his face in a small barely visible smile. As those words left his lips, Chae Ri broke down letting out a little gasp, but covered it with her hand. She was feeling mixed emotions; happy because she finally saw him after almost a decade of separation, but more so betrayed because he broke their promise. "Dinner is ready~" Mrs. Do sung, unaware of situation and tension between the two that just formed. Chae Ri grabbed a tissue and quickly wiped her tears, thankfully, it only just began so there was no need for her to blow her nose. "Are you alright?" Myungsoo asked, putting an arm on her shoulder, but she shoved it away, whispering, "Don't touch me." Chae Ri walked into the dining room, leaving a confused Myungsoo standing there. After giving up trying to figure out what made her upset, he shrugged it off and decided to talk to her later. "Myungsoo-ah, are you coming?" Mrs. Do asked, making him realize that he was still standing there in the living room. "Ne!" he replied and scurried to the dining room, taking the seat next to Chae Ri. Dinner went on quietly, and they only spoke when Mrs. Do asked them a question. Mrs. Do was obviously oblivious to the awkward tension between the two of them.

After helping Mrs. Do cleaned the dishes, Chae Ri headed upstairs to her room. She opened the door and plopped down on her bed as she heard the shower running on the other side. 'Wae?! Why did he break his promise?! I thought he loved me. He said he would wait for me!' Chae Ri asked herself, causing her further frustration. She let out a heavy sigh before going to her laptop and pressed the power button. After it finished loading, Chae Ri entered her password: chaesoomyungri143, reminding herself that she needed to change her password and clicked the Skype icon. Since it was around the time Gwen and Phoebe would be on their way to school, Chae Ri pressed the video chat icon for their group chat and waited for them to answer which didn't take long since in less than 2 seconds, both girls answered instantly. "Mornin' girl~ well evening for you anyways," Gwen and Phoebe squealed. "Hayeee and mornin'!" Chae Ri smiled; her best friends could always make her happy. "It feels so empty without you here! Promise to visit us soon?" Phoebe pouted. "Of course. I always keep my promises," Chae Ri replied, adding an edge to the last sentence. "So how's it goin' with lover boy?" Gwen winked with a teasing smile. "Fabulous. Jennifer fabulous," Chae Ri answered, faltering her smile. "What?! He Jennifer-ed?! OH MY GOD. You are so lucky mid-winter break is only two days away and that we got permission and tickets to go to Seoul. He's going to get his a** whooped!" Gwen exclaimed with Phoebe following with a "yeah!". "That's sweet of you, but I don't want even more drama than I already have," Chae Ri chuckled. "But isn't today like your first day of school?" Phoebe asked. "Yeah. I know right? The Andrea here is a hell lot worse than Andrea though," Chae Ri sighed. "Anyways, not to damper your party even more, but what's the problem with lover boy?" Gwen asked. "Ugh, he's learning English so I'll switch to CGPL. So, like Hyena duh 'Andrea' of my new shcool is dotting ham and duh fuct dat it's wath her moiks it a hall lat horse dan jast baking the prom is (So, like Hyena is the 'Andrea' of my new school is dating him and the fact that it is with her makes it a hell lot worse than just breaking the promise)," Chae Ri said. "OH MY GOD. IF HE DOES ONE MORE THING TO HURT YOU, YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO HOLD BE BACK!" Gwen said out of anger. "GWEN! We're here! Sorry Cherri, honey, school's awaiting though we would rather cut, but then we would be in detention," Phoebe apologized. "Talk to ya later, boo," Gwen said. "Love ya," Chae Ri replied before dismissing the call. After thinking about what to do, Chae Ri felt the cool silver of the cherry blossom necklace on her skin. She looked at it before deciding to undue the clasp. She walked towards her vanity table and opened the lid of her jewelry box with a key. Chae Ri stared at the necklace one last time, a tear rolling down her cheek before she placed it carefully in the box and locked it. The click of a door shutting didn't reach Chae Ri's ears as she made her way comfortable on her bed which now felt hard. Chae Ri closed her eyes as she tried to make herself sleep. On the other side of the wall behind the bathroom was Myungsoo who had this knee up against his chest as he sat on his bed, tears rolling down his cheeks, lips, and chin. He was going to surprise Chae Ri but when he opened the door a crack, he saw Chae Ri putting her necklace in the box and that's when he realized why Chae Ri was upset at him. Chae Ri knew about Hye Na and he knew that breaking up with Hye Na would only cause Chae Ri trouble.

A/N: Hirro~ I'm sorry for the long wait, I've finally finished this chapter, but I'm not sure if the title fits this chapter. If you think other titles would fit this better comment below. Now to the important stuff: O M S!!! THE NEW INFINITE ALBUM/MUSIC VIDEO. BAD IS AMAZING AND SOMETHING DIFFERENT THAT WASN'T EXPECTING XD BUT IT'S AMAZING AND IT FEELS LIKE THE LINES ARE MORE EQUALED OUT OR MAYBE THERE WAS TOO MUCH BAD BAD BAD BAD Bet a bad bad girl! Anyways, sleep calls. Enjoy ^-^ I would like to see you guys comment. After this is completed, I would like to make another version that's not a fanfic so it could be published. If you find any mistakes comment so I can fix them. Oh and here's a little bit of background on Andrea and Jennifer that won't appear. Andrea: popular girl at Chae Ri's old school. Jennifer: Old friend that back stabbed them. Buh bye and I'll be putting majority of other stories on hiatus excluding the The Other Me which I will link tomorrow or something. I have summer school so I'm sorry. Sleep, here I come! BTW I SPENT AND MORE THAN AN HOUR FOR LIKE 3 PARAGRAPHS. Good night and morning and afternoon! ♥