✿ Prologue ✿

✿ Cherry Blossoms ✿

✿ Prologue ✿

"Chae Ri, I have amazing news to tell you!" Cherri's mother told her daughter, grinning from ear to ear during dinner.

"What is it, umma?" Cherri questioned with her curious and beady eyes.

"We are going back to America!!!" Cherri's mother exclaimed happily.

Cherri stopped eating her tangsuyuk midway.

Going to America meant leaving Korea and leaving Korea meant leaving Seoul and leaving meant leaving her house which meant she won't be neighbors with the Kims anymore and not being neighbors with the Kims meant not being with Myung soo.

"Aren't you excited?" her mother laughed excitedly, clearly not paying attention to her daughter.

"Mom! What about Seoul? What about the Kims? What about my friends?!" Cherri started saying in English.

"We're moving, honey. Don't you miss America? The wide buildings, the safer driving . . . I'm glad that you still remember your English . . ." her mother trailed off.

"I was 3! I don't remember a thing!" Cherri stated matter of factly.

"It's fine, you'll love it there anyways. Now, speak English as much as possible, I don't want to have you to take classes," her mother ignored her, still excited to go to America.

"Jebal, umma! I wanna stay here!" Cherri whined, something she rarely does.

"Oh don't be such a drag. I guarantee that you will love it there. Now get packing, we're going to be moving in about 2 weeks," her mother commanded.

"Where are we even going to stay in America anyways?" Cherri questioned, trying to make her stay here longer.

"In our old home in New York of course!" she stated like it was obvious.

"Umma~ Please let me stay. You can go and I can stay here with the Kims or whoever, honestly," I told her.

"But you'll be homesick and I'll miss you as well," Mrs. Lee walked over to her daughter and picked her up, like she was still 5 years old.

"I know, I'll miss the Kims as well, but this is for our future. Your father's business is going great and he wants to spread the business sooner than later," she explained the main cause of this.

"I won't be homesick! Just let me stay here!" Cherri wailed.

"Oh honey, stop. You know you can't get out of this," Mrs. Lee said to Cherri as they walked up the stairs to Cherri's room.

"Noo! Let me go, umma!" she said, trying to free herself from her mother's grasp, however, being only 8 years old with thing arms and legs wasn't helping her. After a few minutes, Cherri gave up, but she was still thinking of escaping.

"Now, stop whining and start packing honey. Just don't try to pack everything here," her mom told Cherri before leaving the room. Just then, an idea came to Cherri.

Cherri grabbed a suitcase and filled it with her favorite clothes and toys and her school supplies. She quietly brought the lone suitcase with her school bag on her back and walked down the stairs, she quickly and quietly tiptoed towards the door and slipped on a pair of shoes, grabbing 2 others as she opened the door and quickly walked out, shutting the door as quietly as possible.

Cherri ran as fast as she could towards the Kims' house which was right next door and rung the doorbell again and again until Myung soo opened the door. Without saying anything Cherri stepped inside, slipped off her shoes and dragged her belongings up to the spare room where she would stay for sleepovers.

She heard Myung soo's foot steps following behind her up the stairs.

"So, what brings you here?" he questioned, eyeing her suitcase.

"I'm running away from home," she stated, like it wasn't obvious enough.

"Why? Did something happen? And it's right next door ya know?" he questioned.

"Because . . . we're moving back to America," she whispered, barely able to even say those words.

"Mwoh?!" Myung soo exclaimed.

"You're joking, right?" he asked even though it was obvious that he believed her.

"Why would I?" Cherri glumly said, crouching on the floor, knees towards her chest as she rested her head on them.

Cherri closed her eyes, wishing it was just a nightmare, but it wasn't. Tears that she didn't even notice started to trickle down her cheeks. Soft footsteps were heard, coming towards her. He sat next to Cherri and held her in his arms, comforting her as best as he could.

He knew that it's impossible to try to convince Cherri's parents in to letting her stay here, already knowing that she tried. The silent tears turned into sobs as they dampened Myung soo's shirt.

✿ ✿ ✿ 2 Weeks Later ✿ ✿ ✿

"You promise you will always remember me?"

"Ne!"

"You promise you will wait for me?"

"If you do."

Cherri's eyes were b with tears, but still she managed to smile knowing that he was only joking, well she hoped he was. She was going back to America, where she was born in.

When Cherri was three, her family moved to Seoul, South Korea to earn more money since they weren't doing well in the USA then. 

Now that Cherri's father had started a small business that is growing, he wants to go back to America so he could spread his business.

Just as Cherri's tears started to slide down her cheek, Myung Soo pulled her into a warm hug. He too was crying. The two stayed like that until an announcement was made over the speaker.

"All going from Seoul to New York, please you have 5 minutes remaining before take off!" the announcement stated.

"Chae Ri! Let's get going!" Cherri's mother called after her. The two parted staring into each other's eyes for awhile, Myung Soo wiping Cherri's cheeks with his thumb.

"Annyeongheegaseyo, oppa!" Cherri whispered and just as she was about to walk away, he planted a soft, but passionate kiss on her formerly- lips.

"Stay safe, Chae Ri," Myung Soo whispered before seeing her back towards him and he did the same thing. Both walked opposite ways, but both had the same expression planted on their faces.

Cherri slowly walked up the ramp, she turned her head to see if Myung soo was still there, but he wasn't. She clutched on to her pink cherry blossom necklace, reminding her of the day when they first met, Now the necklace will also represent the last time they will be able to see each other for awhile. She breathed out one last time before continuing her way up towards the airplane.

'This is it. My final official steps in Seoul before leaving Myung soo oppa and Seoul itself,' she thought, finally entering the airplane.

She followed her parents towards their seats in economy class because they were a family of 3 and Cherri went to sleep right away since she couldn't last night.

'Good bye, Seoul. Good bye, oppa. Good bye, Eun Hye. Good bye, Ha Ri.'

CherryBlossomsDivLg%2B(1).png

A/N:

So, what do you think so far? I know this is might be like the typical childhood love/first love, moving away thing, but I'll try to make it as interesting as possible ^.^ I want to give credit to some people on wattpad that gave me inspiration for the main storyline, however, I don't want to spoil anything for you so I'm not going to reveal their names until this is finished...if I remember that is. I'm also making a wattpad version of this with a more American storyline or name or something so yeah, but I haven't started officially on that one yet so yeah. I'll also be posting this on wattpad. My wattpad u/n is seoulesscat (shown in the poster). Crie, this chap is so short D:

Night! ^_^

Original on Wattpad: ✿ Cherry Blossom ✿ - Wattpad