Chapter 8

It Hurts... [SEASON 2]

Dear "It Hurts... [Season 2]" Reader

Happy new Year 2012! May the New Year bring you love, joy and prosperity!

This will be my last update for a while so I've decided a little consolation and hiatus gift is overdue.


Here's CHAPTER 8!

I've got my senior year exams which will pretty much determine whether I get into a college or not.
Hopefully I'll be a college student by the time I get back to you!

I love you guys! I hope you will continue to read this!

Much love xoxo <3 TatiiLee





CHAPTER 8

 

(Shim Changmin’s P.O.V)

As the elevator chimed shut. I remained frozen. I couldn’t move. Chae. Lee Chae-rin. She had changed, she wasn’t kidding. I just didn’t expect that.

I watched the numbers on the screen go down. I decided it was best to walk away after I watched the screen show “G” (ground floor) and not come back up.

I mentally smacked myself.

Did I actually expect her to come back?

I knew I’d done her wrong, but what could I do? I’d die if I went back to her. Dara wouldn’t spare a second thought about stopping my treatment if she knew I was divorcing her. She’d probably substitute my medication with something that would trigger my demise a little earlier.

I wondered.

What if I completed the medication.. Would she let me go then? After the chip disintegrated, would she just let me be? Or would I be indebted to her? She’d put me on a guilt trip about it. But then again, she was the one who’d slipped me the chip. A defective prototype at that.

I sighed.

I was supposed to pick her up and I was only a few feet away from their conference hall, but I my heel before she came out and made my way home quickly.

“Home..” I muttered.

It wasn’t really home. It was a penthouse apartment that Dara and I’d been sharing ever since we’d been “married”. We shared a bed but we kept to our sides. If one of us was watching the television, the other would keep as far away as possible from the living room. If one of us was in the kitchen, the other would be in the workroom/studio.

We barely conversed, except for the daily, “It’s your turn to pick up groceries” or the occasional “Our parents will be here at eight”.

But Dara would make breakfast for me every morning. She would always leave early and always finish hers before I woke up, but she’d slam the bedroom door open every morning and say, “I made too much breakfast, finish it or I will kill you,” or “I made breakfast but I wasn’t hungry. It’s still warm so get out of bed.”

She pretended to hate me. I knew. I was her first love. She was mine. But things happened and we broke up. And then I met Lee Chae-rin.

And I fell hard.

Dara.

Park Sandara.

“Just another girl who hates me. Just another broken heart. Just another girl driving me crazy. Girl I don’t know where to start..” I hummed as I drove home. I chuckled at my lyrics.

I tuned out of my complicated thoughts about Dara and Chae-rin by turning up the music.

I needed space and I needed it now. Just one night without girl problems. One night without anyone to tell me what to do. Nobody telling me what’s right and what’s wrong. Thats what I needed.

With that goal in mind I drove swiftly towards the ‘Majestique’ club in downtown Seoul. Only to stop a block before I reached. If I wanted to go to a club, it’d have to be somewhere else. ‘Majestique’ was a hotspot for several celebrities. I didn’t want to cause a scene somewhere BoA or Se7en might be partying at so I turned around feeling rather disappointed.

I drove for what seemed like hours with the radio up. Only to slam the brakes when I heard a new programme on the station.


RadioHost: Anneyong haseyo everyone! Welcome to ‘That New Hottie’!

(applause)

RadioHost: Well, on today’s show – we’ve got FOUR new hotties who’ll be hitting the K-Pop scene verrry soon!

(applause)

RadioHost: 2NE1!


What? Radio show?

I looked at my watch. It’d been only about three hours since that fight. Hadn’t Chae-rin walked out of the building? Did Teddy round them all up so soon? The whole thing was barely official. They couldn’t have already launched. Especially not an official group.


RadioHost: Dara-ssi!

Dara: Anneyong haseyo!

(applause)


I gulped. This had to be Dara’s idea. I turned the volume up.


RadioHost: Bom-ssi!

Bom: Hi~~~

(applause)

RadioHost: Minzy-ssi!

Minzy: Heyya people!

(applause)


I gulped. This was it.


RadioHost: Hmm.. I’m curious. Lee Chae-rin hasn’t arrived?

Dara: I guess so. But she’s a very responsible leader, there’s no way she’d miss this without a very good reason.

Minzy: Chae-rin unnie’s probably stuck in her closet trying to decide what looks better – leopard or zebra print!

RadioHost: *laughs* Minzy-ssi, I didn’t know you were good at cracking jokes!

Bom: Ahhhhh only Bommie knows this, but Min-Min is very funny. *laughs* Especially when she’s asleep!

RadioHost: Do tell Bom-ssi!


As the three girls chattered on about nothing in particular I texted Yunho.

“Yun-hyung, find Lee Chae-rin and send her to the PressPlayStop Radio Station. She’s supposed to be at ‘That New Hottie’ with the others.”

In about fifteen minutes Yunho sent me a text back.

“Yup. She’s at the station! Thanks for the tip!”

I texted back quickly.

“Well, I didnn’t tell you, aight? Peace.”

The reply was just as swift.

“I would ask why, but I’m guessing you won’t tell. Min-ah, have I ever told anyone you still wear Pororo underwear?”

I replied with a voice message.

“Jung Yunho-ssi. I am an Evil Master Mind who is planning to overtake the world. Do not get on by bad books or you will not see the lights of tomorrow.”

I smirked at my immature prank. But my mirth was shortlived when I received a voice message of a loud cackling Yunho.

“Master mind wearing Pororo Underwear~~~”

I sighed before turning off my phone. It was about six so I decided to go on a drive before I went back to dungeon I called home.


20:00

I found myself at a part of town that I’d never been in before. It was definitely a trashy part of town. I observed the people entering a club. It was called “Get Wet”. I raised an eyebrow.

Tacky. Definitely tacky.

I parked far away leaving my valuables in the car. I left my blazer inside the car, along with my cell phone and cufflinks. I ed my black shirt till upto my navel and rolled up the sleeves till my elbows. My skinny jeans were black and tailored to be very fitting, nothing I could do about it. But I still felt out of place.

Everyone here dressed.. Like.. . Fishnets. Too much make up. Heels. Leather. I still looked like a rich kid.

I picked up a shard of glass and went back into my car locking it from the inside.

I cut a few parts of my jeans to make them looked ripped. I regretted every minute of it as its price tag flashed in my head but bit my lip and continued with the task at hand.

That’s when I found Dara’s make up in my car. After another look at the others near the club, I outlined my eyes with a black pencil poking my eyes several times in the process. I put on some red lipstick too. I needed to be unrecognisable. I looked at myself in the mirror, disgustedly.

“Unrecognisable,” I smirked. I looked almost like one of them and hoped to God they wouldn’t say anything.

Locking my car, I walked into the club.

Hungry looks were sent my way, both men and women. But no suspicions. I smirked back. No one knew who I was. So I took complete advantage of my day as YoungMin. I felt myself lose control, body over ridden with alcohol. I danced with a lot of people too. Not for too long though.

This was more fun than I’d had in a long time.