Chapter 7

It Hurts... [SEASON 2]

AT YG ENTERTAINMENT

"Where is she? I told you, we should've just replaced her!" snapped Dara.

I slammed the door open cooly not caring that I knocked over the vase on the shelf behind it. It crashed to the floor and the roses in it scattered.

Some of the water splashed around. Perhaps a drop hit my leg. In an ordinary circumstance I would've bent down and helped the girl who rushed in pick up the roses and the broken glass. Instead I grabbed a tissue from her and wiped the spot of water on my leg before throwing the tissue back on the ground.

I was going to apologize later.

I needed to keep my image up.

C.L. is THE baddest female.

"So, where were we?" I asked offhnadedly.

"Excuse me? You weren't even here to begin with and you think you can just barge in-" began Dara.

But I just looked over at Minzy and asked, " I haven't missed anything important have I?"

"Nah, we haven't started," she said cheerfully.

I saw Dara's face flush, but only for a second.

"We're all professionals here so I'd suggest you don't be late again," she said coldly.

"Taking the role as 'Leader' a little too serious, aren't we?" I said cooly as I took off my shades.

I flipped my hair over my shoulder before crossing my legs and glancing over at the others in the room. I saw Dara turn redder with every passing minute. I smirked. I was enjoying myself. I noticed Minzy trying not to giggle. I wanted to laugh with her but I needed to keep up the 'look'.

"So, shall we continue?" asked Bom cheerily. She winked at me without anyone noticing.

For about an hour and a half a director came in to discuss our image. Being a solo artist already, I didn't need to create a new one although I wanted to come back a little more dynamic than before.

My nick names were 'The Queen' and 'The Baddest Female'.

We spent the meeting mainly discussing the images of the other three members of 2NE1.

The whole time, I acted disinterested, aloof and cold. I examined my finger nails every time Dara would come up with something that would require my cooperation. I'd pretend not to hear things she was saying and ask her to repeat things all over again.

I didn't know why I was being such a brat. But I couldn't stop.

FINALLY, the meeting came to an end.

"Next time, I promise I won't be late," I said smirking at Dara as I pulled on my shades.

I picked up my bag and began to walk out.

As I approached the elevator, someone grabbed me by the arm.

Thinking it was Dara I turned around ready to give her a mouthful of attitude. Only to be standing face-to-face or to be precise, face-to-neck with Changmin.

"What do you think you're doing?" I began coldly. I was not going to falter again.

"Don't you think you're over doing it?" he asked.

There was slight anger in his voice mixed with his trademark snide sarcasm. I'd always thought he sounded really cool when he had done that. But then again, I'd never really been on the receiving end of it.

"I don't think what I do concerns you anymore," I said my words dripping with ice.

He looked a little taken aback. I'd never spoken to him that way. Even when I did, all he had to do was look into my eyes and he'd know the truth.

That's one of the many things I loved about him.

The way he could always tell when I was lying, what I was hiding, what I really felt. If this had been happening three years ago, perhaps he would have swiped the shades off my face. But now, we weren't close enough to do that.

"If you're still holding onto that anger you have against me, just hit me! Why do you have to take it out on innocent people?" he yelled.

I scoffed.

He wasn't here for me. He was just here to defend and protect his lovely beloved Dara.

"You haven't changed a bit," I said coldly.

"And you've changed. You're not the same Chaerin I used to know," he replied coldly.

"Sometimes, when people get hurt they change. Why? Do you want to change?" I asked cooly letting icicles hang from my words. "Then again, someone without a heart can't get hurt, can they?"

With that I freed my hand from his grip and walked into the elevator.

"Lee Chae-rin!" he yelled at me. It was in anger.

"Shim Changmin-ssi. Don't you think it's impolite for two people who have nothing to do with each other to not be using honorifics?" I stated coldly before letting the door close infront of his taken aback face.