Hum a Little Working Song!

All I Do

If you thought that working for a celebrity, especially one that you're technically doing a favor for, was easy, Yejin would be the first one to tell you that you were dead wrong. Because she thought the same exact thing when she started working for Byun Baekhyun. And she, like you, was also so far from right it was painful to reminense on the easy days. And it wasn't hard because of the hell of balancing school and work and other work, she had that under control. 

It's because she now had to deal with Byun Baekhyun's all the damn time. Literally, every other waking moment of her life she was plagued by reminders that she was working for him. Why?

Because he had gotten ahold of her phone number. In all honesty, Yejin did give it to him, but that was because he needed both her and Chen's number for work, insisting on texting themselves instead of getting Joonmyeon to do so. They hadn't thought anything of it. But now Yejin regrets even more each morning when she gets up because every time her phone dings, it's three options. Her mom, which is next to impossible because of the difference in time zones, Jongdae, which she started regretting less, and finally, and becoming the top option increasingly by the hour, was Byun Baekhyun. He was always asking her questions about school or reminding her of dates of certain things --

Buzzzzz. Buzzzzz.

Yejin groaned, looking at her phone. Think of the devil and he shall appear.

One New Message from: He ing Owes Me:
     remember that i have a photoshoot today ouo don't be late~~☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

Yejin let her head come into contact to the table in front of her, trying to withhold herself from something really insulting about his texting style. "It's like this guys types like a twelve year old girl... or even worse, a 'cool' mom who's discovered the emoji panel." She moaned quietly to Jongdae sitting next to her. They were sitting in their last lecture for the day, far in the back. Musical Theater to Film, and the professor was their joint advisor, so she was more than used to their antics and let them get away with more than they probably should be allowed. 

Jongdae, having gotten the same text, looked over with raised eyebrows, "You sure he ain't gay and Taeyeon's just a beard?"

Yejin had considered the possibility, like, really strongly considered it, but shook her head, "Listen. Only a straight man who is so comfortable in his skin would dare send us these kinds of texts." She pointed out, and Jongdae considered and nodded in agreement.

"We are pretty ruthless when we see someone unsure about their uality." He agreed, before waiting out the remaining twenty minutes of lecture. She was discussing how soon they'd be looking into how modern musicals would be produced on film and what materials they had to use. After, the two got changed, gathered their supplies (literally all of their stage makeup and Yejin's hair tools) and headed out to the photoshoot in Jongdae's two seater beat up car. This car had gotten him through five years, and they were hoping for at least three more before any major problems arised. And soon they were off to the photoshoot, plugging in the address Joonmyun had messaged them the day before. 

Honestly, it could have been worse, Yejin reasoned, fixing the back of Baekhyun's hair as Jongdae tried to fix his eyeliner. 

"Jo--Chen what the stop smothering his eyes they're gonna look like 2008 Avril Lavigne." Yejin rolled her eyes. Jongdae looked up with an eyebrow raised. "Literally no one knows who that is except you."

"Come on, 'Girlfriend' was a classic and everyone knew it-" 

They heard her before they saw her. The tell tale, "Baekhyunnie~" and the click of heels strutting towards them gave them only thirty seconds to mentally prepare themselves. Which is never enough, they've come to find out. 

"Hey there Bonnie and Keith." She half greeted, all but pushing Jongdae out of the way to be face to face with Baekhyun. Jongdae side eyed her, "Beth and Chen."

Taeyeon glanced up, flipping her hair, "Right, whatever. Anyways, Bennie--"

"Beth." Yejin repeated firmly, clutching her comb firmly. She would not throw it at her, she would be a good person --

"Excuse me, I was talking." Taeyeon had the nerve to look offended, as if she had not messed up Yejin's fake name twice and thought there was nothing wrong with it. 

So Beth cocked a brow, concentrating on Baekhyun's head, "And I have a name. So please, use the correct one or you'll be having a conversation with yourself and that's not good on whatever little brain you seem to have left." She glanced up, not missing the tell tale flush of anger in the girl idol's cheeks.

"Excuse me?" Taeyeon hissed, leaning over Baekhyun to get closer to Yejin's face. And Yejin didn't miss the tightening of Baekhyun's knuckles on the chair, and his foot tapping nervously. "B-beth--" He stuttered, catching her eye inthe mirror, pleading for her not to start something. She sighed, closing her eyes to mentally prepare herself for what she was about to say.

"Sorry Taeyeon," She gritted, "I'm on a tight schedule, so I'm a little high strung." She finished, turning from Baekhyun to go to her bag, rummaging through it as an excuse to breathe. Taeyeon, she found out, doesn't take a ing hint and followed her, heels imprinting themselves in Yejin's memory. Maybe she'd make a diss track to her, with the beat being the click of her heels, Yejin pondered the possibility. 

"Well, it's fine, I get it. But be careful who you run your mouth to, got it?" The idol had her hands on her hips, standing over Yejin as she bent down to her bag. Yejin sighed.

"...Yes ma'am." She choked out, deciding that yes, she would totally make a diss track. Anything she could listen to to make her anger ebb when she listened to it.

Taeyeon's smile was sickening, "Good! Now Bessie, as I was saying --" It took all of Yejin's self control to not strangle her. She decided to distract herself by thinking about what she'd diss Taeyeon about in this track. Not her body or face, for sure, even though the latter would be fun --

"Cosmetology?" She snapped back at the word, catching the end of Taeyeon's question.

Her eyes were wide, "Oh, I'm sorry, uhm, what? I missed that." Yejin explained, causing Taeyeon to roll her eyes. Yejinonce again used her self control to not hit her with the hairspray bottle. 

"Ugh, I'm not the one with the small brain, it seems." Deep breaths, Yejin, you do not need to go to jail. Yet. "I was asking you where you went for cosmetology."

"Youtube." Yejin said without thinking. Upon hearing a squeak of "OH MY GOD --" She looked over Taeyeon's shoulder to see Joonmyun panicking, hearing Yejin's answer and making gestures that no, apparently that was not something you could say. Taeyeon squinted at her, mouth frowning.

"Youtube? Like the website?" The idol asked, and Yejin's mind reeled for a minute.

"Oh, no, gosh, haha, I meant that for newer techniques and styles." Yejin laughed, hoping it was convincing. "I studied at Yonsei Total Cosmetology Academy for my last six months of training, but I was mostly overseas at uhm, Phangans' Central Oregon Beauty College." Internally, she was wondering where the hell those beauty schools came from and prayed that she had spoken correctly, or else she'd be in deep with Joonmyun, speaking of which, he was now at her side, still recovering from the panic from her earlier response.

"Right, that's totally where she went." Joonmyun nodded, looking at his phone, probably checking the validity of the schools that Yejin had rattled off. Taeyeon smiled, letting Yejin relax for half a second.

"Oh, that's so interesting!"

"Yeah, Yonsei was really nice, that's where I met Chen." Yejin continued, pointing over towards the male who was still applying eyeliner on Baekhyun. Yejin hoped that he was fixing it and not making a bandit's mask out of it instead. 

Taeyeon nodded, "Oh how cute! Are you two a couple?" Yejin bit her lip to keep from laughing.

"Whaty? Oh, god, no, we're uh," She snickered, "We're best friends--"

"SHE'S GAY." Joonmyun blurted, causing both Yejin and Taeyon to look at him in shock.

"What??" Yejin hissed, while Taeyeon's grin got even bigger, ignoring the other girl's glares.

"Oh, well that's even better news! I actually have a really cute lesbian friend if you're interested, Beth--"

It was Yejin's turn to panic and do damage control, "U-uh ahaha, thanks, but I just got out of a relationship, so I'd like to focus on my new career first before diving back in, you know?" 

Taeyeon nodded in understanding, even patting Yejin's shoulder, "Sure, sure, just let me know -- Oh!" She looked at her watch, probably studded with Swaroski crystals, "I gott go, I have a CF to film for Nature Republic. See you!" She ran over to air kiss Baekhyun's cheek before dashing off and out of the studio.

As soon as she was gone, Yejin muttered, "There ain't nothing natural about that ing face, I swear to god--" She grabbed the bottle of hairspray, heading over and finishing up Baekhyun's hair. This was his last shoot of the day, if she thought correctly, and they had a show tonight. The two of them should probably get going.

"Beth, holy , you're a genius--" Joonmyun praised, impressed that she had named real cosmetology schools, "Oh!! You aren't mad I told her you were gay, are you? I just panicked because I didn't want her to try and fire you because you were straight --"

"Listen, Joonmyun," Yejin cut him off, putting the hairspray away and putting her bag on her shoulder. "When I'm Beth here, I'm whatever you want. It's no big deal. I consider myself tragically heteroual anyways."

"Great!!"

"I swear to god," Yejin rolled her eyes, "Chen, come on, we've got other work." She called, gesturing to the time.

"Coooming ~" Jongdae playfully sang, placing the makeup back in the bag and packing up, making sure to leave makeup remover on the counter for when Baekhyun was done. At 'other work', Baekhyun perked up, looking over at the two in interest.

"Other work?? Can I come??" He asked, bright eyed and as always, eager. Yejin shook her head. "Baekhyun, you've got an hour left in this shoot. Stay."

"But--"

"Baekhyun, stay!" She commanded again, pointing a finger at him. After a few seconds, the idol huffed and sank back down in his chair, pouting. She smiled, "Good boy. Bye!" And with that, the two were off to the Lounge.


Yejin and Jongdae are at the lounge and are relaxing at the bar after their set. Another successful set of Beth&Chen, and after a long day, the two had decided to actually stick around and get a drink at the bar before headed out. Jongdae sipped on soda with the promise of Yejin's good whiskey she kept in her dorm since he was driving.

"Good, that was such a long day." Yejin groaned into her drink, her everything feeling heavy with exhaustion. 

Jongdae nodded in agreement, "Seriously though. At least tomorrow's Saturday!" 

Yejin tilted her glass towards him, "I'll drink to that." She sipped on her drink, revelling in the taste and the comfortable silence that came with the Lounge.

Buzzzz. Buzzzzz. 

Both looked down at the phone in horror. Yejin looked over at Jongdae, forcing a smile. "Maaaybe it's my mom, it's a semi-decent hour over in the States..." She convinced herself, opening the message.

New Message from He ing Owes Me:
    heeeey, i hate to ask but i have a reading for this musical me & tae are in ouo mind coming along~


Yejin: wtf why do u even need makeup for that ain't no one gonna care!!!

He ing Owes Me: yeah but... i thought u might like it? idk it's an old american musical and since u like music and yeah... i just wanted to ask...


Yejin looked up at Jongdae in resignation. "Goddamnit. He's a puppy I can't say no." She sent her acceptance text, and her phone then recieved four new messages all containing a vareity of emojis and sparkles. She groaned again.

"Whiiiiiiiipped." Jongdae snorted into his soda, and Yejin glared at him. "Jongdae, first off, shut up. Second, you're so coming too."

"WHY DO I HAVE TO SACRIFICE MY SATURDAY FOR A PUPPY??" 

"Because I said so. Let's go, I need a stronger drink and it looks like it's going to be a long day tomorrow."
 


Heeeeey all! I got another chapter for you all ouo I hope you enjoy! It's really starting just into get into character dynamics that'll last for the entirety of the fic, so I hope you all like it and enjoy ^^ As always, leave me comments about your thoughts, subscribe, upvote, etc, etc, because I like seeing my notifications light up! And as always, Happy Reading and Happy Sunday~
-Smile / Rye