Ring My Bell.

All I Do

The next day, it was like the argument had never happened. Taeyeon was happy, cooing over her boyfriend and they were acting like lovebirds once more. Joonmyun couldn't have been happier with how things are going, which, to him, should've been a sign that something was going to go terribly wrong. Kim Joonmyun could never just have an easy day, it seemed. While everything continued to be perfect and the Baekyeon power couple was going strong, smiling brightly and looking perfect, Joonmyun's phone starting buzzing a mile a minute. So he took a minute to step away form the general vinicity, looking through the incoming messages, his face becoming paler as things kept coming in.

    "WHAT." He let out a screech out when he scrolled to a particular one, startling everyone in the studio. He sent an apologetic smile towards the crew, before snapping his head back to his phone to check something.

"Sorry to interrupt, but Baekhyun can you come here?" He forced out, his voice an octave higher than where it usually was and that was never a good sign for Baekhyun. The idol singer came over, looking innocently confused, blinking his eyes. Joonmyun wanted nothing more than to smack that look off his face, but he was sure that if Baekhyun didn't retaliate, Taeyeon would actually murder him with her perfectly manicured nails and still look beautiful after she was done, blood splattered and all.

     "Is everything okay, Joonmyun?" Baekhyun asked, bringing the manager back to reality. He shook his head before shoving his phone into the star's face, hissing, "What is this?!" 

At the close proximity that the phone was to his nose, Baekhyun couldn't really make out the images. "What is... what?" Still perfectly innocent and confused and making Joonmyun want to tear his hair out.

     Joonmyun pulled the phone further away so he could see properly, "THIS." As Baekhyun looked through the pictures, some of better quality than others, but they were definitely of last night, the one where he... "How could you not mention this to me, Baekhyun???"

"It was an accident, look she's okay!" Baekhyun tapped a picture where the girl was sitting up, obviously not dead, even if she was a little banged up. She certainly hadn't acted like she was, if the brunette was remembering correctly.

    "Does the pap make it look like she's okay??" Joonmyun's voice when an octave higher, which was an even worse sign for Baekhyun. "Baekhyun, Baekhyun. This is why I have white hair."

Baekhyun looked at him for a moment. "...No that's because you dyed it."

   "Baek that's not the point!!" Joonmyun hissed, waving the phone with the photos around the singer's face, "The point is what are we going to do??? This is bad, Baek. Really bad! This'll be everywhere within a few hours!!"

Baekhyun thought seriously for a moment, trying to find a solution while his manager had a life crisis at 27 in front of him. "Oh! I got it!" 

     Joonmyun looked at him in false hope, "Please, tell me."

"Okay, so we find the girl!"

    "We find the girl." Joonmyun repeated dully.

He nodded furiously, "Yeah yeah! And we get a statement that it was an accident and there were no damages!" Baekhyun grinned at him, obviously pleased with what he thought was a well thought out plan.

     Joonmyun took a few minutes to breathe deeply through his nose, "Baek, you know that would be a great idea."

"Yeah??"

     "If we knew who the hell she was and if it wasn't obvious her bike was definitely damaged!!" Joonmyun was borderline hesterical at this point, zooming in on a picture where you could definitely see a slightly bent wheel and one of the handlebars close to falling off. 

Baekhyun was silent for a moment, thinking again. Sometimes Joonmyun really wished he wouldn't do that. "We'll buy her a new one?" It was more of a question than a statement, but it was enough to get the tell tale cry of, "Byun Baekhyun!" 

    The singer wasn't about to give up on his plan, no matter how poorly planned it seemed to his manager. "So we gotta find her, we can do that!" 

Joonmyun was throughly done with Baekhyun, but somehow managed a weak, "How, Baekhyun? How can we manage to find her in Seoul?" 

    "It can't be that hard to find a girl with a messed up hand and a ed up bike in this city, right??" The final exasperated sigh came fron Joonmyun, signalling that he had had enough of the all too innocent singer at the moment. He had to do damage control and fast, without the hair brained schemes of the idol he was in charge of. 

"Oh, your youthful innocence is going to ruin you one of these days, go away." Joonmyun waved his hand back to the set. 

    "But I mean--"

"No, Baek, just go. I'll fix this."
 


At college, most people weren't being handled by makeup artists or having to pose in designer clothes with all too bright lights and cameras flashing in your face so much that you think your eyes are blinded and your mouth hurts from forcing a smile too much. College students like Yejin were just have a grand old boring normal day. 

     "OH MY GOD BETH."

By boring, she meant ing annoying because Jongdae was her best friend and when was he ever normal.

Yejin didn't even look up from her laptop where she was typing away for a paper that should have been done last night, but procrastination happened to be her middle name and so here she was an hour before class, writing a paper like the pro college student she was. "Jongdae, my name is not Beth."

   "Christ, Yejin can't you just answer to either or??" Jongdae whined, sitting down next to her. Yejin shook her head, focusing on how to explain why Xiao Hong's 'Hands' was influnenced by Japanese culture due to --

"Look at this Byun Baekhyun article he's having a comeback!!" He announced, shoving his phone with the said article opened in front of her computer screen, breaking Yejin's concentration. She took ahold of the phone, eyes wide.

    "ing seriously!! -- I don't care." She dropped her excited tone halfway through, tossing the phone back to Jongdae and putting her attention back on her paper.

He gasped dramatically, clutching his phone to his chest, "What?? You love him!" He accused, finger pointing and all as she continued to type on the screen.

   "I do not!" She shot back, "I just greatly admire him." She only needed one more paragraph and she'd be done.

" why you always lying." Jongdae scoffed, "You have like three posters of his face in your dorm room."

   Typing noises.  "Don't talk to me."

"Whatever, I have class anyways. Talk to me when you are ready to face your love for Baekhyun!" Jongdae teased, tossing his bag over his shoulder and heading back down the hallway he had come from. Yejin shook her head, her eyes still not leaving her screen.

    "Why is he my friend again?"

Soon enough, she had turned in her paper and found herself at lunch, just minding her own business and decided to check the internet for updates. She hadn't gotten a look at that Baekhyun article and she was really interested in his rumored comeback...

     But that wasn't the only Byun Baekhyun article that caught her eye.

 Byun Baekhyun : Hit and Run?? 

Byun Baekhyun hits a fan on a bike and flees the scene!


The articles had certainly gotten a lot of attention, overflowing with comments on either how disgusted netizens were on how careless and insincere he was to devoted fans being confused and wondering what had really happened in the photos. Yejin scrolled past the articles, finding them pointless and knowing XO Entertainment, they'd release a statement clearing the whole thing up. It probably wasn't even Baekhyun.

    "Yejin, I've got a serious question for you." Jongdae's voice interrupted her casual scrolling, gaining her attention. He was looking at his own device in confusion, taking his seat next to her.

"I've got a probably not serious answer for you." She quipped, but when Jongdae didn't retaliate, she sobered up. "Okay, okay, what is it Jongdae?"

     "Isn't this your bike?" He asked, showing her the pictures of the hit and run scene that had been gossiped about, with only one really clear shot of the bike. There she was, on the ground, hoodie up and covering her face, and her blue bike dinged up next to her. Jongdae could recognize that bike even with an unclear shot, after all that had been his birthday present to her when they got to university (Hey, even friends like Jongdae can be good friends sometimes).

   Yejin sighed, "I'm going to need you to not freak out --"

"Yejin what the actual --"

    She shoved her hand to cover his mouth before he got louder, "Seriously, be quiet okay. He was really nice and he didn't run. How is this even fair to him?" Yejin shook her head, reading over the article the pictures were attached to.

"It's from Dispatch and most gossip articles got a hold of the information first, of course they'll be rude about it." Jongdae shrugged, removing Yejin's hand from his mouth, reading the article with her.

     Yejin huffed, taking out her laptop and rewaking it, "Ugh.. That's it."

"Uh oh," Jongdae smiled a little, "Is Social Justice Warrior Park going to be making an appearance?"

    "For his sake, yes." She nodded, typing away. 

New Fan Post : Bike Girl that ran into Baekhyun.

Hi everyone, this is the Bike Girl, otherwise known as Park Yejin. Yes, I am the one who was hit by Byun Baekhyun the other night, but don't believe what the news told you! He got out of his car and helped me, including bandaging my hand that was bleeding. Below are the pictures of my bike and my injuries, all of which are minor and Baekhyun had expressed concern over. He was very nice, and none of this was his fault. Please still support him!


After uploaded pictures of her knee, her hand, and her bike, she submitted it without thinking about it twice. Hopefully, she thought, this would clear his name.


Joonmyun could've cried with relief, joy, and more relief when he scanned the fan boards and came across the post that had been posted not an hour before. Already, comments of relieved and apologizing fans for thinking wrongly about Baekhyun were flooding in and it seemed like this was getting cleared up relatively quickly. He silently thanked this Park Yejin, whoever the hell she may be, for being a fundamentally good person and helping not only Baekhyun, but him.

    "You look better than an hour ago." Baekhyun mentioned as he strolled into the recording studio, ready to listen to the new track he had been given for his comeback. Joonmyun smiled brightly, showing him the post.

"Thank Park Yejin, Baekhyun. Thank Park Yejin. She has saved your and mine with this post." Joonmyun sighed, handing the phone off to Baekhyun as the idol scrolled through the post, his mouth turning into a frown as he saw the pictures.

     "...Oh no." 

Joonmyun perked up, looking over, "What? Read a still upset's fan comment?" Baekhyun had always been a fan pleaser, so it wouldn't surprise his manager if he was upset over finding one of those comments.

"No, her bike's messed up." 

     "...Baekhyun." Joonmyun said, "It's okay. She cleared your name, it'll be fine." 

"No!" Baekhyun shot up, zooming in closer on the bent wheel on the bike. "How is she going to get to work??"

     "...Baekhyun how do you even know that she works?" Joonmyun asked.

Baekhyun replied, "I remember when I was bandaging her hand that she said she was late for work..." He trailed off, looking at the other picture of the hand, still bandaged up as he had last night. His frown had yet to leave his face.

"Baekhyun, it's not our problem. She probably has a friend she can hitch a ride with, don't worry about her, come on let's listen--"

   Baekhyun tossed the phone back, standing up, "Nope I'm gonna buy her a new bike."

"Baekhyun-- goddamnit, Taeyeon will murder him, not to mention the press-- you know what, no. Not my problem. Not today." Joonmyun shook his head, leaving the studio as well, going to take a much needed rest after the hectic day he had to work through. Meanwhile, Byun Baekhyun had his laptop out, searching about more information on this "Park Yejin" that had helped save his reputation. 


Aaaah yes. Yejin is a social justice warrior, Baekhyun's got a concious, Joonmyun's always stressed out, and Jongdae is... well, Jongdae ^^ What did you guys think? I personally love Yejin and Jongdae's relationship -- it's so sassy and fun to write! Do you think Baekhyun will actually go and find Yejin or will he think things over and decide not to? Hmmm~ Decisions need to be made, Baekhyun! Hehe. Anyways, subscribe, upvote, comment (please do! I love reading your thoughts and suggestions) and all of those lovely things us authors like our readers to do! Happy Sunday and Happy Reading ~
<3 Smile