Talk Sh*t, Get Hit.

All I Do

She was going to kill him when she got her hands on him.
Okay, so not literally, but Park Yejin was not usually a patient girl and she also did not like to be played. How her best friend had managed to convince them both to sign up for this class and then drop at the last minute without telling her was beyond her. And now she was late. Very, very late.

For what? A meeting? Nope, Yejin was a firm believer that she should not be in classes or around classmates at that any longer than she needed to be, even if the clubs were kind of interesting. Plus, her job made it kind of hard to keep up with required meetings and scheduled events that the groups tend to have, which was the thing she was actually late for. Her job, to say the least, was an unusual one at that. 

While most normal college students stay up late and procrastinate on their papers and projects, only to pass out before the night melts away, Yejin slips away into the darkness, down to the Moonlight Lounge where Park Yejin disappears from sight and a little lady named Beth steps onto the stage with her partner, Chen as a popular jazz duet. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that Chen was her best friend, otherwise known as Kim Jongdae, the boy who smiled akin to a cat's.

And was that cat midget boy ever going to be sorry once she got out of this class. Seeing as she always takes notes on her laptop, Yejin decided to be a little bit gracious and give the boy a forewarning for his impending death, opening the message app on her screen.

Yejinnie: when i get my hands on you tonight kim jongdae...

Jongdaaaemn: oooooh~ today are we?? c;

Yejinnie: AS IN TWISTING UR ING NECK

Jongdaaaemn: so violent TT^TT

Yejinnie: i'm gonna be late now!

Jongdaaaemn: you've got a bike right? it'll be fine, Beth's all set up for you here once you do arrive."

Yejinnie: you know sometimes i don't hate you

Jongdaaaemn: I LOVE YOU TOO <3


While Yejin could argue both sides of Jongdae being the best worst friend ever, she did admit the boy had been there for her ever since she had moved here for schooling from America. As an adoptee, she wanted to see the place that her lineage came from, and her parents agreed with her, sending her off to college with fond farewells and promises of visits. She smiled, checking the time. She could make it, she told herself as she flipped her hair over her shoulder, turning her attention back to the lecture at hand. She'd always get through it. That's just what Park Yejin did.


He couldn't tell if he wanted a drink or if he wanted a gunshot to his forehead to just put him out of his misery now.
Byun Baekhyun was far from normal. As an extremely successful soloist idol from top entertainment company XO Ent., he had a busy schedule, demanding fans, and little could be kept to himself about his private life. But nonetheless Baekhyun loved what he did and liked to pride himself on being a nice person.
But he has a of a girlfriend sometimes and it brings out a fairly ugly side to him.
Which brings him to his predicament now.

"You can't just fire my stylist, Taeyeon!" Baekhyun sighed in exasperation, not believing what he was hearing from the girl in front of him. Kim Taeyeon was beautiful in face and body, and he swore when he started dating her a year and a half ago she was a sweet girl. So what changed?

 The brunette huffed, tossing her hair over her shoulders, "She was touching your face too much, not to mention she was always gushing and blushing around you, it just made me mad, I had to get rid of her!"

    "Touching my face is literally her JOB," Baekhyun shot back, "And so what? It's not like I was flirting with her!!"

"So you DO admit to her being too touchy!" She accused, pointing a perfectly manicured nail at his face. 

    "I-- what?? Taeyeon that's not the point, the problem is you keep firing every female I bring on my production team!!" Baekhyun yelled, using his hands as he spoke.

"I can do that if I so chose, you're my boyfriend and I'm protective of what's mine." She huffed, sending him a glare that was probably the one that sent poor Yoona packing. Pity, he rather liked the girl, she was sweet and knew her way around a curling iron and gel liner. 

     But reminscing on stylists past were not on Baekhyun's priority list, getting out of this doomed, repetitive argument was. "Oh my god," He rolled his eyes, bring his attention back to the situation at hand, ignoring the narrowing of his girlfriend's eyes, "I can not deal with this right now. I'm leaving until you decide to be reasonable--"

"You don't just walk away from me! I'm your girlfriend, come back here!" She screeched, but Baekhyun reached for the door anyways, stomping out the door and leaving a screaming Taeyeon for him to come back and apologize, that he'll regret leaving this argument. He couldn't care less at this point, he needed to get out and what he needed was a long drive to clear his mind before coming back and making up with her.

      "Ugh, Joonmyun, I'm going for a drive." He told his manager, who was a literal angel and Baekhyun wouldn't know what he would've done without him. Another bloodcurtling screech was heard and something breaking followed soon after. Joonmyun winced and fished the keys out of his bag with little hestiation.

The blonde nodded, "Okay, here's the keys. Remember you have a photoshoot with her tomorrow, don't keep her mad too long okay?"

     "Yeah," Baekhyun sighed, taking the keys and already feeling the tension leave his body as he grabbed ahold of them, "I just gotta clear my head and then come back."

"Okay Baek, I'm only a phone call away if you need me." Joonmyun reminded, making a 'call me' gesture with his hand before chuckling and sending his little star along his way for a much needed drive. 


     When the professor made his closing statements, Yejin all but slammed her books and laptop closed and shoved her stuff into her backpack and was out the door before homework was given. She'd probably regret that in a couple of hours, but right now there were no regrets because she was finally out of that damn class. Sprinting to her bike, she sped off almost as soon as she got her feet on the pedals, taking off so she could make it to the Lounge on time.

Barely stopping at one of the lights, she pedaled on, so caught up that she didn't even register a car swerving around the corner at an alarming speed...

   Yejin barely registered falling off her bike, or the pulsing pain in her knee and right hand, only seeing that the time was still ticking onwards and wondering who was the person who was making her even more late than she already was. At least there wasn't a lot of damage, her bike still looked rideable and she wasn't dead, because the driver wasn't a complete and decided to slam the brakes when seeing her. 

"Oh my god, are you okay??" A voice snapped her out of her trance, but she probably had a slight bump on her head because it felt like a daze when she swung her head to look at the of a driver--

"Oh my god."

"Oh my god you really were hurt--"

"You're Byun Baekhyun!" She managed to get out, staring at the man in disbelief, only to find the same expression on the star's face. Baekhyun blanched for a minute before blinking.

     "This is your observation after being hit by a car?!" He yelped, looking at the hand in worry. It was definitely bleeding, and he felt awful. He knew he needed a drive, and he was sure no one used these streets late at night, so he didn't even think twice before stepping on the gas. 

Yejin looked down at herself, taking in her definitely bleeding hand and swelling knee. Thank god Beth wore a floor length dress. "....Oh yeah, hey look I'm bleeding." She said, almost amused, holding her right hand up to both of their faces as if it weren't obvious. Baekhyun just stared. Who even was this girl?

    "Who are you??" He blurted, immediately feeling awful for the rude comment. The girl seemed to take it in stride and shrugged, checking her watch.

"Uhhhm, well," She said, double checking the time, "That doesn't really matter. What does matter is that I'm bleeding, I'm late, and a lot of things are happening and none of them are in either of our favor."

     Baekhyun's instincts kicked in, "Oh! Right right, let me fix up that hand of yours okay, I have a first aid kit in the car--" He trailed off as he ran off to his car, returning to the girl and starting to wrap her hand securely. After he had finished, he checked his handiwork for any loose ends, opening his mouth to speak but she beat him to it, catching sight of the time on her watch as she hurriedly stood up, mounting her dented bike as she spoke.

" I'm reaaally late! So uhm Thanks Byun Baekhyun for like, not killing me I guess?? Bye!" Yejin waved, taking off into the now night as she left Baekhyun to process what just happened.

    He felt... oddly refreshed after meeting her. He felt almost a sense of admiration for her nonchanlance and how she just picked herself up and went on with life, regardless if she got hit by a car. If only he could do the same. Which reminded him... It was time to face Taeyeon again.


Yejin burst through the dressing room door, dropping her backpack and tying her hair up in a rush, prancing around trying to make herself look like, well, like she didn't just get hit by a car as Jongdae sat there with pursed lips, watching her.

", why you late." He finally asked, making Yejin stop in her tracks and look up at him in disbelief.

    "I got hit by a car, I ing called you on my way here!! What the hell Jongdae??" 

"Uhm 'scuse you." Jongdae held a hand up in mock retort, "You were able to call me just fine, I don't see why you're still late."

 Yejin snorted in deisbelief, continuing to get ready as she glared at him and his stupid cat grin, "You know what? you."

"Ewww no I'm taken!" He scrunched up his nose, voice going up an octave.

"By your hand maybe."

       " who the is you???"

"Park Yejin, but right now Beth needs to make an appearance, so I'll take that earlier 'excuse me' while I pick the darling up." Was her cheeky reply, ending the arguement with laughter as Yejin picked up her signature blonde wig and headed back to officially become Beth. All thoughts of dented bikes and getting hit by Byun Baekhyun's car were forgotten, not seeing it as a big deal. 

Fate had a funny way of changing that, she'd come to find.
 


Fiiiinally the first chapter of All I Do is up *^* The concept and storyline has probably changed about... four? Five? times as I really looked into these guys as characters. But I personally love the casual way I'm able to write both Yejin and Jongdae's interactions! I hope you guys enjoyed this little update, and stay tuned (i.e subscribe, upvote, comment, etc.) for more if you liked it ~ Happy Monday and happy reading, as always!
~Smile