Chapter 6

In the Darkness, I will find You...

She was running as fast as her legs could carry her. She knew they were chasing after her. She was so afraid, her heart was racing faster than ever but she tried to calm herself down. Its ok, Sehun’s gonna be here soon, I just have to get to the book fair!

And then she tripped, hard. Knees scrapping badly, her body was hurting so much and the next thing she knew, it was too dark and this man was right in front of her. Although she couldn’t see him she knew he had no good intentions. Her face was stinging bad, from where he had hit her hard. 

The wind blew past her making her body colder than it already was. The silhouette leaned closer grabbing her hair, pulling hard. The man whispered “you made me do it pretty.”

 

Mei woke up with a start. Memories of the day before flooded back. She hugged herself. Her body had gone completely numb and she was sweating profoundly. Her heart pounded hard.  I'm ok now! She told herself as she reached out to Sehun, who was sleeping on the chair beside her.

Somehow she was too weak to even move. After sometime she gave up, closing her eyes once more to let the darkness engulf her, as once again she was caught up by the flashes of the dreaded events of the previous day.

She shook her head trying to get rid of them but nothing was working, she felt weak and scared, so scared, she could no longer hold back the tears that were trying to escape her eyes. Just like how she had felt yesterday, so helpless, that she had given up all hope and then… he came. As if on cue with her thoughts, the familiar scent filled up her nostrils, calming her down to the bone.

She remembered how in that darkness, when the thunder raged hard, he had thrown the creepy man away from her somehow and leaned in to engulf her in his warmth.

Maybe it was her imagination going wild or maybe because the memory coming back to her was so vivid, she felt strong arms pulling her in a warm embrace, calming her down completely. The intoxicating scent felt so close to her, taking away with it all the worry she had had, instinctively she moved in closer to him, burying herself into his chest and letting go of herself completely for him to take care. She just knew she was safe in his arms, whoever he was.

In her half asleep state she moved to adjust herself closer to the warmth of her pillow, resting her cheek on it, though somehow it felt harder than usual. She finally let sleep take her, because thanks to the all-too-vivid memory she could still feel the warmth of arms holding her as her nostrils filled with that beautiful scent, soothing her.

When she woke up the next morning, She could have sworn she saw a pair of beautiful eyes staring back at her. She had felt warm breath fan her face because the person – who could totally have been an angel because he was so beautiful – was so close to her. She blinked her eyes to find he was no longer there, as if he had vanished into thin air.

It must be her woozy mind making weird stuff thanks to the bunch of pain killer she'd had the other day because just afterwards she had felt a certain warmth leaving her, as if someone had held her the entire night and just let go. Which was not possible because Sehun still had been asleep on the chair beside her with his mouth half open.

It was definitely the pain killers…

………

 

Luhan had come the moment her human friend had gone to sleep, he had promised himself he'd leave just after checking if she was ok, at least that’s what he told himself. But the moment he laid eyes on her sleeping form he couldn’t find it in himself to leave. Though he tried to deny it, she was his soulmate and he couldn’t help but be there for her at the end of the day.

It was dark inside the hospital room when he had teleported inside and as usual curiosity always got the best of him whenever she was concerned. Before he knew it himself he had moved closer to her sleeping from, standing beside her, looking at her, as if in a trance. Once again, in her proximity he felt his heart racing – by now he had figured, it did so because of her. This and the power surges, yes it was definitely because of her.

He saw beads of sweat forming on her forehead as she moved about on her bed, as if seeing something she did not like. By now he was so close to her that when she reached out, she grabbed hold of his arm and before he knew it she pulled, grabbing on to it for dear life. If this were to happen any time before he might have moved away. However he was already blaming himself for leaving her that day, for not being there for her when she needed him. So Luhan simply let her.

Moments later he felt his hand getting wet, from what he saw were her tears and this completely broke his resolve. Instinctively he moved in closer, wrapping his arms around her, engulfing her in his warmth, just as how he had done it the day before. There was nothing else he could do except reassure her that he was there for her no matter what, and if he could then he'd take all the pain away from her.

It wasn't a good idea though because moments later he felt her moving closer, making his heart race faster than ever. She turned around to adjust herself in his embrace, laying her head on his bare chest as she mumbled something like a hard pillow that made no sense to him. And then something strange happened, something he had never ever experienced before, something so novel that he couldn’t figure it out.

He felt warmth spreading into his body, from where her head laid on his chest, her breath fanning his body and her arms wrapped around him. It all felt strangely… good, even though his heart was still racing.

A rush of emotions went through him as all things passed through his head in speed. Possibilities of staying there with her, showing himself to her, getting to know her, spending the rest of his life with her. And then the ones he dreaded most.

What if she would not accept him because he was an anomaly? What if she'd hate him for not being there for her? What if she'd abandon him like the heavens? What if something happens to her? Luhan tightened his arms around her, holding on to her as if for dear life.

He knew he should stay away from her because being with him was dangerous, but he let his human side take over. Just this once, he told himself. He'd hold her and cherish this moment forever – being with his soulmate, being complete.

He felt tears b up his eyes but he told himself to be strong, this was his punishment for what he had done, for who he was. If he could he'd stop himself in this moment.

He moved in closer to her face, touching their foreheads together, as he held her for the entire night, praying all her worries to wash away.  

He allowed himself to stare at her all night, taking in her fragile from. And when the sun came up in the morning, the moment she opened her eyes, he left. Although he could have been caught if he weren't careful, because accidently on purpose he had allowed her to catch a glimpse of him.

………

 

Mei sat on the hospital bed, waiting for Anna, Jongin and Kyungsoo to show up. Sehun had gone out to the reception to see if they had arrived. It had been a while and she was wondering what was taking them so long. Finally deciding to call them and check for herself, she turned around to check her bag for her cell phone when her eyes caught the journal poking out of the bag.

Sehun had told her someone from the book fair was kind enough to bring her stuff back but she was absolutely sure she didn’t bring her journal and more specifically… That journal. She reached out for it, checking if it was some other book but it was the one she thought it was.

The angel book journal, the one she had read and the one that kept getting stuck in her head. Now thanks to this she was hallucinating about a beautiful angel watching her, holding her. Anna was right she was getting too much into it, yeah she was definitely losing it.

However this didn’t stop her from reopening the book and a small piece of paper fell out of it falling on her lap. This was strange, Mei picked up the paper, to found something written in a beautiful script. Entranced, she read it out loud.

Luhan…

Luhan…

Luhan…

Why did the name sound so familiar…? Oh it was the name of one of the … she read what was written in rather small size just below them.

Once invoked, an angel is bound to the human who called them and absolutely cannot stay away from them.

A gust of wind blew in from the window, which Sehun had been kind enough to open so that the sunlight could reach her, carrying with it an all too familiar scent as a dandelion brushed past her, grazing her cheek. Mei whipped her head around to see where the scent was coming from dropping the paper which now laid on the floor, written on the other side were words that read 


Angel Book of Duties

(From the personal collection of Guardian Angel, Byun Baekhyun)


To invoke an angel, a human must call out to them thrice, aloud.  

VXII


You can thank me later ;)


………

 

Last night was nothing but a memory to hold on to, something to be cherished but never repeated. Luhan knew it was dangerous, and he would not give heavens anymore reasons to punish him. In his moment of weakness he had allowed himself enough privilege already, it was time he went back into the darkness.

But with every step he moved away, he felt his heart clenching. He had to do this, not for himself but for her. If it weren’t for her he'd have held on, maybe even allowed himself to be weak but he needed to be strong, for her. Now he had all the more reasons to prove the heavens wrong, but mostly prove himself wrong.

As flashed from the previous night crossed his mind once again, he felt warmth spreading inside his body once again. How she had clung to him for dear life. How he had held her until it was already morning. How her breath felt on his chest. How he had felt, for the first time in his life, complete and contended.

He shrugged his head a little, bringing himself back to reality. Then he heard it, which made him come to a halt, as a surge of strange energy went through him. And then he heard it again and again. She was calling out to him, it was her… she was calling his name. He could hear it loud and clear.

But how…?

Before he could respond or do anything about it, he felt himself being in and the next thing he knew he was in her room, right beside her and she whipped her head around right where he was standing staring right at him. 

Could it be that she could see him …?

The door burst open and Mei's human friends came running in causing a ruckus. It was a good thing he was invisible but it was still weird because he had never been this close to so many humans at a time. Luhan took it as his cue to leave and when he tried to move away an invisible shield stopped him from teleporting or even moving away from her.

He looked around to see her getting hugged by her friends as they greeted her and asked her about her health, it was as if she had no idea that he was here, right beside her. But... she had called him, he was sure about it.

How did he get here when he didn’t teleport himself and why couldn’t he teleport away? Not that he did not want to be beside her, he just didn’t want her getting hurt because of him, he didn’t want any human to suffer because of him, he was dangerous.

What was happening? Luhan looked around to see when his eyes fell on the paper on the floor and as he read what was written on it, his eyes expanded. Horror struck him, as the realization hit him.

She had invoked him!

………

 

Baekhyun gave his artificial moustache a congratulatory twirl, feeling exceptionally great about himself. Not only had he managed to evade that pain-in-the- guardian angel, Suho, he had also managed to get the idiot anomaly in his rightful place.

Ah, it felt great when everything went according to his plans. He knew adding that note was a genius idea… which is no surprise because hello? Genius extraordinaire!

Stretching his arms, he whistled as he skipped past the reception desk in the hospital, casting a benevolent smile at the nurse manning the reception.

It was only when he was about to step outside the building – he'd gotten the two together, now Luhan would have to take the next step himself – that he felt the tell-tale aura that followed that perpetual pain in Baekhyun's around.

Argh, crap!

Of course, the power of evocation would alert the heavens of angel activity.

Of course. He'd been out of the scene for too long, he'd forgotten how heavens worked…

Well, this just meant he needed to add a little more fuel to the fire and see if this Suho was as good as he was made out to be. See if he could differentiate between the uncontrolled surges of a green, newly-in-love angel and an expert at conning like himself.

Game on.

………


A/N

Hey guys!

So.. I know its been a long time since I've last updated but in my defence, I did mention it before that the story would be updated slowly. And No I don't plan on leaving the story unfinised at any cost. Its just that the end of semester is near and we're just bombarded with presentations, quizzes and projects... so yeah, until my semester ends, i'm sorry but the updates will be slow.

Now back to today's update, well i hope its good, its not proofread yet but leave your comments and lemme know what you think about Mei and Luhan finally stuck together? also what do you think should happen next?

Also how do you guys like EXO's new album? I'm absolutely in love with it! Especially Unfair, its just too catchy! If you havent already checked it out here's a link https://soundcloud.com/l2share/sets/exo-sing-for-you-2015-winter , Also the boys look absoutely stunning in the MV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqaSboKBIuA&feature=youtu.be , do watch it if you haven't already! 

And our Luhan's Reloaded II https://soundcloud.com/pitoepan/sets/luhan-reloaded-ii, Do check it out! Oh and the new MV of Medals & Football gang! <3

Also last time I mentioned Lulu's promises https://soundcloud.com/k2nblog24/luhan-promises?in=user-953751325/sets/luhan-promises, well I liked the MV but I'm in love with the song... so yeah! 

Until next time! Tootles!