One Step Closer

Mister Kim
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
ONE STEP CLOSER

**

Minseok’s POV

“Baozi, I have tremendously good news!”

That was the first thing Luhan had said, well more of screamed, as soon as I picked up my phone.

I was in the office and was busily doing my work when the small gadget suddenly vibrated from beside me. Honestly, I was trying to ignore it. The papers I had to read through and study had dramtically increased because of the incident during our charity event. Many project proposals were rejected and clients had started to turn their backs on us. To say things were starting to crumble was an understatement – the company’s clearly and greatly struggling at the moment.

“Just answer your freaking phone, Minseok! It might be important!” Baekhyun huffed in exasperation from where he was - his usual seat on the couch.

I raised an eyebrow at him. “What if it’s not? What if it’s some reporter trying to get my statement?” I snappily countered.

Baekhyun threw his hands in the air and stomped towards my desk. He stared at my phone, which was still incessantly ringing. He picked it up and swiped the green button. I dubiously stared at him, my eyes turning into large discs.

“Yah!” I angrily barked. He simply shrugged his shoulders and shoved the little device to me. “It’s Luhan,” he said with a roll of his eyes and swiftly returned to his seat in the couch.

I annoyingly clicked my tongue at him but took my phone nonetheless. “Lu? What is it?” I tiredly asked. My voice was obviously exhausted and drained. The stress was gradually gnawing on me. I could honestly feel my body slowly getting sluggish.

My best friend’s voice suddenly boomed from the small gadget. I jumped in surprise at how giddy and excited the Chinese male’s voice was. Even Baekhyun slightly flinched in his seat. That was how loud Luhan’s voice was. He was clearly happy about something.

“Good news?” I said, my face contorting into slight confusion. “What kind of good news?” I nervously prodded.

My heart had begun to erratically beat in my chest. Anxiousness was starting to settle little by little but my anticipation was increasing too. I uneasily gripped tighter on my phone.

“Lu? What are you talking about?” I asked my best friend again.

“You’re going to love me forever for this my precious golden Baozi,” Luhan happily quipped through the phone.

I shook my head at his silliness, a small smile slowly forming on my lips. He obviously knew I was already getting stressed out so he’s trying to comfort me, even for a tiny bit. I internally chuckled at how thoughtful my best friend was. “Really? Highly depends on your news, golden Deer,” I humored him, my face relaxing into an easy smile.

“I’ve got a location, Minnie,” Luhan swiftly answered. His words were brief but the impact was huge.

I felt my heart stop for a second then beat again, erratically and uncontrollably this time. The grip on my phone tightened even more. I honestly thought the tiny gadget would get smashed into smithereens from my death grip.

“Where?” I breathed.

Baekhyun had moved from his seat in the couch to the chair near my desk. He had noticed my anxiousness and was quietly observing my reaction.

I instinctively grabbed for his hand and entwined them together, gently clasping for support. He gave my hand a comforting squeeze. I smiled gratefully at him. He immediately smiled back.

“Where’s the location, Lu?” I repeated, my voice slightly getting impatient.

“It’s from a house in Gangnam, Minnie. And guess whose house it is…” my best friend drawled out.

Gangnam? There are a lot of people living in Gangnam!

My face scrunched up in thought. I listed the people I knew living in the district.

“Well, for starters Junmyeon’s family lives-“

I couldn’t even finish my sentence as soon as I realized what I was going to say. I stared at Baekhyun with wide eyes. He also had the same look of realization in his face.

“Are you sure, Lu?” I unbelievingly breathed through the phone.

Gangnam’s known to be the district of the rich. It was co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter