Past Mistakes

Mister Kim
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
PAST MISTAKES

**

Minseok’s POV

My eyes anxiously scanned Baekhyun’s pale and troubled face. He was sound asleep but he didn’t look calm or peaceful at all – he was sleeping with a deep frown etched on his face and I was seriously worried what he might be dreaming of.

I gently traced the contours of his cheeks. There were five pairs of eyes closely watching my every movement as I did so. They were trying to be subtle but I could clearly feel their concern about Baekhyun, and probably for me too.

A heavy sigh escaped from my lips. “What is it? If you guys want to say something, just say it,” I told them without looking up, my voice a little resigned and lifeless.

I then felt strong hands on my shoulders. “I’m sorry hyung. I know I shouldn’t have come,” Jongin sincerely apologized as he gave my shoulders a comforting squeeze.

My heart constricted a little. It felt like someone was trying to squeeze out all the blood in my veins. I anxiously gulped the lump on my throat. I closed my eyes shut and shook my head at my cousin’s words. “It’s not entirely your fault, Jongin. I was the one who made things worse,” I told him, my lips slightly trembling.

Memories from high school incessantly flashed through my mind. I stared at Baekhyun again, my fists tightly clenched. “I was the one who hurt Baekhyun the most,” I remorsefully muttered.

Jongin gave my shoulders another squeeze. “No hyung. If it wasn’t for me…” he tried to reason but I quickly shook my head and stared at him, a small and sad smile on my lips. “Jongin,” I softly mumbled his name. “It’s not you who should be apologizing this much. I should be the one asking for forgiveness in the first place,” I told him.

My cousin stared at me, thoughtfully and warily. He bit lower lip as he carefully scanned my face. I simply stared back at him.

“What are you guys talking about?” Luhan suddenly voiced out. He was at the other side of the bed with Yixing and he was sporting a really confused face right now. Well, actually everyone had the same look on their faces. They were clearly puzzled with things at the moment. I sadly smiled at my good friends. “It was an incident that happened when we were in high school,” I told them.

I stared at Jongin and cracked a tiny smile. “I think it’s about time for everyone to know what happened back then,” I said to no one.

Jongin looked apprehensive but nodded nonetheless. I deeply breathed in and closed my eyes, trying to calm my nerves a little. My hand sneakily found Baekhyun’s and automatically entwined them, tightly and securely clasped together.

When I finally opened my eyes, I gave Jongin a small nod and then turned to face my four friends. They were looking at me expectantly, and quite anxiously too.

My heart then felt heavier. It really was the time to finally reveal the past. I breathed out with a sigh.

“Let’s start with what happened with Jongin and Baekhyun,” I started. My eyes glanced at my cousin and he nodded his head for me to continue. I looked back at my friends. “It was during summer vacation on our junior year. Baekhyun was staying over at my house for a week.” A sad smile formed on my lips. “Well, back then we usually had sleepovers at each other’s houses so it was kinda a common thing…” I dejectedly chuckled. “Anyway, uhm. I ugh, I kinda walked in on them, Baekhyun and Jongin, making out and somewhat grinding each other in my room,” I explained as I uncomfortably fidgeted in my seat.

There was a collection of gasps in the room.

“Baekhyun hyung and you dated?!” Zitao incredulously shrieked, his eyes growing into huge disks. Jongin quickly shook his head in denial. “No, we didn’t date!” he told them, his voice strong with denial and conviction. “We, uhm. You see, I kinda forced myself on him,” he nervously clarified.

My friends gasped again and their faces looked dumbfounded. They were obviously speechless with the revelation.

“You forced yourself on Baekhyun?” Kris asked in disbelief. My cousin regretfully nodded his head.

I tightly squeezed Baekhyun’s hand in mine, taking in some little comfort as the images of the two of them, in my bed and rather heatedly making out, flashed in my mind. My heart painfully constricted in my chest.

“Why?” Yixing then asked. He was looking at Jongin thoughtfully, and nonjudgmentally. “Did you like Baekhyun in the past?” he carefully prodded.

I fully turned my body towards Jongin this time. I have never asked him that question. Actually, I think I was just scared to know his true feelings. I looked expectantly at him as I awaited his answer.

He nervously gulped and slightly glanced towards Baekhyun’s sleeping face. A sigh escaped his lips. “I did like Baekhyun hyung back then,” he started. There was suddenly a painful tug on my heartstrings. “I was an impulsive teenager, and I got really impatient with my feelings for him. I was really hesitant about liking him to be honest but suddenly I saw my chance, I selfishly took it and forced myself on him,” he told us.

Jongin then apologetically looked at me. “Then Minseok hyung suddenly came in and saw us making out,” he said with a frown, his voice dripping with deep regret. I could only smile sadly at him.

“Then what happened? What did you mean when you said you were the one who hurt Baekhyun the most, huh? What did you do to him, Baozi?” Luhan then asked. I stared forlornly at my best friend. “I avoided him. I was really shocked when I saw what they were doing in my room. To be quite honest, I was appalled by it,” I answered with a grimace.

Luhan cocked his head to the side and scrunched up his face in confusion. “That’s it?” he asked. I quickly shook my head no. “When school finally came in, I couldn’t avoid him any long

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter