Kris Wu...

Sagittarius

 

 

 

 

 

I barged inside the apartment with a wide smile, a small bag in one hand, and the pair of heels I had taken off inside the elevator in the other. Tao’s idea had haunted me throughout the whole day.

And using Kris was the last thing I wanted to do, but honestly, I was desperate for Baekhyun’s attention, and I was sure that Kris was good enough to do just that. I walked inside the living room, heels and bag left by the entrance, to find Tao and Suho sitting on the sofas with Suho’s head buried in his hand.

 

My excitement vanished when I saw the look on Tao’s face, Tao almost pleaded me to do something or to help, but the fact that I knew nothing about why Suho seemed so broken right now made me of little help.

“Uh… Suho?” I walked closer to the said latter, he didn’t move an inch, all I could hear was his silent whimpers to himself.

“Did something happen?” I tried again, but Suho answered with a mere whimper once more. I scowled at his state, did he mess up the presentation he had for today?

 

“Th-they’re… they’re going to p-promote me…” I heard him whisper to himself.

I wasn’t sure how that was a bad thing so I decided that maybe I hadn’t heard him clearly.

“What’s that?” I leaned closer to hear him properly this time.

 

“They’re going to promote me…”

 

“Hyung! That’s great!” Tao exclaimed with excitement, but I could see confusion in his eyes.

 

“NO!” Suho suddenly blurted out, standing up abruptly and scaring both Tao and I.

“… I can’t be promoted to manager… that’s like-like, that’s like more work, and more responsibilities, and my sleeping pills are already failing to help me, and everything’s just…”

 Suho suddenly crashed on the couch, letting out a deep sigh. I probably looked as confused as Tao right now, because really, who wouldn’t want to be promoted at work? Especially if that who was Suho?

 

 

 

 

“So, you looked really happy walking in. Something happened with Baekhyun?” Tao asked as he munched through his bag of chips.

Suho had already calmed down from his sudden hysteria and was already leaning his head on Tao’s leg, turning all his focus to some drama that was being played on TV.

 

“I met someone, he's one of Baekhyun’s friends and... I don’t know.” I bit my lip out of shyness and looked away. Commercials must’ve started because Suho had turned his attention to us.

“What's his name?" He asked.

"Kris... Kris Wu, he's a Chinese lawyer that Baekhyun and Chanyeol met while scouting Luhan 2 years ago... apparently they're really close to him for some reason..."

 

After meeting him, I started to know why.

 

“How's he like?” Tao then asked.

"He's tall, like really tall. He's like idol handsome, he has blobde hair just like yours Tao, and he looks really cold at first, but once he starts talking you'll realize he's just a sweetheart..."

My voice trailed off. Wow, I've met the guy almost 3 days ago, watched him talking with Baekhyun twice, and now I just find him perfect, and I'm sure I'm blushing right now while talking about him.

“… And you think someone like that would actually notice you?" Suho snickered. Tao almost spat the chips in his mouth. That wasn’t funny, seriously!

“He was the one hitting on me for the past three days!” I stood up, stomping my feet in protest, the both of them started laughing like what I was saying was somehow absurd, but it was the truth.

“Fine… I can choose to believe you, if and only if something actually happens between the both of you…” Suho exclaimed after calming down, Tao just nodded in the background.

“And have you thought about checking his birthday? It's like the first thing you always do..." The comment was meant to be sarcastic of course, but I smirked at Tao before answering.

 

"November 6th..."

 

The latter almost spat the chips in his mouth, Suho started laughing along with me at that of course as we watched Tao choke and struggle to breath.

"How did you...?" He asked between deep breaths.

"I asked him, I'm not stupid Tao, I won't think of a guy without knowing what sign he is..."

Seriously, after what happened between me and Chanyeol almost 5 years ago, which is a long story of course, I learned that knowing a person's sign before getting to know them very well would spare me any heart aches.

"What's November?" Suho asked as he straightened on his seat, reaching his hand to take a few chips from Tao's already second bag.

"He’s a Scorpio…” I bit my bottom lip just thinking about him. Scorpio’s are known to be really romantic when they fall in love, even if they’re extremely overprotective, they’re loyal to their lovers until their lovers actually betray them.

 

“Oooh Scorpio…” Tao mused.

“Sounds awfully y…” Suho then added with a teasing smile, I just rolled my eyes at them.

 

“Anything sounds y to you Joonmyun…” I threw a pillow at him, he just grabbed it easily and chuckled.

 

“So you need our help then?”

“Who said that?” I added with a smirk.

“Considering the fact that you actually hadn’t had a descent relationship with a guy for what, 2 years?” Tao snickered.

“Make that 4!” Suho then added with a teasing smirk.

 

I just growled silently at both of them and looked away, even if they were right, I would never admit it.

 

 

 

“Good morning Ms. Lee…”

 

“Good morning Mr. Wu…”

I entered Baekhyun’s office slowly, closing the door behind my silently. Baekhyun was once again out for a lunch meeting that I knew nothing about, he left me in charge of helping Kris of course, but this time I didn’t mind since I’ll have the opportunity to have some alone time with him. This may seem like a really low, and bad idea, it is, but I’m counting that we’ll both fall in love, maybe I’ll even forget all about Baekhyun when I’m with him.

 

“Need help with anything?” I asked as I approached his seat. This was confusing, I hadn’t done this in a long time and I felt like an immature kid approaching an elder.

“I’ll just need some help with organising some folders, I also need to know some facts about Luhan’s relationship with that guy everybody keeps talking about…” He started listing.

 

“Sehun?” I corrected him.

 

“Yeah, him… also, I think I’ll need help with picking lunch, how about you come with me?”

His voice trailed off as he checked some of the papers he had organised in front of him. I opened my mouth to answer, then stopped when I realized what his last question meant. I looked at him once again and found him smiling at me this time, my face must’ve looked really red right now because I felt like I was burning, this guy really is perfect, I mean, how can he smile so beautifully like that?

“You’re nervous again…” His voice cut my trail of thoughts, I blinked a couple of times then looked back at him, smiling sheepishly and nodding.

“I asked you not to be around me…” I smiled then looked down on the folders he had piled on the desk, I bit my lower lip as I watched him scribble a few notes into his small notebook like the day before.

 

Maybe he’s not that bad?

 

 

 

 

“Coffee?” The waiter asked as she stood against our table, almost drooling over Kris, okay he’s good looking, but have some respect woman.

“No thanks…” Kris just answered, focusing on the menu in his hand. I don’t know why, but I kind of smiled to myself at such reaction from him, he was totally uninterested in her even though I could say she was actually pretty to the eye.

She must’ve noticed me smiling because she looked me up and down in disgust, probably thinking what country I had to save to get someone like him to ask me out to lunch.

 

Kris ordered for both of us, and let me say, he had impeccable taste even if it just came to a simple lunch.

 

And now, here we were, talking about the most random stuff that came to our minds. I found out that Kris was 2 years older than me, he was never interested in being a lawyer, but his parents had forced him to become one to follow the footsteps of his father, he had lived most of his life in Canada before returning to China for college.

Kris was pretty interesting for a lawyer, all the stories he had about his friends in Canada, and the fact that he always dreamt of being an actor, it made me feel like I was so boring compared to him.

“And what about you then…?” He asked all of a sudden, cutting through his croissant with his knife and not even looking back at me.

“What about me…?” I had nothing to say Kris, really, let’s skip this part, please?

“You’re an amazingly beautiful 24 year old woman, and I see no boyfriend or ring, how is that even possible?” He asked with a confident smile. Let me tell you, it’s because I’m a stupid 24 year old woman who’s still in love with her best friend like in the movies.

“I have no reasons in particular…” I shrugged.

“… I just never met someone good enough to distract me from my work.” Nice lie Ji eun. “You’re a workaholic?” “

You can call me that at times, yes…” I chuckled.

“How long have you worked for Baekhyun?”

“For about 2 years…”

“But you seem close, not just 2 years close though…” “That’s because he’s been my best friend since high school.” Enough talking about Baekhyun, okay?

"What about you... how long have you known him?" I already know the answer I just needed to divert the questions back about him.

 

"I met Chanyeol first in Canada..." Wait, what?

"... He majored in Music composing I think, I had a few classes with him because I asked for Music to be my second major then..."

 

"Aren't you supposed to be older?" I asked in confusion, taking a sip from my orange juice.

"I am... it was just a few extracurricular classes, so it was normal to have freshmen and seniors in class..." I just nodded.

"Anyway... we had a friend in common and she introduced us... Chanyeol was so nice back then that we became friends instantly..."

 

Yeah right, whatever you say. Wait...

 

"Back then..?" I raised an eyebrow in question. I mean, he was never nice.

 

"Yeah, the girl that introduced us, he had a crush on her and all... after she left Canada he found out that she was already dating one of his school friends, he became so bitter and cold with everyone, and he said something about being betrayed..."

His voice trailed off before taking a sip from his juice, he then smiled at me and took a deep breath.

"We met a year and a half later in China, I learned then that he had gone to work in an entertainment company, then he introduced me to Baekhyun and we became friends... same old story." He smiled back me as I nodded. I saw him looking around before his eyes fell back on me again.

"Enough talking about me and my friends... I wanna know something about you too, it's not fair..."

I stared back at him with a shy smile, I seriously had nothing to say, nothing's really interesting about me, ask anyone.

 

"How about I show you something instead?"

 

 

I took Kris to a nearby library, we walked through the stacks of books in silence at first, and then he started asking me random questions. He asked about my family, who my friends were, how Baekhyun and I became friends. He even asked why Chanyeol and I hated each other so much, apparently that walked around announcing how much he hated me to everyone he met.

We reached the last stack and stopped, I walked along the aisle and reached to grab a book from a high shelf, he just watched me silently as I did so. I looked at the book in my hand for a second, then walked back to him and handed it to him.

He just stared at the cover, a bit confused as to why I've given him a book before looking back at me. "I always come here when I feel stressed or tired and try to grab a book from that particular shelf, no matter what it is, I force myself to sit back here for hours until I finish it..."

"Any particular reason?" He asked with a low tone as he opened the book in his hand, his fingers brushing lightly over the texture of the old pages.

“… It’s a horror story." He exclaimed as he looked up to meet my eyes.

"It's kind of a way to calm myself down... it's like a reminder when reading these books, that it could've gone much worse, I could've been a character in a horror story..."

 

Kris looked at me silently for a second, before he burst out into laughter. It really worked if you tried it, you don't have to be so rude that you'd laugh in my face.

"That..." he said between breaths, his face almost too red from laughter.

"... Is genius! That is like the best calming method I've ever heard of..."

 

A smile instantly crept up on my lips, I bit my bottom lip to contain it though, I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of seeing me smiling because of something he said. His laughter died out and he took a deep breath before looking back at me with a wide smile.

"How about we try to read one for a while?" He suggested, I looked down on mu wrist watch, it was almost 1:30.

"... If you're worried about work, don’t, it's a slow day anyway, and your boss is already out, he won't be back until like 4 or 5..." He then added. He got a point, but still.

 

"Come on..." He muttered before suddenly stepping in front of me and trapping me against the shelves. I held my breath as my eyes widened up at him, he was looking down at me with a warm smile, and I felt my heart increasing its pace at that.

He reached his arm, and grabbed a book from the shelf I was talking about, then he moved away to give me some space to breathe. My heart was still thumping insanely and I just stared back at him in shock for a few seconds.

 

"You're nervous..." He exclaimed and I blinked at him in confusion. He reached his hand and brushed his finger so lightly on my left cheek, leaving burning trails behind every touch.

 

"... don't be."

 

 

We were out of the library at about 4:30, considerably late of course, but somehow I didn't even care. Apparently, Kris was a fast reader as myself, and we stayed silent the whole time we stayed inside the library. Walking back together to the office, we kept talking about whatever that was on our minds, laughing almost all the way back.

Even in the elevator, our laughs must’ve echoed on every floor as we went up. When we reached the floor to my office, he excused himself to get back to work and so did I, and I walked all the way back with the hugest smile decorating my face.

I walked past Chanyeol in the corridor, on my way, I muttered a dazed 'Hi Chanyeol' and kept walking, before he halted in his steps and turned around to stop me.

 

"Hold it!"

 

I stopped and turned around to look at him. He was giving me and odd look that I didn't understand before he walked up to me and stretched his hand at me. I leaned back away but he didn't care and rested his palm on my forehead, still weirdly staring at me.

"There's no fever..." He whispered to himself.

"What are talking about?" "Do I look okay to you?" He asked, and I just gave him a confused shrug.

"It's just... I thought I heard you say 'Hi Chanyeol'..."

"I did..." seriously?

"Did you just call me by my first name? Better yet, did you just say 'Hi' to me?" I rolled my eyes at his none sense, apparently Chanyeol had finally gone coco.

"... Where're the curses, , , cow face, where have they gone?" Okay, he was really serious.

"Chanyeol, I'm in a good mood today, so I suggest you take your insanity elsewhere..." I exclaimed with a poker face and turned around to walk back to my office.

"Don't call me by my first name! It's driving me insane!" He called out at me but I ignored him, most of the staff passing by were giving us, or mostly him, weird stares, I wouldn't blame them, some people are just not worthy of my niceness.

But I was in a good mood anyway and I would never let that mess it up, I wouldn't let anything mess it up really. I never thought I'd say this, but Kris is nicer than I thought, maybe something could happen between us, right?

 

 

 

My hands met the metal of my door knob, I twisted it slowly, a smile still plastered on my face. I pushed the door and entered, only to be met by Baekhyun, staring back at me with a worried glance.

"B-Baekhyun... I'm sorry, I was out and I lost track of ti..."

He stood up and walked up to me, shushing me as he did. I stared back at him in confusion, he looked really tired and worried about something.

"I'm not here to reprimand you... you're allowed to leave your office every once in a while too..." He chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Then why are you here?" I was getting restless, he was about to tell me something big, I was sure, but I didn't know whether to be nervous or excited right now.

 

"Ji... I-I... I'm getting married..."

 

Silence.

 

That's all that filled my head suddenly, every thought, every dream, every nightmare, all was suddenly gone. I stood there in front of him, frozen and lost.

My heart wasn't taking it so well. I heard it chatter a million times in just these few seconds. I could see it now, he wasn't nervous, what's in his eyes, I could make it out now, guilt.

Baekhyun was feeling guilty. And I was the reason for such feeling. I must’ve looked pathetic all this time, making scenarios in my head of how are lives would become one day.

My mouth was left open, but nothing came out, nothing but my shaky, hot breaths, I was utterly speechless for the first time in a long time.

He took a deep breath, closing his eyes as he scowled, he must be cursing himself in his head right now, because of me. He looked back at me, eyes almost pleading ne to forgive him, he looked hurt while hurting me, and I felt so guilty, he shouldn't be feeling like this right now, not because of me.

"I... uh..." he stuttered for a second, sliding his hands into his pockets as he found sudden interest in the floor beneath him.

 

 

 

"... I want you to be my best man"

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

Show your support to this fic by Upvoting snd Subscribing!!

 

Comment and tell me what you think, don't be silent readers :3

Thankyyouu!!