The Plan.

Sagittarius

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun barged into Chanyeol’s room, wearing one of his biggest smiles. He was so excited to just discuss his sudden plan with Chanyeol, a plan he was sure would say Ji eun from any heart ache if it actually worked.

 

“I have an idea!” He exclaimed as he stood in front of Chanyeol, who seemed too annoyed to even care.

The latter grunted in annoyance at the sight of his best friend disturbing his sleep. He didn’t even mind straightening up on the couch, he just kept laying there and covered his face with his arm, hoping Baekhyun would catch the message and leave him alone.

“Come on, just hear me out!” Baekhyun tried, his smile still strongly spread on his face. Again, he was met with a grunt that seemed to him like ‘go away’. Baekhyun’s smile fell, he really was feeling guilty, the other part of the plan that Baekhyun had come up with was meant to save Chanyeol too, but he decided to keep that part to himself.

“Okay, I know you’re awake, so I’ll just say what I have to say anyway!”

He tried again, but still Chanyeol wouldn’t budge. Giving up on his friend, Baekhyun heaved a long sigh before demonstrating his brilliant plan.

“I’m gonna set thing up between Ji eun and Kris… they’ll click instantly I’m sure of it!” The smile came back on Baekhyun’s lips the moment he saw Chanyeol’s body twitch at the mention of one of the closest people to him. Chanyeol didn’t move or remove his arm off his face, but he was able to at least respond to what Baekhyun had to say.

 

“Kris won’t even get to see her, she’s too short for him…”

 

Baekhyun face palmed, seriously? That’s all you had to say.

“If he could see me, then he could see her, besides, she wears heels now!”

 

Chanyeol moved his arm and stared at the ceiling, a fake, confused look on his face.

“He does see you because you’re naturally too loud and can capture anyone’s attention… speaking of which…” Chanyeol’s lips stretched into a mocking smirk that lifted Baekhyun’s eyebrows as he stared back at him.

“… It won’t work because she’s also pretty loud, but unlike you, she’d kinnda annoying to the ear…”

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, seriously, this wasn’t the time to make fun of Ji eun when he wanted to save both of them.

“Yah, I’m serious! This is not the time to be such an !” Baekhyun shouted. Chanyeol straightened up on his seat with an annoyed glare and stared back at him. Heaving a sigh, he stood up and walked to Baekhyun looking down on him as he passed him and walked to his desk.

 

“And how will you make them meet? Schedule a meeting for her in China or something?” He scoffed as he fetched an apple from on top of his desk, Baekhyun seemed confused because he could swear there were no apples when he entered. Chanyeol bit into his apple with a smirk. There was no way in hell Baekhyun’s plan could work, he thought to himself.

 

“Kris will be landing in Korea this evening…” As if on cue, Chanyeol almost chocked from the news, his eyes widened as he stared back at his now proudly smirking best friend.

“… And I’m sending Ji to fetch him from the airport…” His smirk widened as the look of horror on Chanyeol’s face intensified.

Chanyeol swallowed and cleared his throat, moving to sit on his office chair.

“What about the wedding? How do you think she’ll react when she finds out that you’ve been seeing someone for the past 3 years without even telling her?”

 

“I’m gonna tell her, just… not now…” Baekhyun answered in uncertainty.

“You do realize that her knowing is like pretty much ruining half of your company which is run by her, right?”

Chanyeol did make a point, but Baekhyun decided that rather than thinking negatively, he’ll find a proper way to tell her all about Taeyeon when the time comes.

 

“Just stay quiet and prepare everything for Kris’s landing here…” Baekhyun forced a smile as he started walking absentmindedly towards the door.

“Try hard to not look like a total when you tell her…”

 

Baekhyun halted in his steps, holding the door open, he turned around, his face calm and serious all of a sudden.

“What you did there… in the press conference…” Baekhyun bit his bottom lip for a second to collect the right words. “… Good job, I’m really proud of you…” With that, he flashed Chanyeol a small but genuine smile before walking out and closing the door behind him, leaving Chanyeol staring back at the closed door in confusion.

 

Baekhyun had that effect on people.

 

 

 

 

I waited in the airport for about an hour and a half, slumping on my seat as I checked the landing flights for the millionth time. Baekhyun had sent me so urgently to pick up his friend, Kris Wu. Confused, because I’ve never actually met the guy, I agreed hesitantly because I couldn’t just argue with him when he seemed that happy.

So here I was, waiting for the call that would announce the landing of a Chinese flight, almost half asleep because dammit it’s already 10 PM, I should’ve been at home, resting on my fluffy bed right now. Just thinking of my bed makes me want to cry. I hate Baekhyun, no I love him but I hate him for making me do this. 

I saw a group of people barging in from the arrivals door, with a wide smile, I tried to convince myself that maybe just maybe Kris Wu was one of them. I got up and stood between the crowds, holding a white cardboard that has his name on it in both Korean and Chinese (Just in case).

 

I imagined Kris as a simple guy, maybe a bit taller than me, nice looking, not too handsome, black hair, and with very bad attire. What met me was the complete opposite.

A guy with striking blonde hair that’s pushed up effortlessly, and strong, cold features noticed me as he walked out. He walked past the gates and stood right in front of me, I had to say I had difficulty looking up at him, the guy was even taller than Chanyeol himself if that was even possible.

 

“I never thought Baekhyun would send someone like you to meet me…” He extended a hand, and I took it confidently. Dammit, even his voice is beautiful. I smiled shyly at him, cursing myself because, of course, by now my face would be burning red. But I had to act tough and collected never the less.

“Did he disappoint you with his choice?” I smiled back at him, my confident side suddenly taking charge.

 

“He never does…”

 

 

 

 

 

We arrived at the company at 10: 45. Baekhyun was still in his office, working late with some things he needed to finish before the weekend. I knocked on his door and walked inside, Kris trailing right behind me.

The office was dark, except for the side lamp that was illuminating only Baekhyun’s desk. He had his back hunched, propping his elbows on the desk with his head buried in his hands. When he heard the door opening he lifted his head and flashed us a tired smile.

Standing up, he walked past me and took Kris into his arms, it seemed a bit comical to me because seriously, Baekhyun seemed like he was holding Kris by the waist rather than hugging him.

 

“You came!” He exclaimed loudly, I smiled at how happy he looked.

 

“I needed to personally apologize, I accepted the case thinking that you were the one who pushed Chanyeol into calling me…” Kris answered back, walking to sit on the couch at the east side of the office.

Baekhyun and I followed after, we sat beside each other on the couch and I watched him as he gave a melodic chuckle.

“It’s okay, as long as we’re working together, I don’t care about the details…”

Kris nodded with a warm smile.

 

“So…” He cleared his throat, grabbing our attention. “… Is this the lucky gal?” His smile widened and I blinked at him in confusion, I turned to look at Baekhyun and saw that his face seemed to freeze at the question. Recovering from the shock, he gave a forced chuckle.

“Wh-what does that…?” he couldn’t even finish the sentence, and I could see beads of sweat forming on his forehead.

“You know? Your girlfriend… you haven’t told me your name yet, but I guessed…” Kris halted in his words when he saw the look at my face. I must’ve looked awful, just like I felt. I gulped a lump in my throat and let out a breathy chuckle, turning to look at Baekhyun for an explanation to what Kris just said.

 

“Girlfriend?” I asked with a smile, and so that Baekhyun was struggling to calm his breath right now.

“Uh-um… he thinks that…” he stuttered and turned to look at Kris, who seemed to be cursing under his breath right now. 

“I haven’t had a girlfriend in a long time, Kris…” Baekhyun turned to him, wiping his clammy palms in the fabric of his black trousers.

 

“Oh…” I bet my voice sounded disappointed, and I saw the awkward stare at Kris turn into a sheepish smile.

“My bad… I thought just…” He rubbed the back of his neck, still chuckling a little awkwardly, he looked cute, not really as cold as I thought.

“… That’s actually good news to me…” He smiled at me and Baekhyun, I could see Baekhyun chuckling nervously at that, but he seemed rather satisfied. I just gave an awkward smile back at him and nodded, waiting for the time to excuse myself.

 

 

 

When I reached my apartment I struggled to fetch my keys out of my bag. I felt so tired that my eyes weren’t functioning like they were supposed to, I swear I was seeing doubles everywhere.

When I finally grabbed my keys I let out a loud ‘Huh!’ in triumph and tried to put the key in the key hole, of course, that was another task that was hard to do. I heard the door being unlocked from inside, with a sigh, I raised my eyes to meet the one’s of my rescuer.

 

“It’s almost 12 Cinderella!” My roommate, Tao, exclaimed in a reprimanding tone, I rolled my eyes and pushed him away to walk inside the rather spacious apartement of ours. Throwing my back and taking my shoes off at the entrance, I crashed on the couch with a satisfied sigh, and watched as Tao walked to sit down on the couch opposite to mine.

 

“Can I ask something Tao?” I turned to him with serious eyes. He just hummed as he seemed to be focused on some Chinese movie that I understood nothing from.

"Am I not pretty enough?" I asked in a whisper. I saw Tao roll his eyes and mumble a quiet 'here we go again'. 

 

"Noona, you know you're the cutest noona I've ever seen..." I knew he was just making it up to shut me up, but I just felt a boost of self-esteem every time he talked about me like that, regardless of the fact that he was still staring at the TV of course.

"... He's just too stupid that he can't even see it!" I opened my mouth to reply when a third voice joined the conversation.

 

"Or maybe he's just too busy to notice you...?" I turned to see Suho walking towards the couch, a sophisticatedly boring book in his hand as always. 

"... Besides, if he wanted to make a move, he would've made it almost a week after kissing you, not a few years after..." 

 

"Maybe he's just too busy like you said!" I retorted, the idea of Baekhyun giving up on me seemed unbearable.

"Or maybe, he wouldn't want to date his best friend, that's what I would do..." He exclaimed casually, still keeping his eyes on the book.

 

"Typical Gemini mentality, you never go for the girl you actually like..."

 

"FYI, it doesn't have anything to do with your stupid sun signs..." He let his book fall on his lap and gave me a disapproving stare. "... It has to do with any guy's mentality"

 

 

"Well a Taurus's mentality is completely different, we're not afraid of love, and we never let anything stand in the way when we love someone, even our work..." I truened to look at Tao with a smile. "... Right Tao?"

"Eh..? Oh yeah, whatever Noona says is right!" He answered and turned his focus back to the movie. I turned to look at Suho with a smirk, but saw him wearing one of his own.

 

"What...?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

 

"Nothing. You just answered your own question... if he really did love you, he wouldn't have let anything stand in your way, not even his work..." 

My mouth was sealed as I felt my heart falling. Maybe he was right, maybe he really didn’t love.

 

"What if he just doesn't know it yet?"

 

Tao interrupted my trail of thoughts, grabbing Suho's attention and mine, the boy lowered the volume as commercials were on and cleared his throat to elaborate.

 

"It's been like what? 3 years that you’ve been living with us here... I've never seen you walking home with a guy, nor have I ever heard you speaking of someone other than your boss..."

"I can't believe I'm saying this... he has a point..." Suho exclaimed, seemingly shocked by Tao's sudden smartness. Tao smiled widely at that and turned back to me.

 

"... What if he doesn't know he loves you yet? It happens all the time in movies, the man never realises he loves a girl until he lost her, like if you date someone else in front of him, maybe then he'll know how much he really loves you..." 

 

It was like a light bulb lit over my head. I smiled widely at his idea, maybe he's right, maybe I just needed to make him jealous. And I knew who the right person for this job maybe.

 

"Joonmyun-ah..." I turned and pouted cutely at Suho, calling him by his real name, I gave him my best aegyo as I blinked cutely and used a squeaky voice. 

Suho turned to look at me with a look of horror, he stood up suddenly turning to stare at both me and Tao with anger.

"No.No.No... No acting like we're dating..." he then turned to Tao, his glare hardening. "... And you, no more past midnight movies!"

"But Hyunnngg..." Tao pouted.

"No buts! I don't get what you're thinking... you can't act like you're dating Tao because he's younger. And I'm totally unsuitable because one, I'm your apartment buddy, and two, he already knows we don't like each other..." 

"That's not true!" I retorted.

"Yah! How many times have you gone around say that Geminis and Taurians are like enemies, abd that you and I can never be 'good friends', and that us being merely 'acquaintances' is enough..." 

 

Okay, so maybe he had a point. I always liked Suho as a roommate, but I never saw him as more than that, not even a friend. He was just peaceful and nice, someone I could just live with, nothing more.

"Then who? If it's not you, then who could possibly be good enough to act as my boyfriend in front of him, huh?" 

 

"He has to be someone handsome..." Tao exclaimed.

 

"Someone that can intimidate a successful CEO like Byun..." Suho then added. 

 

"Someone smart..."

 

"Someone funny..."

 

"Someone really successful..." 

 

"And he has to be a total gentleman as well..."

 

"Someone like... like..." 

"Like him!!!" Tao suddenly stood up, pointing at the TV screen with enthusiasm. Suho turned to look at the screen as well, a smile making its way on his lips. 

 

"He's perfect..."

I turned to see who they were talking about, and the moment I saw him, my mouth fell agape.

 

 

"Not in a million years..."

 

 

  

I woke up the next day feeling a bit grumpy. Apparently, the perfect guy in Tao and Suho's eyes was Park Chanyeol. 

Huh! Like I'll ever date someone like him? A dirty, cheating, womaniser, yeah right.

 

"Good morning..." I opened the door to Baekhyun’s office slowly. From what I knew, Baekhyun is at a lunch meeting, and he had asked his secretary to call me to his office, I had to deliver some folders that Kris would be using. 

 

Apparently, Kris wasn't only working on Luhan’s case, it seemed that Baekhyun had asked him to handle a lot of other cases for the company just to keep him in the country.

"Good morning Ms. Lee..." I walked to where he was sitting. He had his sleeves rolled up, his blonde hair styled perfectly, not even a strand escaping from its place. 

It was the first time I got to actually check out his features. His hard and cold eyes seemed a bit warmer now, his small lips and nose were painted beautifully on a face that was handsome with a smooth, milky white skin and decorated with a sculpted jawline that emphasised his manliness.

 

"You like to stare a lot?" His sudden question cut my trail of thoughts. I blinked a couple of times for the haze I was in to disappear before I turnes ro look at hin with a face that was probably crimson.

"I... uh..."

"I was kidding Ms. Lee..." he gave me a wide smile, his teeth were as white as pearls. Clearly that man was just too perfect.

 

"Please, call me Ji eun..." 

 

"Ji eun..." he smiled once more, tasting my name on his lips. 

 

We stayed silent for some time as I watched him scribble some things down in a notebook and read carefully through a few papers in some folders that I had brought earlier. 

"When's your birthday..?" I blurted out suddebly and absentmindedly. Once I realized what I actually said, I covered my mouth with my hand and stared at him with wide eyes as he turned at me with a confused stare.

 

"I-I'm sorry, I was just..."

 

"November 6th..." he suddenly said. I blinked in confusion as he smiled back at me.

 

"What?"

 

"I was born on November 6th... you asked me when my birthday is…"

 

I stayed silent for a second, trying to understand what he meant before I suddenly found nyself chuckling. Why was I chuckling? 

He smiled at me before looking back to his notebook and folders. 

 

"You're nervous..." he raised his stare back to me, looking into my eyes. I opened my mouth to say something but he beat me to it.

"... Don’t be." 

 

I took a deep breath and smiled, he was really confident, handsome, and he really was nice, that I found myself smiling wider just like an idiot. He chuckled at that and looked back to his notebook again. And I...

 

 

I think I have found my plan.

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

Please show your support for this fic you guys :)) xx


Comment, Upvote, and Subscribe