The Beginning: Part Two

Teal

It'd been two weeks, but to Kibum, it felt more like two years. He spent most of his time on the filthy mattress, only getting up to painfully drag himself to the toilet. Every moment he was awake, which was becoming less and less as time went on, was agony. The three vampires tortured him constantly, tossing him in the air like a rag doll, snapping fingers, twisting wrists and ankles, throwing him against the wall, and drinking from him.

 

His neck and shoulders were covered in bite marks, while the rest of him was covered in cuts and bruises. It hurt to move, it hurt to breath. Every day he begged them to kill him. They would just laugh and force food into his mouth, and continue their torture, continue their feeding.

 

He whimpered when he heard the door unlock and open, and bit his lip nervously as Seungchul and Yunseok kneeled on either side of him. They leaned down and, almost simultaneously, bit into his neck. Kibum moaned weakly as they began to feed on him.

 

They fed on him for much longer than usual, and Kibum began to panic. Were they killing him? His eyelids began to feel heavy and suddenly realization hit him-no more pain, no more torture. He'd be reunited with his family. Peace at last. He let his eyes close and smiled weakly.

 

But then a hand was on his face, forcing his mouth open. He opened his eyes to see Seungchul bit into his wrist, then press the bleeding area into Kibum's mouth. "Drink."

 

Kibum didn't want to, but the thick crimson that dripped past his lips tasted sweet, sweeter than anything he'd had in months, so he drank, and drank, and whined when Seungchul pulled his hand away. Yunseok was quick to replace it with his own wrist and Kibum continued to drink, until it felt like he was being dropped into a tub of freezing cold water.

 

His lips released Yunseok's wrist with a smack and he gasped, inhaling deeply as he tried to catch his breath. "What's happening?" He whispered, as nausea filled him, and the cold feeling radiated outwards to the tips of his fingers and the bottoms of his feet. It felt as if even his eyes, tongue and teeth her not immune. His vision began to blur as he heard screaming-he didn't realize that the screams were his own.

 

 

 

As soon as Kibum's eyes opened, he gasped, and without thinking about it, pushed himself into a sitting position. Something was different-his vision seemed different somehow. He could see cracks in the ceiling he'd never been able to see before. Then he realized he'd pushed himself up on his mangled arms and gasped again, lifting his arms up, twisting and bending them, his eyes wide in shock as he laughed nervously to himself.

 

He didn't have much time to celebrate, because he was struck with a terrible hunger unlike any he'd ever felt before. He reached over beside the mattress where he'd left a roll on a broken, chipped plate. He could tell it was stale, but he didn't care, wasting no time ripping it in half and pushing a piece into his mouth. It was bland and tasteless, but Kibum swallowed it down anyway, hoping it would sate his hunger at least a little. When he'd finished it, he felt as if he was somehow hungrier.

 

He groaned, there was nothing else for him to eat, so he stood up and walked over to the door. He gasped and jumped back in shock when his fist went through the door when he knocked. "What in god's name?"

 

He knocked again, more nervous laughter spilling from his lips as his hand went through the door a second time. It was then he realized how many different sounds he could hear. The termites in the walls, chewing at the wood, the faint scrap of tree branches on the house, but most importantly, the conversation his captors were having.

 

"He was too easy to break!"

 

"When we get hurt all we need to do is drink some blood and we're okay! Plus he can take more!"

 

"Yeah, we'll have way more fun playing with him since he won't be so easy to break."

 

It was Yunseok and Seungchul.

 

Kibum furrowed his eyebrows. What had they done?

 

"Idiots!" Byungwoo screamed. "Have you forgotten what being a newborn vampire is like!? How strong they are!?"

 

Kibum gasped. They'd turned him into a vampire? Just so they could torture him more?

 

"Yeah, but there's one of him, and three of us!"

 

Kibum could hear Byungwoo's frustrated groan. "Fools. He will kill us when he realizes it." He stopped paying attention then and his lips slowly twisted up into a smirk. The smart one was scared of him. Then maybe he could escape. He tore the door down the rest of the way and headed into the den.

 

"Kibum, how are you feeling?" Byungwoo asked, his voice sickeningly sweet.

 

Kibum didn't respond, instead he ran at him, tackling him to the ground. He felt a throb begin in his teeth and without thinking about it, leaned down and bit into Byungwoo's neck, while the older vampire writhed beneath him.

 

Seungchul and Yunseok both cursed and ran over to him, trying desperately to pull Kibum off their leader, but he threw his hands backwards, hitting the two in the face and sending them backwards. Before the two had time to get the newborn off their leader, his throat had already been ripped out.

 

Kibum threw his head back and slurped noisily as he swallowed down the meat and blood, then leaned his head to rip into the other side of Byungwoo's neck, ripping away the remaining tendons that connected his head from his body, successfully decapitating him.

 

The blood that spilled into Kibum's mouth was bitter. A polar opposite of the blood he'd drunk from Seungchul and Yunseok. He hated it, he wanted that sweet warmth from before. He turned to face Byungwoo's two goons, and they stood rooted in their spot, frozen by fear.

 

Kibum latched onto Seungchul's shoulders and wasted no time ripping into his throat, hot blood spraying into his mouth and across his face. Yunseok watched on horrified, as he began to back up, ready to abandon his friend and flee. Kibum groaned in frustration as he ripped Seungchul's head from his shoulders, as the same bitter taste filled his mouth as he drank the fool's blood.

 

He dropped the dead vampire and turned in Yunseok's direction, to see he had moved all the way down the hallway, and he walked to him calmly, parting his bloody lips to smile, revealing bloodstained teeth.

 

"You don't wanna do this Kibum," Yunseok said, his voice shaky as he continued stepping backwards, heading towards the entrance of the house.

 

"yes I do," Kibum said simply as Yunseok fiddled with the lock on the door, trying to escape. Kibum closed the distance between them quickly and he laughed to himself when he realized how fast he'd moved.

 

It didn't take long for Yunseok to meet the same fate his two partners had met, leaving Kibum standing alone in the center of the room, Yunseok's body at his feet.

 

He wandered around the house, stopping in a room to strip himself of his bloody clothes, and change into clean, then wash his face. He went through drawers and cabinets, taking anything useful with him, until he found a suitcase that he dumped everything inside of.

 

Starting the fire had been difficult, and he'd burned his thumb, but it was worth it to watch the little house go up in flames, knowing the most hideous creatures he'd ever met were inside. He didn't stay long. He knew the fire would be easy to spot in the darkness. He ran, disappearing into the woods, hoping there would be a town nearby where he could get used to his new body, and start a new life. 

 

THE END