The Beginning: Part One

Teal

Warning: There is some violence and blood in this one.

 

----------

The horrified screams of his mother were what pulled Kibum from his sleep. He shot out of bed and ran out of his room, stumbling down the stairs in the darkness, headed towards the dimly lit kitchen.

 

By the time he had reached the kitchen, his mother was already dead, her body slumped over in a chair, her head face down on the kitchen table, blood pouring from her neck and pooling underneath her face. His mouth fell open and tears pricked the corners of his eyes.

 

Two men had his father and grandfather against their chests, their fingers digging into their arms to keep them from moving. A third stood near the kitchen table, wiping the blood from his mouth with the back of his hand. His head snapped up when he heard Kibum come in.

 

"Father?!"

 

"Is this your boy, Kim?" The man by the table asked. Kibum's father didn't answer him, still in shock from watching his wife get murdered.

 

"Run boy!" Kibum's grandfather yelled.

 

"But-" Before he had a chance to finish his sentence the man who had been wiping his mouth had moved in front of him and wrapped his fingers around Kibum's throat.

 

He gagged and reached up, trying desperately to pull the man's fingers away, but he was easily overpowered, his captor seemingly unbothered by the way he dug his nails into his hands and fingers.

 

"He's kind of pretty, I think we'll keep him." He said to the men behind him.

 

Kibum looked past the man holding him by the throat, and watched on in horror as the men, no, demons, holding onto his remaining family members, leaned over and ripped into their necks.

 

"No! Stop!" Kibum's screams fell on deaf ears as he struggled to free himself. "Please!" The gurgling of his father's and grandfather's screams, and the loud crack of their necks snapping, were sounds that would haunt him for decades. When their bodies hit the floor, Kibum was released, and he let out a sob as he dropped to his knees.

 

He was met with darkness as he fell face first onto the ground after the man punched him the back of the head.

 

 

/////////

 

Kibum groaned as he woke, reaching up to tenderly rub at the lump on the back of his head. He glanced around at the unfamiliar surroundings, fear filling him as he remembered what had happened.

 

The room seemed small, but he couldn't tell for sure with only the flicker of a few small oil lamps for light. He sat on a grungy mattress situated in the corner on a dirt floor. A few feet away was a wooden bench with a hole in the seat and a pile of old cloths beside it. He scrunched his nose. No indoor plumbing. He looked around the rest of the room, but there was nothing to see.

 

He stood up to go check the door. He knew it would be locked but he tried it anyway, then banged his fist against it. "Hello?!" He paused his knocking to listen for a response, but heard nothing. He resumed his knocking. "Let me out! Is anyone there?" He kept knocking, then switched hands when his fist began to ache, and continued yelling out for help, kicking at the door every so often, until his throat hurt. He gave a final kick to the door and sighed before trudging back to the mattress and flopping down on it, leaning back against the wall. He pulled his knees against his chest and buried his face in them, letting out a loud sob as he did.

 

///////

 

Added weight on the mattress pulled Kibum from his sleep. He opened his eyes to see one of the monsters from before kneeling beside him.

 

"Hi," He smiled widely, revealing unhuman teeth, looking razor sharp. "I'm Yunseok."

 

Realization dawned on Kibum and he gasped, scrambling backwards. "va...vampire."

 

"mhmm," Yunseok nodded, closing the distance between the human and himself. "So is Seungchul and Byungwoo, but since I won rock, paper, scissors, I get to play with you first."

 

Kibum swallowed nervously. "Play?"

 

Yunseok laughed and reached out, to grab Kibum by his hair, smiling as he squealed, and fling him across the room, watching in delight as Kibum's body slammed against the far wall.

 

Kibum let out a pained groan as he hit the wall and fell to the ground. Slowly, he rolled onto his stomach, in pain as he did, to try and push himself up. The moment he applied any weight to his arms and hands an excruciating pain shot through him, and he let out a scream as he collapsed back onto the floor with a muffled groan.

 

Yunseok had watched the entire time, and had enjoyed every second of it. The fear in Kibum's eyes, the smell of his sweat, his tears, the dribble of urine that he couldn't see but knew Kibum had involuntarily released, the cracking sound of his bones, the way he cried out in pain, the sound of his heart racing, and best of all, the smell of the fresh blood that oozed from Kibum's arm, where a piece of bone had pierced through the skin.

 

Kibum whimpered in fear as he watched Yunseok step towards him, and yelped in agony when the vampire grabbed him by the wrist and lifted him in the air.

 

"Please, please, please," Kibum chanted, fresh tears streaking down his cheeks as Yunseok jerked his arm towards his face, and wrapped his mouth around the hole the jagged bone had created, and noisely, as Kibum's blood slid down his throat.

 

Kibum screamed as he flailed his legs, but the kicks were not nearly enough to deter Yunseok. The vampire didn't release him until he'd drunk his fill, then dropped him back onto the mattress. He leaned down and bent Kibum's arms into their proper position, chuckling as the human screamed. When he'd straightened his arms, he stood back up, and left the room, the sound of the lock loud in Kibum's ears.