A bet .

They don't exist , do they ?

 

 

The doorbell rang just as Chanhee's mother put on her beige coat ( getting ready for her random date with her husband of course ) .

 

She casually swayed the door open, totally slipping the fact her son's friend was coming.

 

As she opened the door,  she turned blank blinking few times as her eyes scanned the girl before her.

 

The girl had long blonde hair styled in soft waves ,  beautiful almond brown eyes with two moles under the right one,  cute pouty pink lips and fair complexion.

She sported an elbow length sleeve white dress with a thin gold belt just above the waistline .

For the shoes , she wore an elegant laced white  heels .

 


 

" Who is it ,   mum ? "

Chanhee's voice chimed about the house until he noticed the situation..  

 

He had to blink twice and shake his head..


 

Byunghun  ?

He mentally wondered.


 

" Hello ,  chanhee. " Greeted the blonde girl cheerfully ,  her eyes turning into crescents .

 

" Oh .  You are my son's friend ? " Asked Mrs lee as she stepped aside ,  allowing Byunghun to get it who nodded and introduced himself as Lsun .

 

Anyone could tell Chanhee’s mother took an instant liking to Lsun .

 

The girl seemed well - mannered and cute .

 

But Chanhee himself  was still in his  “  turned into a stone “  state .


 

His mind was still wondering .. Byunghun ? Really ?

 

Lsun poked Chanhee , smiling as she widened her eyes at him so he joins the act .

 

Just then Mr lee emerged , perfecting his necktie .

When he noticed a new face , he smiled and nodded figuring out it had to be the girl his son was talking about .

 

Lsun returned the greeting with a nod of her own  .

 

Eventually , Chanhee’s parents informing their son that was no food in the house .


 

And so , Chanhee and Byunghun had to go for a date of their own .




 

As they were strolling about the mall , Byunghun felt a hand wrapped around his waist pulling him closer .

He barely suppressed a gasp turning around to face Chanhee who mumbled something about the boys checking Byunghun out .

 

The younger squinted his eyes suspiciously .

 

“ And you didn’t like it ? “ Byunghun asked , his eyes piercing the elder .

 

“ Well . Of course not .. They have to show some respect to the guy accompanying you ! “

reasoned Chanhee , his grip unconsciously tightening around the small of Byunghun’s waist that made the younger fight back a squeal .

 

 

“ But you are not my boyfriend .. “  Pointed out  Byunghun , his sole intention testing Chanhee .


 

“ They don’t know that , so they should behave ! “ Said Chanhee as a matter of factly and that’s when Byunghun chuckled softly deciding to let the elder off the hook .



 

They finally arrived in a forest-like cafe  , jasmine scented , wooden furniture , Branches of trees swirling about every table providing some  sense of privacy  .

 

Having settled down on a table , ordered their food and chatted a bit about Chanhee’s parents totally buying it , the elder excused himself for a moment giving Byunghun some time to sigh dreamily .

Everything was going perfect so far  .


 

Ironically , Just then Byunghun heard a familiar voice in the table behind him .



 

“ Wow Gyuri , you totally nailed it ! No girl ever got lucky enough to actually date Chanhee .. When you first made a bet on it , We didn’t believe it but damn ! “ One girl said , clapping her hands briefly .


 

“ Hah ~ Told you girls ! He is totally wrapped around my finger ~ “ Bragged Gyuri as she flipped her hair .



 

“ Hey . “ Said Chanhee making Byunghun gasp and face him .. the younger’s reaction got Chanhee alarmed so he tilted his head quizzically silently urging Byunghun to start talking  .

 

But he didn’t need to , for the girls loud cheers resonated about the area .

 

Byunghun lowered his head and face palmed whilst Chanhee stared blankly , mouth parted as he processed everything .



 

 

 

~ ♦ ~ 

 

 

 

 

“  Come on , Chanhee ! She wasn't all that ! "

Byunghun threw his hands up in the air portraying his frustration only to have the other glare at him .

And it did make him flinch as Chanhee got up approaching him where he was sitting on the bed .


Byunghun never felt that unfortunate not having Chanhee's parents around .




He gripped the bed nervously as Chanhee closed the distance between them , his Dolce & Gabbana fragrance doing Byunghun no good . Him being in the girl form didn't really help either especially with how short the dress seemed when he sat down .





Chanhee had too many faces for Byunghun to take .


Now a completely foreign one got unleashed by him discovering he was nothing but a " Bet " to Gyuri .





“ I wasn't mad because I oh so fell for her .”

Explained Chanhee , his back arching  as he stared at Byunghun .


His eyes ignited by a glint of anger , sadness mixed with disappointment.



“ Though I did get used to her in my life. “

He looked away at that  point , raising his eyebrow.

It was his first time labeling his feelings about her.




“  I was mad because I was made fun of. ”

He softly reasoned taking note of Byunghun's small Adam' s apple bobbed and the  amount of  anxiety in his eyes.





“   All . this . time !! “   Snapped Chanhee as he leaned away throwing his hands up in the air ,  still having a hard time believing it.





A .  freaking . girl . had . him . fooled !





Did boys switch roles with girls these days ?

Wasn't it usually the other way round ?



Snorts escaped past  Chanhee's lips as he paced around the room , Byunghun grateful his personal bubble wasn't invaded anymore.



Having Chanhee gazing at him for a long time originally did things to his heart.

Now having him do it up close certainly intensified whatever happened , whatever effect Chanhee had.






“ I have never felt that humiliated . Just when I thought luck was  finally standing by my side , it turns out the exact opposite.  "


" It's like the devil of luck I had was there snorting at me if not gloating at my misfortune, now foolishness too. “



Chanhee had  finally dropped to the ground pitying himself.


Was he going to live like this forever ? His own luck leading him to his downfall ?


What if he hadn't discover it ? Would it have gotten to the point of him falling for her ?



Then getting A broken heart when she leaves ? Should he be feeling grateful it didn't get to that ?


Somehow.. yea .





It would have killed him if he loved her. He would have felt even more betrayed.


Even more stupid for once believing her ,  for being delusional he could safely start dating someone now.





Chanhee let out a frustrated sigh as he angrily ran his hands through his red locks.





Byunghun decided to stay silent not wanting to pester the other .

He felt a shiver run down his spin , probably a post- Chanhee- fit - of - anger - effect.




Slowly , the bed dipped down as Byunghun willed himself to get up and sat himself next to Chanhee.

He pursed his lips missing the soft Comfy mattress , at least it was the only thing easing his nervousness.





Now a harsh floor engulfed him .. An equally harsh reaction would probably accompany it.

He was honestly scared of Chanhee then .



Moments passed as silence enveloped them , not a comfortable one though .