Chapter 1

The First Time I Saw You


Soyou's POV

"You what," one of my best friends, Min asked over the phone, shock visible on the tone of her voice. "Look, I know I vandalized the ground but," she cut my statement. "But what," she asked again and again. "I'll tell you tomorrow. Bye," I said as I ended our call. I can't believe that summer is about to end and tomorrow would be the first day of school. It felt like the last day of school was yesterday. Time really is fast. I lied down on my bed and stared at the ceiling. I wonder who that guy is. I blame my poor eyesight for only seeing his blurry face. "Soyou," mom knocked on my door. "Time to eat dinner," she said from the other side of the door. “Coming mom,” I said with a low volume voice. I went to the dining room and sat on my chair. “Princess, dad will go on a business trip,” dad said. “Mom won’t tag along,” I asked. I took my fork then started to eat the carbonara on my plate. “Nope,” mom answered. “I see. By the way mom and dad, I just want to inform you that I will be going home late tomorrow because I’m going to hang out with my friends,” I mentioned. They nodded and continued to eat. “Thank you for the food,” I said before leaving the table. “Sleep early young girl,” mom said. I then said, “Sure,” and ran to my room. I took out my favorite outfit, the one I wore a while ago, from the hamper. This might be a bit disturbing but I’m not going to wash this until Mr. Voice and I will enter a relationship. What a weird nickname I called him.  I folded the clothes, put it inside an empty box, and then stick a post-it with the caption of “First Time I Saw You (08-10-14)” on the cover of the box. I placed it under my bed. I won’t forget this day, and I never shall.

 

            “Can I ask for your name, miss,” a boy asked me. That voice is way too familiar. Wait, could it be… could it be… “Mr. Voice,” I mumbled. “Excuse me, what did you say,” he begged my pardon. “Nothing. I’m Kang Jihyun but you can call me Soyou. And you are,” I asked back but he ignored my question. “Do you have a boyfriend,” he questioned. How straight-forward. I shook my head as a reply. “Well then, would you be my girlfriend?” Did he just… Did he just ask me out? I nodded then blushed out of embarrassment. He hugged me tightly which made it hard for me to breathe. He then slowly closed the space between us. Our face was only a few millimeters away but his face was still blurry. He was about to kiss me when my mom suddenly appeared and ruined the scene. “What are you doing,” she asked with a questioning look.  I opened my eyes to see my mom cross-armed. “Are you perhaps dreaming about a person you like,” mom asked with a teasing smile on her face. I gave her a weird look as a response and went to the washroom. I took a bath and brushed my teeth before going to the dining room to eat breakfast. “Here’s your allowance for the week dear,” mom handed me 1000 dollars. “Thanks,” I said as I finish the porridge that the maid prepared for me. I took my bag and bid goodbyes with my parents. “Take care sweetie,” mom and dad said in unison. I gave them a smile and rode on the car. Here goes my first day of school…

 

            The hall was pretty noisy. Well, I did expect this since everyone hasn’t seen each other for a while. To my surprise, someone covered my eyes. “Guess who,” the person asked. “Oh my, Min I missed you so much,” I said as I hugged her tightly. “I can’t breathe,” she said which made me let go of her. “And don’t go missing me, idiot,” she jokingly told me then playfully punched me. “Now, can you tell me what happened yesterday,” her face turned to a serious one. “About that,” I took her hand then dragged her to the garden to have some privacy because some people in our school like to eavesdrop. After a few minutes of explaining, she started teasing me. “For the first time in forever, you finally are in love,” she sang to the tune of “For the First Time in Forever” of Frozen. How childish. “Shut up,” I chuckled. The bell rang which made both of us panicked because neither of us knew what section we’re in. We hurriedly went to the bulletin board and checked our section. “We’re both in section a, sweet,” we said in unison then high-fived. We were about to depart when I heard two boys talking. “Bro, we’re on the same section,” one of the boys said. “Is that so? Let’s go then,” the other one said. That voice… could it be him? I turned around but to my dismay, only their backs were facing me. They started running which made me run after them for an unknown reason. “Hey! Soyou! Wait up,” Min shouted and started to run as well. I accidentally tripped and landed on my . I can only look at them running. And there goes my chance. I sighed to the thought of it. “What were you thinking Soyou? You could have broken your leg,” Min said and offered me her hand which I took but fell down again. “My hurts,” I said with embarrassment then pouted. “I’m taking you to the clinic but first let me call Donghyun to carry you,” she said as she took her phone out of her pocket. All I did was to sit on the floor, waited Donghyun to come and save my day.

 

            “What happened back there,” Donghyun asked as soon as he placed me on the bed of the clinic. “I swear it’s him,” I told him. “Who him,” he asked. “The one she admires a lot. She met him yesterday at the park,” Min answered and explained everything to him for my sake. “She even vandalized the ground which is truly against the law,” she said. “Is that so,” he said. I can’t do anything but to nod. “You’re off to go,” the nurse said after letting me drink pain killers. “Thank you,” I said then bowed before leaving. “What section I asked Donghyun. “Same section as yours,” he answered. “Let’s hurry. We’re already 10 minutes late,” I said. We hurriedly run to our classroom and as what we expected the teacher was already there. “Good morning ma’am. Sorry we’re late,” I said as I handed her a note that states that we went to the clinic. “It’s okay. Go and take your seat,” she told the three of us. “Okay class, listen up. My name is Kim Sun Ah but you can call me Mrs. Kim. I am your adviser and your English teacher ‘til the school year ends,” she said out loud. “We have three new transferees. Please do introduce yourself to the class,” she told the three ‘new’ students standing beside her. I looked at them one by one. Two boys, one girl. I don’t know why but one of the guys caught my attention. “Hello. My name is Park Sojin. Please take care of me,” the girl said. “My name is Cha Hak Yeon but you can call me N. Nice to meet you all,” one of the boys said which made some of the girls squeal. “My name is Jung Taek Woon but call me Leo,” the other guy said. That voice… It must be him. I stared at him as he continued his introduction. “I want to be your friends” he told everybody cheerfully which made the girls squeal even louder. I thought I would never see him. I’m so glad I finally saw him. “Soyou, you okay? You seemed to be drowning from your deep thoughts,” Min said. “I’m okay,” I said without breaking the stare I was giving to Mr. Voice. “You may now take the seat available,” Mrs. Kim smiles. “Before we officially start the day, I want each and everyone except the transferees to introduce yourself in the class,” she said. When the introduction was up, I wasn’t paying attention to it, I only stared at Mr. Voice. He’s physical appearance matches his personality. Well.. What can I say? That’s my Mr. Voice. “You look so pretty,” I heard Leo talking to Sojin. Yup, I agree with Leo. Sojin looks prett—WHAT?!?! Did he just compliment her? Mammamia T^T


Characters

2.) Lee Min Young a.k.a. Min

~ 16 y.o.

~ one of Soyou's bestfriend

~ strong woman

 

3.) Soyou's Parents

~ Soyou's mom: kang ji woo

~ Soyou's dad: kang sang hyun

 

4.) Kim Donghyun

~ 18 y.o.

~ One of Soyou's bestfriend

~ sensitive

 

5.) Kim Sun Ah

~ Homeroom teacher

~ English teacher

 

6.) Park Sojin

~ 17 y.o.

~ One of the transferees

~ Charming

 

7.) Cha Hak Yeon a.k.a. N

~ 18 y.o.

~ Leo's Bestfriend

~ dark-skinned, manly

~ one of the transferees

 

8.) Jung Taek Woon a.k.a. Leo

~ 18 y.o.

~ Mr. Voice

~ sweet, kind, sporty

~ one of the transferees


 

Here's the 1st chapter. Hope you find it interesting. Again, this story is inspired by the manga Sprout. Sorry for the bad grammar :( If my story is slightly the same as yours then it's pure coincidence. I would really appreciate it if you COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, AND UPVOTE. ^^ Thanks ~ 

 

March 15, 2015

-BestfriendStar1