Chapter 9

An online friend was how it all started...

'I want this, this, this, this, this, this and this!' Soomi squealed as she threw a handful of snacks into the trolley.

Eunhyuk, Henry and Yesung stared at her.

‘You sound just like Shindong. Just that your voice is higher...’ Henry commented as he pushed the trolley towards the milk section.

‘Yah! Wait for me!!!’ Soomi shouted at the three boys.

 

For the next 20 minutes, the three boys were happily talking about some weird thing that they did not realise that Soomi was gone.

 

Meanwhile, at Soomi’s side...

Soomi’s POV

Why did I agree to follow them? They’re just talking nonsense and walking, how boring. I can even here Yesung talking about Moon Geunyoung.... Wait, maybe I should play a prank on them....

End of POV

‘I’ve got about 60,000won with me... It should be enough to last me half a day...’ Soomi mumbled to herself before stealthily slipping out of the supermarket.

 

Back to Yesung, Eunhyuk and Henry’s side...

‘No! Moon Guenyoung is soooo much prettier!!!’ Yesung argued.

‘Nooooo... Hyoyeon looks better!!!!’ Eunhyuk shouted back.

‘Oh just shut up both of you.’ Henry said.

Yesung and Eunhyuk exchanged death glares before facing the opposite directions.

When the trio reached home, they found a very angry Ryeowook standing at the doorstep.

‘Where on the world is my sister?’

‘Chill Wookie, she’s right- Wait, where on the world is she?’ Yesung looked around the corridor.

‘Don’t tell me you lost her.’ Ryeowook said.

‘I think I just did.’ Yesung ran down the stairs to search for Soomi.

 

In Soomi’s side...

‘Hmmmm... What shall I do? It’s only five in the evening, maybe I’ll go back at nine. Ryeowook may have left some food for me.... So for the time being, let’s go to the arcade!!!’ Soomi excitedly ran to the nearest shopping centre with an arcade in it.

 

In Yesung’s side...

‘Aish... Where’s that girl? If I don’t find her... Ryeowook’s gonna kill me... I hope she’s ok... I don’t think anything will happen to her right? What if she gets into an accident?’ Yesung mumbled as he ran to the nearest park.

Hearing himself sounding so concerned about Soomi, Yesung stopped in his tracks.

‘Why do I seem so concerned about her?And my heart’s beating so fast....’

Nah, maybe it’s because I ran...He shook the thoughts out of his head.

 

In Soomi’s side...

‘Die!!! Diee!!!! Dieeeeee!!!!!Dieeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!’ Soomi shouted as she shot down all of the monsters down.

HIGH  SCORE

‘YESSSSSSS!!!!! I FRIGGIN’ GOT HIGH SCORE!!!!’ Soomi screamed without caring whether people heard her.

‘KIM SOOMI!!!!!’ A familiar voice rang in her ear.