Chapter VII - 4

Think Again

She couldn't relax in that situation, even if she tried to. She sat up, with her leg still hurting and a little bit nauseous. There were still two doors to open; number 4 and 5, and she was scared as hell to continue.

After she gained a bit of strength she stood up and limped across the hall to the 4th door. She touched it, felt it, smelled it, she even leaned one side of her head against it to hear if there was another song playing. Nothing, just iron in its normal state and a lot of silence.

She grabbed the knob and turned it, pushing the door. As soon as she entered she knew something was wrong. She heard a whoosh and started freaking out. There was something ticking now, like a... like a bomb. As the door closed behind her she saw a cut wire attached to it and a note on it, Wendy's note. She looked around and there was nothing else in the room, just a countdown timer with big red numbers and a text painted on the walls. She started reading.

THE TIMER MARKS HOW MUCH TIME YOU HAVE LEFT.

04:52

THE WALLS ARE MADE OF BRICK, YOU HAVE TO LOOK FOR THAT ONE WOODEN SPOT AND BREAK IT. IN THAT HOLE YOU'LL FIND YOUR SALVATION; THE CABLE TO DEACTIVATE THE BOMB AND THE KEY TO THE 5TH DOOR. LET'S SEE IF ALL THOSE BOXING CLASSES PAYED OFF. HURRY UP, KANG SEULGI.

04:42

Reading her name painted on the wall creeped her out but she had no time for that. Without even thinking she started knocking on the walls, every five inches. The room was huge, so there was no time to lose.

03:28

One wall of the four was covered, and she had found nothing. It all sounded the same to her. She was starting to get upset and the dread was consuming her. She started with the second wall, her knuckles were starting to hurt but she couldn't stop.

02:46

Nothing on the second wall. A lot of thoughts started invading her mind; doubts, questions, fears. What if she never got out of there? What would happen to Wendy? What would happen to herself? She started thinking about her parents; she wanted to make them happy. 'If only they knew...' There was nothing she desired more than to get out of that filthy place. She thought about all the time she had wasted taking everything for granted. Living life like it was an obligation when actually, it was a gift. It's true that people never know what they have until they lose it.

01:58

"I'm not gonna die. Not here, not now" she mumbled. She kept knocking and knocking, it seemed useless. She was carefully examining the third wall and it happened. Finally, it sounded different, it sounded hollow. She checked where it started and where it ended and started punching the wall so hard, like it was the face of her enemy. Her hand started bleeding, but she wouldn't stop, not until she saw that cable and that key.

00:35

Her punches were stronger than ever, and yes, being a boxing trainer was a huge help. She opened a hole on the wall and began pulling the chipped wood out. There it was, her so called 'salvation'. This time the key was golden; she felt as if the person who was doing all this was congratulating her on her big effort. She quickly put it in her pocket.

00:03

She reached for the cable.

00:02

She started pulling hard.

00:01

She placed one feet on the wall and pulled again, gathering all the strength of her tired bruised body. After draining all her energy out, she finally ripped the cable off and fell to the floor, defeated. She looked up to the timer.

00:01

She sighed and suddenly started laughing... or crying, or both, she was not sure. She was frightened but at the same time relieved. As she let her head fall to one side, her eyes met Wendy's note still taped to the door. She took her time to stand up and go take the paper.

 

Thu, 24 of June, 2015

Hey you! I think I'm starting to figure Seulgi out. Remember a couple of days ago told you we talked about our lives a lot and then yesterday she was like super shy? Well, I think she wants to look tough and strong around other people, as if she didn't want to let her guard down because it makes her look weak or something. When we're alone though... she's the sweetest. It happened today again.

Long story short, Mrs Kwon had some kind of personal issue and she couldn’t make it to class so I asked Seulgi to help me study for an exam we have next week. Well, we went to the library and she started reading out loud but like… in whispers and I couldn’t help staring hahaha so when she noticed she looked up at me so firmly I could feel myself melting; she was kind of upset I wasn’t listening but I told her I was sorry and then I said “this isn’t working, you’re too distracting” I can’t really believe those words actually came out of my mind, damn. After that, her cute cheeks turned totally red and she tried to change the subject so we ended up talking a lot about stuff, nothing school related, private stuff you know; she told me she didn’t really like law school but she was there because of her parents, I think she opened up to me… Diary, have I just softened Kang Seulgi? OMG.

“Yes, you did, silly girl, you softened me” Seulgi mumbled as she read, with a crooked smile on her face. Even if her body was beaten up, she felt some kind of relief every time she grabbed one Wendy’s diary pages. There was just one more paragraph left.

About the rest of my life… I’m really miss my sister, my family in general, my friends… I guess I miss having someone to tell everything to. It’s not the same when there are 13 hours keeping us apart, it gets really hard sometimes. I wish I had someone I knew here with me, I feel so alone, especially at night when I’m in my room and everything’s dark and silent. I also feel unprotected, like something could happen to me and no one would find out, idk, maybe I’m just being overdramatic lol but enough of this, tomorrow is the last day of the week finally!! I’ll sleep now, xox

Wendy.

 

All the relief she felt at the beginning had been suddenly drained out of her body. She reread ‘something could happen to me and no one would find out’ it was ironic and unfair. She felt a black hole of sadness growing inside of her but she wouldn’t let anything stop her at that moment so she got out of that room, walked to the next door, put the golden key in the ignition and turned it.

 

 

Author's note: Hey chingudeul, new chapter! I hope you like it :D The story is coming to an end, let's see what happens in the next chapter, please look forward to it! :D Thank you for reading ♥