39: Vivian's Offer

Living as a Vampire II

SUMMER

   Four years later...

  

  "Girls' Generation make you feel the heat. And we're doing it, we can't be beat. B-Bring the boys out!"

  My jaw drops as I saw them dancing like goddesses in the TV, I didn't know that they're already famous. It's been four years, I still have a contact with them but they never told me that they were already in the red carpet!

  "Wow! They have changed!" I said in amazement while eating some chips in the living room, "Sooyoung must've doing well with her borrowed identity." I commented as I watch Sooyoung, dancing like a queen along with Hyoyeon and Yoona. As the song ends, audience cheered and screamed their names a loud.

  "Annyeonghaseyo, So Nyeo Shi Dae imnida~!"

  They greeted in unison and bowed as a sign of greeting them, I can see Sooyoung is very happy with them, she's back from being the shikshin of the group.

  I'm happy to see her being with them again.

  "Summer!"

  I jumped off from the couch as Soojin called my name, "Yes? I'm here!" I respond. "Time for your night shift!" She answered from the kitchen, which makes me groan. "But your sister is on TV!" I retort, "What?" She asked. "I said, Sooyoung is on TV!"

  "I know, but you have to do your hero work every night!" She answered again.

  I groan again and rub my nape, I grabbed the remote and turn the TV off. "I'm sorry, Sooyoung. Hero calls." Then I walked inside my room and change my clothes.

  I wear a black mock turtleneck zipped sweater, maroon coat with a loose hood, black tight pants, leg wraps and a pair of ankle shoes. To cover my identity, I wore a ski mask. How can I forget my favorite things to bring? 3 swiss knives, a stun gun, a hidden dagger, a gaunlet with a hidden blade and a rope launcher, smoke bombs, firecrackers, my favorite black katana and a spell booklet.

  Looks like I'm a ninja in a mission, like an assassin that has a mission to assassinate someone.

  I have no organization to join, no leaders to gave me orders and no assignments. I am just a vigilant kunoichi (means a female ninja) who wants to suppress crimes at night.

  I'm an immortal.

  Yes, but still a living being. I've completely controlled my powers, Soojin trained me to control it, but she told me to hunt bad guys down for me to become like Sooyoung. 

  I run through the roofs and trees, I stopped in the edge of a skyscraper and looking for a crime to put down. As I can't see any, my irises turned into gold for a wide sensor, like a wolf. I smirked, "Where those guys going?" I commented as I saw a truck running faster on an empty road. Just in time, my phone rings.

  Then, I snapped my fingers. A portal came and let out three hellhounds, I ordered them to slow that truck down.

  "Hello?" I answered.

  "Hey, Summer!" Damn, Sooyoung! Wrong timing! "How have you been?"

  "I, uhh... I'm fine, how about you?" I answered while rubbing my nape. "Same. Did you watch M-Countdown lately?" She asked, "Y-Yeah, uhh, why didn't you tell me this four years ago?"

  She giggled, "To surprise you." She said. I sighed and shook my head, "I hate surprises." I admit with a bored look. "Uhh, why is windy in the other line? Where are you, Summer?" She asked. "I'm at the beach, walking alone and breathe some fresh air." I lied with a smile.

  "Seriously? It's 11:30 and you still had a moment to go out this late?" Oh no, here comes the mother tone.

  "I uhh, Soojin and I have a vacation near the beach, it's been four years since we had a vacation in Sapporo." I giggled, I heard her sigh, "Alright, I understand. But don't let anyone notice your face, or else some of my fans will get suspicious and take a picture with you."

  "Your fans? How did you have your own fans?" I laughed. "Duh, they were my fans. They even called the fan of mine as Sooyoungsters." She said.

  "Yeah right, I have to hang up now." I said. "Okay but--"

  "Sooyoung, are you talking with Summer?" A familiar voice coming from the other line, "Yeah, she's busy right now. She's gonna hang up now." Now she's talking with someone.

  "Oh, please say hi and I missed her for me." Then it giggled. "Okay, Seohyun."

  "Summer, Seohyun says hi and she misses you." Sooyoung said, "I know, I heard it." I smiled. "I miss her, too." I answered back. "Gonna hang up now, sayonara!" Then I hang up and put it back to my pocket.

  I smirked and launched the rope launcher to the next roof, I jumped and swung over to the roofs to follow the truck.

 

~~

 

  I felt a cold liquid dampened in my face, I woke up in an unfamiliar place. I look around and I can only see a light bulb and a table. I tried to move but my hands and feet were tied back on the chair, "What the hell?" I tried to break free from those but it failed.

  "Good evening, Ms. Choi." A familiar voice greeted me.

  "Who are you? Where am I?" I asked straightly, "You are in a place where nobody can see you here." She answered. She shows herself from the dark, I was astonished. A woman in black, pale blonde hair with a down ponytail, a pair of doe eyes and a snow-like skin. How could I forget her name?

  "Yoona?"

  She smirked, "My name is Vivian, and you are here for something important." then she shoved an envelope on the table. "How can I open that thing if my hands were tied up?" I said. She crossed her arms and looked to me, "It is just a rope tied within your hands, you can use your power to remove it." she answered carelessly. "You tied me up then you will just let me remove it? What the hell is your problem?" I spat.

  "I am not the one who tied you, and besides, I don't want to get my hands dirty." she answered, "It's not what you think, Ms. Choi. We are not bad guys that kidnapped you here."

  "Is this some kind of a joke, Yoona? If it was, then it's not funny at all." I refuse to believe what's going on, I know Yoona has the most of pranks than I am. She looked to me in a stern look, "I am not the one you called as a friend, but I am the one of your friend's body double."

  "You are Yoona's body double?"

  Vivian sighed, "Let us get this things straight." Her stern face eventually turned into a calm one, "You have no organization to work with, only by yourself, right?" she asked then I nodded. "Well, we need you to be with us." She smiled.

  "Is this the BBS?" I asked, she shook her head, "It is more than that, Ms. Choi."

  I used my powers to remove the rope tied within my hands, "Can you just drop the formalities? I hate calling me Ms. Choi." I said. She chuckled, "Alright then, Summer. I'm here to give you an offer to join us." she pointed the envelope in front of me. I moved my hands and opened the envelope, I saw 500,000 dollars inside that envelope. 

  "Are you serious?" I almost exclaimed as I saw a huge money inside, "Or you just want to use me?"

  "I am not here to use you. Just like what I said earlier, we need you to be with us." she repeated like an inspector.

  Geez. She's more opposite than Yoona's attitude. Vivian is kinda calm, has no sense of humor, she's not as feminine as Yoona, a matured appearance, well-mannered and neat-looking woman. "We recruit, to create a group of people who hunts monsters." she added.

  "Then you were like Black Blood Society, huh? Hunting monsters, capture them and experiment them." I said. "Except capture and experiment." she answered, "We kill monsters, we're not experimenting them, but capturing them is optional."

  "Why you have to recruit me? Why me?" I asked her, "You had a potential and skill of being a hunter, that is why we want to recruit you." then she stood up from the chair and starts pacing around me. "Soon, we will collaborate with the BBS, where your friends working as hunters." she said, "You will see Sooyoung, Seohyun and everyone there, again."

  "Are you sure about what you are saying?" I said.

  She nodded, "Indeed, Summer. For now, we have to recruit more skilled people like you."

  "I really like your offer but..." I secretly cut the rope from my feet, "... I'm not sure if you're like Hyuna or not." My eyes starts to glow gold and was going to attack her. Though Vivian is Yoona's body double, she had an intention to do something to me.

  As my fist is nearly a centimeter towards her face, she dissapeared quickly. I gasped as my fist just run through in the air, "What?" I look around and saw nothing but a light and the table. I was going to grab my sword but I forgot that I was defenseless when I was tied up, "Damn, where did she put my sword?" I muttered.

  I suddenly felt a needle dug on my skin and it releases something inside me, "Argh! Ahh!" I groan and fell down. She injected something on my neck, I'm a bit dizzy for a second then I looked to her. I manage to stand up and attack her once again, but it stopped half way towards her face. "W-What?" I throw a punch again but it stopped again.

  Vivian laughed seductively, yet Yoona never do that laugh. "I just injected you a nanochip, you can't retaliate a person who gave you a chip. But..." She quickly grabbed my fist and she hit my stomach by her knee, I groaned and knelt in pain. Damn, she hit me very hard. "...only the person who injected you can do it."

  "Y-You..." I gritted my teeth, "What do you really want from me?"

  She smirked, "I don't have any interest with you, Angelique told me to join you to our little propaganda."

  "The Black Swan? That masked fugitive?" I mentioned. "Oh? So you know her already? Wow." She said. "Leo, Hongbin and Krystal were already with us, they were already with us for three years." Krystal? Leo and Hongbin? So they were also spying BBS?

 

  "Vivian..."

 

  She turns her head and grin, "Speaking of the devil, here she is." then she looked to me. "Welcome to the Syndicate, Summer Choi."

  She starts to walk towards Krystal, "What did you do to her?" Krystal asked. "I just told her about us, Krys. Yet she couldn't understand so I beat her a little to understand it." That Vivian is as badass than Stephanie.

  As she completely walked out, Krystal rushed towards me and helped me to get up. "Summer, I'm sorry for Vivian's attitude. She's always like that." She apologized, I glared at her, "Why didn't you tell me about this, Krystal?" I asked her. "Look, I never wanted to be part of them but since I couldn't remember anything that time, I was injected too." she explained.

  Damn it, how can I explain this to Soojin and Sooyoung?

 

---

the next episode will be the epilogue and some of you are already excited for the final book that I'll publish soon.

Stay tuned!