3: The Shorty and The Shikshin

Living as a Vampire II

TAEYEON

  This is the worst part of my life, a new member is going to live with us?! I really hate Seohyun's idea for having her staying here in our apartment, I am still angry at Sooyoung but I can't help myself to hold my grudges to Summer. Even though she's just a body double, I can see the face of a traitor on her. Sooyoung tried to kill me and now her body double is our new member. Argh, the nerves...

  Here I am, in my room with Stephanie and still wide awake because of Stephanie's loud snort, but the problem is why I'm wide awake is because of Summer, staying here in our apartment. Then my instincts reacted in my head, making me sit up from the bed, I sniffed and it was a familiar scent coming downstairs. I slowly got up, not making Stephanie woke up this early.

  Stephanie is a dead sleeper, she's too hard to wake her up just like Jessica. I stood up from the bed and tiptoed slowly downstairs, I can hear the sounds coming from the kitchen. My eyes started to red but not glowing in the dark and my fangs elongated inside my mouth, as I walked down, I saw the kitchen's light on.

  If it's a thief, then I'll his blood. I didn't fed up for three days, so now's the right time for early breakfast.

  As I stepped to the kitchen, my red eyes and my elongated fangs went back to their normal color and shape as I saw Summer, eating leftover cookies and biscuits inside the fridge. She almost scream as I called her name, "Summer?"

  She turn around and saw me behind her while chewing a cookie in , "Oh, hey, uhh... Taeyeon?" Summer gulped what she ate and gave a smile. My eyes narrowed and crossed my arm, "What are you here, and eating in the middle of the night?" I asked her. She put down the plate of cookies and biscuits, "I can't sleep, Taeyeon, that is." then shoved her hand to get another cookie.

  I quickly grabbed her hand, "You can't sleep, so that's why you're here in the kitchen?" I said. Then she nodded, I scoffed and looked to her, "If you can't sleep, try to hum a song and close your eyes, not eating in the kitchen in the middle of the night." I suggested. I saw her eyebrows twitched and removed her arm from my grasp.

  "What's the matter with you, Taeyeon?" she asked with a glare, "I thought it was a thief, but it was only you." I lied and acted like I was relieved but I'm not. I took a deep breath, "I'm afraid that the thief will sneak around downstairs."

  I heard her chuckle, "You think I'm a thief?" she said while pointing herself. "Y-Yeah, I thought."

  "You scared me, Summer." No, I'm not actually scared. I want to rip her head because she is the reason why my insincts reacted lately. "I'm sorry, I'm just hungry." she smiled apologetically.

  I looked straight to her, "You know, Summer. I can't sleep as well." I answered and leaned on the kitchen table. "Why?"

  "It's because..." Seohyun offered you to stay here with us for a lifetime, but instead of saying that I just said, "...Stephanie snorted very loud." and that made her laugh, then I laughed along with her. "Yeah, she's a dead sleeper and a loud snort." I added. Wait, am I laughing with her? I shouldn't be doing this because I'm mad at her.

  "Who is Stephanie?" she asked, that made me silent.

  "Uhh, Tiffany's twin sister." I answered, breaking the confusion out of her. Her eyes widen, "Really? Tiffany has a twin?" then I nodded. 

  "So," I pushed my body from the counter and smiled at her, "Let's have a talk."

 

  "So you mean, you're allergic to peanuts?" She asked the obvious thing about me. I have been allergic to peanuts since I was a human, but I don't know why I'm still thinking that I'm allergic to it even though I'm now a vampire?

  I just sighed and nodded, "Yeah, I swear to myself that I'll never eat peanuts again." That made her chuckled a bit. "Try to eat it for once, Taeyeon. It's not bad to eat for once, just don't eat always." She suggest, I nodded, "I'll try."

  "About you, Summer." I started to ask her, "What's the reason why you're here with us?" I tried to hide my sarcasm by being calm and emphatic person. She smiled first then cleared , "I actually leave Japan for a reason," she looked to her, "The reason why I am here with you, Taeyeon is to fulfill my dreams here without my family."

  "Obviously, people are always saying that. But why here, in Korea? Why not in Japan?" I asked her but she shook her head.

  "I already debuted there when I was 14 with my best friend but it didn't last for a year, Taeyeon." She answered, "Well, why?" I was leaning closer to her. "My best friend died in an accident, and I was with her before it happened." She is still smiling but tears are now flowing down in her cheeks.

  "Her mom and dad are in the front seat while we are in the passenger seat, we're on our way to Osaka and suddenly the car lose control itself and we crushed on the hard wall. That day, I was the only one who survived on that accident. That's when our fame dissapeared quickly."

  "After that, I leave Japan and moved here to fullfil my dream again without any problems."

  I don't know how will I react to her story, but I felt guilt on myself. I got mad at her because of Sooyoung, because she is her body double but I don't know her true story.

  "I'm so sorry to hear that, Summer. I..."

  "No, it's okay. I have moved on to that but I can't still forget about it." She sniffed and wiped her tears then smiled, "Just don't tell it to everyone or you'll cry again." I took her shoulder and smiled. "Thank you, Taeyeon."

  "I thought you're all grumpy and a moody one, but you're an understanding too." She said.

  I grin then I looked on the clock, it's already 2:35. "I guess we have to go sleep now." I said and stood up from the chair, she nodded and yawned, "I need to go back to my room." 

  "Uhm, Summer." I called out before she completely walked away, "Hm?"

  "About the last few days, I'm sorry for being grumpy or gloomy. I don't know what is your story that time." I apologized, she suddenly hugged me, making me off guard. I can feel her hot temperated body and blood flowing through her veins. Sooyoung never hugged everyone, but Summer, she's totally opposite.

  "It's okay, Taeyeon. I'm just curious about you." She smiled and pulled away, "Goodnight." She bid. Then she walked to her room...

As I went back to my room, I saw Stephanie, leaning on the wall with a wicked look. Uh oh...

"Stephanie, not now." But it was too late when she threw me on the bed and kissed me, "I want you again, Taeyeon."

Okay, she wants me. Would I refuse?

 

---