4

Love in the Galaxy Cafe

Jongin didn't necessarily consider himself as someone who was easily scared. He's had his fair share of little scares here and there, but nothing to constitute himself easily scared. 

But the one thing that scares him without question is the boy who frequents the cafe a bit too often for Jongin's liking.

Now, he wouldn't say he's necessarily scared of this boy, more like... unfamiliar to his really intense face. It differed from the face he was used to, after all, working for Yifan for so long made him pretty much immune to faces, but this boy's sent chills down his spine and made his knees shake a little.

Definitely different from Yifan's. 

Jongin wasn't always too lucky, either. 

He felt like fate was conspiring against him when he finds himself waiting on the boy almost every time he entered. He cursed to himself when he saw the faced boy enter the cafe, not another waiter in sight. He sighed as he straightened his apron, pulling out his notepad as he plastered a smile onto his face. 

"Hi, what can I get for you?" Jongin asked with a smile, trying to keep their encounter as short as possible.

The faced boy only looked up from his menu to Jongin, eyes wide. He pointed to an item on the menu, Jongin not even needing to glance at it before knowing what the boy was gonna order. It was the same every time. He had asked Luhan a few times if he could take the customer for him, to which the elder would always reply with a noncommittal shrug and a passive agressive 'man up, Jongin' thrown his way. 

Jongin sighed as he leaned against the counter, watching as Minseok brewed the faced boy's drink. 

"I don't see why you don't like him." Minseok commented offhandedly. "I mean, he seems fine."

"That's because you haven't served him before. You know how I know that? Because I'm always stuck with him!"

"Someone doesn't sound like a happy camper." the elder teased. "So what's wrong with him?"

"There's nothing wrong with him, per se, but-"

"Then why don't you want to serve him?"

"Well... I... I'm scared of him..." Jongin muttered under his breath, hoping Minseok wouldn't be able to make out his words. The elder looked over at Jongin with wide eyes, bursting into laughter. 

"You what?" 

"You heard me, don't make me repeat it." 

Minseok moved his hand to his mouth in an failed attempt to hide his laugh, Jongin scowling at the elder. 

"I-I'm sorry." Minseok said between giggles, trying to compose himself. Jongin only sighed as he took the drink from Minseok, walking back up to the faced boy. With another smile, he places the cup down, quickly pivoting on his heel and tending to another table before the boy could even mutter the word 'thanks'. 

~~~~~~~

"What's really so bad about him?" Minseok asks again as Jongin leans against the counter between customers. "I think he's pretty cute."

"Who do you find cute?" Luhan asked, almost appearing out of nowhere. 

"Oh calm down, Lu. You're the cutest."

Luhan narrowed his eyes at Jongin. "You bet I am. Remember that, Jongin, the next time you try to hit on my man."

"I wasn't-" Jongin began.

"Excuses. Any more of this and it'll be the end of you, Kim Jongin." Luhan said, holding Minseok protectively.

The youngest sighed, "Alright Luhan."

Luhan gave the eldest a small peck on the cheek a soft 'love you, darling' before turning back to Jongin, expression deadly, slowly backing away from the two. 

"So, what about him scares you?" Minseok continued, as if the past few minutes hadn't happened. 

"Uh... Well..." Jongin began, "His face is just really intimidating..."

Minseok scoffed. "That's it?" 

"Well... I mean..."

"Jongin, that's not grounds for disliking someone."

"I don't dislike him, per se... He just... Gives me the heebie jeebies."

Minseok scoffed again. "Heebie jeebies?"

"Well, he does! He gives me the heebie jeebies!"

"Jongin, how old are you? No one says that. Please stop saying that." 

"That's not my point, Minseok-"

"Okay, okay, 2 year old vocabulary aside, you need to man up and get over this, Jongin." 

"But-"

"Tomorrow, you're gonna serve him and you're gonna like it."

~~~~~~~

The next day finds the faced boy entering the cafe as usual, assuming his usual spot by the counter. He sighed as Luhan gives him a light shove in the boy's direction. Jongin groaned in protest, only for Luhan to shove a bit more forcefully, until Jongin tumbled from behind the counter. 

He quickly composed himself as the faced boy took notice of him, straightening himself as he dusted off his apron. 

"Hi, what can I get you?" Jongin asked, already in the process of writing the order he knew the faced boy wanted on his notepad. The boy only looked up at Jongin with the same indifferent expression on his face, the light blush on his cheeks going unnoticed by the waiter.

"Well..." the faced boy began, Jongin's eyes widening as he directed his attention to the boy before him. This was the first time he could remember hearing the boy's voice. "Are you on the menu?" 

Jongin stood in silence for a moment as the words began to sink in, as his face became redder and redder. 

"Am I... What?" he asked back meekly, watching as the faced boy's face reddened too. 

Their silence was broken by a shrill laugh sounding from behind one of the machines. 

"Oh my god." the faced boy muttered, burying his face in his hands. "I'm never taking Luhan's advice again." 

"Wha- Did you say Luhan?" 

"We've been friends for a while and he works with you so I thought he could help me but- oh my god, I'm so sorry, you're just really cute and I just wanted to ask you out- oh god I've already messed up too badly, I'm sorry, I'll go now-" the boy said, face as red as a tomato. He stood up straight, nearly knocking the chair and table over with his legs, bowing in apology before turning to leave.

"W-wait..." Jongin said quickly, holding onto the boy's wrist. "I- uh- yes." 

"Yes?"

"Yes... I'll go out with you."

"You- you what?" the boy stuttered, eyes wide.

"I'll go out with you. I'm Jongin." he said awkwardly, extending a hand out. 

"Sehun." the boy replied, taking Jongin's hand in his own, voice still shaky. "How's lunch? T-tomorrow?" 

Jongin nodded, face still red as Sehun awkwardly nodded his head as a farewell, running out of the cafe. 

The boy sighed as his gaze trailed out the window. 

Maybe the boy with the face wasn't as bad as he thought. 


Happy new year, friends! 
I'm a bit late, but I hope y'all had fun on new years day
It's 2016 already which also means I have to go back to school tomorrow (crei) I'm not readyyyy
Someone please save meeeeee