2

Love in the Galaxy Cafe

"Are you gonna call the number or just stare at it some more?" Jongin asked, annoyed. Yifan's eyes flitted between the younger and the slip of paper, a dumb grin plastered on his face. "Yifan, we need to lock up."

Yifan's grin grew as he directed his attention back to the slip of paper.

"You've been staring at that thing for the past 2 hours. It's closing time."

Yifan turned his head back to Jongin.

"Yifan, you're really starting to scare me."

"I'm not gonna die alone." he murmured, full attention back on the slip of paper. "I'M NOT GONNA DIE ALONE! YOU HEAR THAT?" he shouts, shooting up from his seat as he screams at the innocent customers still lingering in the cafe, about to leave. "WU YIFAN ISN'T DOOMED TO DIE ALONE!"

"Jesus, Yifan! Sit back down, you're scaring people!" Jongin said, grabbing ahold of the estatic owner, dragging him back down to a chair. "You need to calm down. No wonder you've been single for so long." he muttered under his breath. 

~~~~~~~

Yifan could feel his hand shake as he lifted the phone to his ear, heart almost jumping out of his chest as he heard Junmyeon's angelic voice on the other end of the line.

"Hello?"

"Oh my god oh my god oh my god." Yifan muttered under his breath, earning himself a laugh from Junmyeon.

"I take it this is Yifan?"

"OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD YOU KNOW MY NAME."

Junmyeon chuckled again. "You're cute. Do you wanna meet up? Maybe get some coffee?"

"OH MY GOD I LOVE COFFEE." Yifan screamed robotically, inducing a laugh out of Chanyeol.

"You own a coffee shop, stupid." he commented from the sidelines, earning himself a glare from Yifan before rushed plans were made between the elder and Junmyeon.

"You're a little , Chanyeol." he muttered.

"And you need to loosen up. You've been screaming like a maniac into that phone. Now come on, we really need to lock up."

~~~~~~~

Yifan sat with his hands balled into fists on his lap on the park bench, heart pounding out of his chest as he waited for his angel to arrive. He could hear the confused shouts of small children, commenting on his overwhelming height. He only smiled as he waved at them, one of the little girls screaming at the size of his  hands.

"Children seem to like you." a soft voice chuckled, Yifan's head whipping around so fast that he was half positive that he had given himself whiplash. That's okay, Junmyeon was worth it.

"Haha yeah children ha." he said robotically, wiping his forehead free of sweat as Junmyeon sat down next to him, their knees grazing.

"Sorry I left so quickly earlier today. I had a meeting. How's the cafe been doing?" 

"I-It's been okay I guess haha." 

Junmyeon furrowed his brow, frowning slightly. "Is everything alright?"

Yifan's eyes widened. "Why is there something not alright oh my god is it me do I have something in my teeth Chanyeol said there was nothing there- oh my god did that little try to sabotage me I'm feeding him another bowl of buttons tomorrow I swear-"

Another blinding smile returned to Junmyeon's face, making Yifan's heart flutter. "No, it's not that... it's just, you seem so stiff whenever we speak. Is there something wrong with me?"

"NONONO DON'T YOU SAY THAT YOU BEAUTIFUL HUMAN BEING YOU ARE FLAWLESS AND DON'T LET ANYBODY TELL YOU OTHERWISE- IS THERE SOMEONE TELLING YOU THAT YOU AREN'T BECAUSE I WILL BEAT THEM UP, I SWEAR, I'M LIKE 6 FEET TALL-"

"That much is evident. So... everything's okay, right?"

"Y-yeah, I'm sorry, I just get nervous easily and when I get nervous I either ramble or turn robotic and it always weirded everyone out but-" Yifan sighed. "Rambling."

"You're really cute for someone who's 6 feet tall."

"And you're adorable for someone who's not 6 feet tall- wait no that came out weird-"

Yifan relaxed at the sound of Junmyeon's laugh, the sound melodic to his ears. He smiled his gummy smile, standing up from the bench, dusting off his pants. He offered his hand to Junmyeon.

"Can I start over?"

"I don't think you need to, but feel free." he said with a smile.

Yifan chuckled good naturedly. "Well, I'm Wu Yifan. I own a small cafe. I love stuffed animals. I'm a hopeless romantic and a clumsy idiot. It's nice to meet you."

 Junmyeon's smile grew as he took Yifan's hand in his own, standing himself up.

"I'm Kim Junmyeon. I have a low pain tolerance and I'm a giant wuss. I love to bike around the Han River and I love to sing- although I've been told I look like I'm crying when I do. It's nice to meet you too."

~~~~~~~

The evening passes faster than any that Yifan has ever remembered, the giant even finding it in himself to engulf wrap his  hand around Junmyeon's smaller one, causing a light blush to bloom on both their cheeks. 

The two find themselves back at the cafe after a few hours, Yifan reluctantly releasing Junmyeon's hand as they were about to part ways.

"This was a lot of fun." Junmyeon said with a small laugh. "We should do this again."

"Definitely." 

"I should really get going." Junmyeon said, with a glance at his watch. "Call me, okay?"

Yifan nodded, watching as the smaller began to walk away. Without thinking, he called out the younger's name, Junmyeon turning with his head cocked to the side as he stopped. Yifan strode over to close the distance between them. He cupped Junmyeon's cheek with one hand, and, with reckless abandon, leaned down, giving Junmyeon a small peck on cheek. When he pulled away, he could see the blush on the younger's cheeks, and blurted out the first thing he thought of.

"M-My pants are stuck to my thighs from sweat."

This shocked Junmyeon out of his reverie.

"I-I'm sorry?"

"I mean good night."

With an awkward chuckle, Junmyeon turned around, bidding the taller a good night as well, Yifan covering his face in his hands from embarassment.

"Oh my god, Yifan you idiot, what the hell were you thinking? Why would you ever tell someone they make you sweaty? That's weird!" he scolded himself. "This is why you can't find love, you idiot."

He sighed, pulling out his buzzing phone from his pocket to find a text from Junmyeon.

If it's any consolation, you make me sweaty too.

He looked up, his eyes meeting Junmyeon's from a few meters away, the smaller giving him a sheepish smile, and Yifan fell in love with Junmyeon all over again.