Wherever You Fall

Gravity

*Small Note*
There's a little bit of violence in this chapter, I don't think I was too graphic, but just in case that bothers some of you or makes you uncomfortable, be warned

(Narrator's POV)

Kris and Luhan strode into a rugged warehouse, looking very out of place in their fine suits and clean appearance. Though Luhan grimaced a little at the smell, Kris showed no signs of discomfort.

They walked on, catching the nervous, but curious glances of sweaty workers, who quickly diverted their gazes back to their tables. This was not the type of work you would want to mess up. 

Luhan peered around, as if he'd never seen surroundings like these before. Kris almost rolled his eyes in his mock innocence, but then again, it was all part of the show. 

They walked on, opening a rickety door to see a man with messy hair lounging, cigarette in hand. Kris didn't approve of his tacky tie.

At the sight of them, the man's eyes widened, but only for a second. A smug grin replaced his shock and undoubtable fear. These are the small details Kris seemed to notice, and he was sure Luhan's keen eye saw it too. It was probably the reason for Luhan's small smirk.

"The great Kris Wu," he smiled. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Suhyuk," Luhan intervened, a playful, pained look on his face. "How have you been? Oh, it's been great on my end, thanks for asking."

"Sorry Lu," Suhyuk apologized, and though he did so with a smile, by the way he had rushed, they knew he was nervous.

"We're just making rounds, hyung," Luhan said in his soothing voice. "No need to be so tense."

Suhyuk's facade was gone for a second. They saw the flicker of worry. He narrowed his eyes. "Rounds, you say?"

"Mm hmm," Luhan hummed, about to lean against the wall, but after glancing at the grime, quickly decided against it. 

"How's business?" Luhan asks, that innocent smile forming again on his soft features. "You seem to have a lot of time on your hands."

"Oh, you know," Suhyuk chuckled. "Humble beginnings, business will pick up, slowly but surely. There's always a demand for this stuff."

"Business is slow?" Luhan said, cocking his head to the left, just slightly. "That's funny. I've never seen crack heads wait around before buying their goods. Dealers are always more than happy for another supply, yet business is...slow? Maybe you shouldn't just be here twiddling your thumbs then." 

Luhan's smile hadn't changed, but there was a darkness in his good humored voice. Kris knew Suhyuk noticed it too when he saw the man move in his seat nervously. Kris smirked.

"A-As I've said," Suhyuk began. "We've just started. Negotiations are going well with the dealers and we should be set in a few-"

"I've seen worse make better," Kris said, finally deciding it was time to cut in. Suhyuk silenced immediately. "And make it faster with a proper income. By the looks of your facilities, you should be making twice, even three times as much as you apparently are. "

"So what's the problem Suhyuk?" Luhan asked, a sweet smile on his face as he leaned over Suhyuk's desk. "We just want to help you out, businessman to businessman."

Suhyuk tried to sink further into his seat, but to no avail. The scary men in their expensive suits were not going to go away.

"Are you stealing from us, Suhyuk?" Kris inquired, and something in his voice made Suhyuk's blood run cold. 

"W-What?" He stammered, and suddenly his hands were very sweaty and he would've done anything for a glass of water. "N-No, of course not, I would ne-"

"Shhh," Luhan cooed, mockingly. "I'm afraid nothing can save you now. You can't hide anything from us, and it really was a brave effort for trying, but I'm sorry. You got caught. And only just at your humble beginnings."

"No, no please," Suhyuk begged. "I'm sorry, I will pay everything back, and give you double the cut, please just-"

He was on his knees now, a sobbing and disgusting mess. He kept muttering apologies in hope to save his fate.

"Don't beg," Luhan said, shaking his head. "It's not very becoming."

"I'll be appointing someone else in charge of this facility," Kris said before moving towards the door. He stopped, just at the doorway. "This discussion is closed."

"Luhan?" He asked, hands in his pockets, giving him an impatient look.

"Ooh, does that mean it's my turn?" Luhan laughed. "What an honor."

His hand flashed and the gun fired before Suhyuk could even look up from his begging. Right through the neck, a perfect bull's eye. Blood splattered, but luckily, they were out of range. Kris did hate the trouble he'd have to go through to wash the stain off his suit.

Luhan practically skipped over to Kris' side, his smile too wide for someone who had just shot a man, but Kris had gotten used to it.

"Circle of life," Luhan shrugged. "Next?" He said, oddly hopeful.

Kris nodded, then led the way.


(Soojin's POV)

One fifteen in the morning.

He still wasn't back yet. I wasn't surprised, but... He really should be back by now. 

I also wasn't supposed to wait up for him, but if he can be a rebel, I suppose I can be too. 

I felt a soft material encircle my shoulders, and looked up to see Minseok giving me his judgmental stare. 

"What?" I asked, even though I knew exactly what he would say."Go to bed Soojin","he's not coming back anytime soon", "stop doing this", "he's not going to be the same", and on and on.

"Go to bed Soojin," he said, and I braced myself for the lecture, but he only walked away. I suppose he was tired too. He looked like he had a rough day.

I sighed, my eyes heavy. I wanted to sleep, and I really should, considering I was polishing the marble floors tomorrow with my bare hands, and you need all the rest in the world to brace yourself for that, but here I was, sitting at the stairs facing the entrance, waiting.

He could be doing so many things right now, things that I could have sworn he'd never do years ago, but a lot has changed since then. He, has changed since then. 

I barely saw him after he left with Mr. Kim, mostly because they had me moved to working down in the servant level, and I wasn't allowed up any further. I almost expected him to visit, or sneak in, but he never did.

Our group was never the same. Even without Yifan, Jessica was taken away, along with many other girls, and Minseok and I never saw her again. We didn't like thinking about her possibilities, so we accepted her absence without much question. I've roomed alone since.

Minseok didn't change much, but he was much sadder when Jessica left. He worked harder after that, almost like he was punishing himself for not being able to protect us, for not being able to do anything. He got a bit slimmer, and was now sporting a killer physique, but I still haven't seen Minseok smile just quite the same since.

And of course, Yifan. After a few years, I regained my maid status, and apparently only got that because Yifan specifically had ordered it so. Now seeing the world again, I discovered that Yifan's mother had died suddenly, for apparently, she had a weak heart. I don't know if this is what triggered his change, but I know he was hurt by it, somehow.

He went to school, only talked to me about chores and making sure I fulfilled what orders he'd instruct me with. I saw him when he'd bring his friends over, a rowdy, but playful bunch of boys. He would smile, and they would laugh, but even watching from a window, I knew his smile wasn't true. Still, I knew he enjoyed their company, and I think they brought out a better side of him for a while.

He inherited the industry when Mr. Kim died, an elderly man, Kris still very young, but very capable. The company became his everything, and all that came with it. 

I knew of it's underground, and Yifan did too. He knew it too well. I wouldn't miss the pungent scent of alcohol in his breath, or cigarette on his clothes, or buy the stupid lies about how he managed to "bruise" his neck. After a while, he stopped lying altogether, which only led to him sinking deeper into these habits.

I would see all of the aftermath, though. I'd see, sometimes catch, him coming in the doorway. I've patted his back while he's puked, I've even had to buy him protection once. He's ruining himself, and it brings me so much pain, but also confusion because why? What turned him? 

These sorts of thoughts roll into my head each time I wait by the stairs, but tonight, or this morning, as it was two thirty eight now, my brain grew tired, and I quickly fell asleep.


(Kris'  POV)

I break poor Sehun's heart by refusing to go to the bar, but it had been a long day, and I was looking forward to being in my bed. 

Tomorrow was Saturday, which meant I didn't have to go to the office. I had paperwork that could be done, sure, but it could also be done Monday. 

Reflecting on my day though, I craved for that buzz alcohol gave, so nearing home, I stopped, parked, and pulled out the emergency soju.

Since I had no shot glass, out of the bottle it was. It burned down my throat, but I had grown to enjoy that burn, to crave it even. It was feeling something, and after the alcohol numbs the rest, I keep drinking so I can at least feel that burn.

Suhyuk was dead. He wasn't that great of a fellow. He was lazy, complacent, and almost too naive for his job, which killed him in the end. His mistake, I suppose. 

I drive the car back into the garage, almost impressed I could park that well considering I was intoxicated. I had built up quite the tolerance now.

I opened the front door, staggering in(not so tolerant yet), and I have to stand by the door just a little so I can focus in the dark. 

When the world stops spinning, I see Soojin, sleeping on the stairs. I sigh, but I'm not surprised. I have half a mind to wake her up, but some ounce of humanity left in me decides against it. 

I manage to pick her up, and she shifts slightly, her face crumples a little before returning to the peacefulness it had before. 

I take her upstairs and nudge my bedroom door open, then set her on my bed. I untie her shoes and set them to the side, along with her socks, and contemplate changing her completely. Her clothes, while casual, seem like they would be uncomfortable to sleep in. 

I pull out one of my white t-shirts and some athletic shorts and put them on her, after I take off her clothes, very carefully. I do notice how fit she is, and how soft she's managed to keep her skin, but don't dwell on it. She's Soojin.

After she is tucked in, I go to the bathroom and change. First loosening my tie, then in ing my shirt, to then step out of my slacks. I do all the mundane prep before pulling on pajama pants and scooting into bed next to Soojin.

She's still sound asleep, and I'm amazed, but not surprised. She works very hard, and it's exactly why she shouldn't be wasting more energy waiting for me. She should know by now.

I'll have to try to talk her out of it, again, but for now, like her, I will sleep.

 


*Notes*
Hi guys! I hope no one was too bothered by the violence, and when things get more intense, I imagine I'll have to start rating stuff, won't I?

I'm promising you though since now, ratings are going to be for violence or dark stuff, I don't write . The farthest I'll get is suggestive, and when you know what's gone down, you'll know. Sorry. Even if I wanted to, I'd disappoint in the category~

That's all I got:) Comment guys! Hello to new subscribers! 

See you next update;)