Mystery Morning

Gravity

(Narrator's POV)

 

A smile crept onto Soojin's face. She was warm, her bed was soft, and she felt at peace. She was a kid again, and the secure feeling that her father was sleeping soundly beside her made her feel all fuzzy inside, even in her sleep.

 

Wait.

 

No, she hadn't seen her father in years. Her bed had never been soft, and the soft breathing beside her was not Jessica's, because she didn't have a roommate anymore. Her face scrunched up in confusion as her half asleep brain began to wake up and wonder...

 

Where the hell was she?

 

Her eyes shot open, but she didn't move, just in case her company was hostile. Her eyes gazed on an impossibly white ceiling. The bed sheets were familiar. Then, she realized where she was...

 

"Oh God," she breathed.

 

She turned her head, ever so slightly and saw Yifan, sleeping soundly beside her, and without a shirt. His face looked calm, and for the first time in a while it wasn't locked in a cold, hard scowl. Actually, there was a ghost of a smile on his face.

 

She slowly reached forward, having the unexplainable urge to touch his face, softly rake her fingers through his hair...

 

His face twitched slightly, and she drew her arm back sharply and turned away from him as he began to stir, her face burning. She also realized that this oversized shirt was not hers, and since she had done a certain someone's laundry many a time, she knew who it belonged to, and that made her face burn even more.

 

She tried her best to relax, slow her heart beat, release the tenseness in her muscles. She heard him yawn, and murmur something, and the shift in weight told her he was sitting up.

 

"Soojin-ah," she heard him mumble, his voice deep and thick with sleep. She refused to move.

 

"Soojin," he called again, and she stirred slightly, trying her best to keep this "wake up" as natural as possible.

 

His weight shifted closer to her, and she felt his hand lightly shake her shoulder.

 

"Soo," he said, just above a whisper, and she fluttered her eyes open, trying to reenact the confusion she felt earlier.

 

"Have a nice sleep princess?" He asked her, his eyebrow raising a little and a smirk on his face.

 

She knew her cheeks were probably burning, but she tried to remain calm. "What am I doing here?"

 

"Good question," he nodded. "I'll answer, when I get what I was promised."

 

Now Soojin was genuinely confused, and he saw it on her face. He sighed.

 

"Soo, my head hurts, and I had asked for porridge. Go make it, and bring it here. Then we can talk," he said, his face looking tired and his hair looking unkempt.

 

"O-Okay," she nodded, getting out of bed and rushing to the door.

 

"You might want to change first," she heard him call when she was almost out, and she looked down at the oversized t-shirt and baggy shorts and she stops.

 

"You're clothes are there," he said, pointing to the chest at the foot of his bed, and she saw her clothes, neatly folded on top.

 

"So you do actually know how to fold clothes," she chuckled despite herself. Then she stopped and began to worry.

 

"Do you think they'll notice I'm wearing the exact same clothes from yesterday?" Soojin turned and asked with a concerned face.

 

"Why does it matter?" He asked her, his shoulders slumped and she could tell he really was too tired for this.

 

"It's just... I don't know, I might get into trouble and-" she stuttered, but when Yifan met her eyes she stopped. "You know what? It's okay, I'm fine, it's fine..." she hurried to say and picked up her clothes.

 

"Soo, wait," he said. He picked up his phone and called someone. "Yes, good morning. Can you send me Xiumin? Yes, I'm sure he is busy with that, but I am personally asking for him. Thanks for understanding." He put the phone down. "Xiumin can bring you new clothes."

 

Soojin knew she was in for it later from Minseok, but beggars can't be choosers, so she just nodded.

 

Yifan held the phone back up again. "Xiumin, I need you to bring some clothes for Soojin. Thanks," he said and hung up the phone.

 

"You can sit while you wait," he told her, and she nodded but continued to stand. He rolled his eyes with a hint of amusement, them lifted himself out of bed and went towards his closet. Soojin kept her eyes locked on her shoes.

 

He went to the bathroom to change out of his pajamas and there was a knock on the door. Soojin hesitated, but eventually she went to the door.

 

Luckily, it was Minseok. Unfortunately, it was an unhappy Minseok.

 

"What the hell are you doing here?" He hissed, keeping his voice down.

 

"I don't know! I can't remember..." Soojin responded, but she was still lost. Minseok looked at what she was wearing.

 

"Oh my God... Please tell me it's not what it looks like," he said, rubbing his temples with frustration.

 

"It's not!" She hurriedly told him. "I mean, I'm pretty sure it's not. I told you I don't remember but I'm almost positive it's not."

 

Minseok looked at her and gave her a loud sigh. "You owe me," he muttered, and then handed her the clothes and turned to go.

 

"Thank you Minseok," she told him sincerely. He stopped, gave her a nod, then kept walking.

 

She sighed in relief with the clothes held tightly to her chest. She heard a soft click and looked over to see Yifan exiting his closet.

 

"You can change in here," he said, nodding to his closet that was bigger than Soojin's room. "But first..." he drifted off, holding out his arms and Soojin understood.

 

She set her clothes to the side and moved closer to him, taking his left arm, and began to roll up his sleeve. He was wearing a simple plaid shirt with a white t-shirt underneath. It was odd seeing him so casual, but it also felt familiar, and so she felt herself relax a little while moving over to the right sleeve.

 

When she was done, he gave her a quick nod, then moved to the side so she could enter the closet.

 

Closing the door softly behind her, she began to take off his clothes, still in shock she slept in them all night. They still smelled like him, even if it was faint. She folded them neatly and set them to the side, making a mental note to wash them later.

 

She emerged out of the closet with jeans, a pale blue shirt, and a beige cardigan. It was like she picked it out herself. Minseok knew she liked simple and useful clothing.

 

Soojin walked out further and saw Yifan sitting at his desk and scrolling through some emails. He noticed her presence and to her surprise the first thing he did was laugh.

 

"Your hair," he said, trying to complete his sentence without laughing some more. "It's terrible."

 

Soojin immediately went to smooth down her hair with her hands, but she had a scowl on her face.

 

"Gee, thanks. You really know how to make a girl feel special," she told him, rolling her eyes.

 

He stopped, and gave an almost confused expression. "You're not a girl. You're Soojin."

 

She didn't know how to respond, so she didn't, and an awkward silence fell upon them.

 

"Here," he said, breaking the silence. His usual serious tone was back. He put a black hair tie in her hand. "You had it around your wrist, but I didn't want it to leave a mark, so I took it off."

 

"Thanks," she said softly, feeling color again rise to her cheeks.

 

"Soojin?"

 

"Yeah?"

 

"I would really like some of your porridge... Now..."

 

*Notes*

 

So here's a kinda fluffy chapter. It's probably too short and I'm sorry. I don't have much of an excuse except for laziness and damn Netflix is so distracting. It's a struggle:p

 

I did go on a break from fanfiction in general for a while in the summer, so that's another reason. I didn't really have a motive, but I just didn't really want to go on the Internet... Is that weird? Idk, never thought I'd say that hah

 

Well here we are, I hope to update more often.. I always do hope haha

 

See ya next update;)