Her Beginning

Gravity

Narrator's POV)

 

"I told you, I don't have the money and I can't pay you right now!" Mr. Ahn shouted, violently(and quite bravely) slamming his fist on the table.

 

"Yeongsu, you disappoint me," a man in a fine, black, designer suit said almost somberly, sitting across from Mr. Ahn, with two burly men on either side. "You've always had such a temper. There's no need for such anger, we're friends, aren't we?"

 

Ahn Yeongsu sighed, running his hands through his black hair. Silver strands appeared every so often in it, and a stubble was present on his face. He hadn't shaved this morning.

 

"Look, I don't have the money. Times are tough. I just lost my job and I needed it to get my family by. I know I'm late, but please," he paused, noticeably calmer. "Just give me more time and I will pay you."

 

The man in the suit lifted his eyebrow slightly.

 

"Yeongsu... I'm sorry to say that I doubt you."

 

Yeongsu's face creased with confusion. "Why? I've never given you a reason to doubt me! What's there not to trust?"

 

"Oh, it's not you I don't trust, it's the world. A man of your status is poor, and will most likely stay that way. I lent you money out of kindness, and back then you had a job I thought I could rely on. Times are different now, and I am not as merciful as before," he explained, his calm composure never leaving him.

 

"You don't know that!" Yeongsu shouted, tone rising. "I can pay you back, I just need more time!"

 

"Ah, but time is money. I'm not about to lend you both," he responded, letting a smirk escape onto his face.

 

"So what? What am I supposed to give you?" He asked, fiery look in his eyes.

 

The man thought for a while. He was rich. He never had a need for material things, for he could buy them whenever he wanted.

 

He had just married someone, so there was no need there as well.

 

But there was his son...

 

"You have a daughter, don't you Yeongsu?"

 

The color drained from his face, and the angry strength he exhibited before left him. He was left in disbelief. The man noticed Yeongsu's shoulders drop, his eyes widen, concern, fear, all over his face. The man was given an odd, pleasurable pride in the other's discomfort, letting his smirk become even more obvious on his face.

 

"M-My daughter? She's only eight years old! What do you want from her?" He demanded immediately, trying to keep composure, but the man noticed his stutter.

 

"Soojin... Was that her name? Sweet girl, if I remember correctly. Only a few years younger than my son..." He said, ignoring Yeongsu's desperate questioning.

 

"Please, not my daughter," he begged. "She's all I have, don't take her from me."

 

"I'm not taking her, you owe me her," he said, with a small smirk.

 

"No! You can't! This crosses the line, you can't just take my daughter! You should understand! You have a family don't you? Hyung, pl-"

 

"You address me as Mr. Kim!" the man snapped, and his guards tensed, readying to help if necessary.

 

"You shouldn't of dealt with me if you couldn't follow through. Learn your lesson," he said curtly.

 

Gesturing to his men, he said, "Find the girl," and they nodded.

 

"Don't touch her!" Yeongsu shouted. The men moved towards him but he held his hand.

 

"I will get her, just please... Don't scare her," he said softly.

 

The men glanced at their boss who nodded calmly, allowing him to get his daughter.

 

They heard a small whine, and sounds of disagreement, but eventually, he returned with a small girl with long, silky, black hair.

 

"Soojin, you remember Mr. Kim, right?" He said, his voice shaky.

 

"Apa, I don't want to leave you!" She cried, holding onto his leg tightly. "Don't let me go!"

 

"Now, now Soojin-ah, it's impolite not to address guests," Mr. Kim smiled soothingly.

 

She glared at him, stuffing her face back into her father's pant leg.

 

He laughed. "She does have your temper," he noted. "He might enjoy that," he murmured.

 

"What do you plan to do with her?" Yeongsu asked, placing his hand protectively on his daughter's head.

 

"I'm not going to kill her to spite you, if that's what you're wondering," he shrugged. "My business goes to some extremes, but killing children is not one of them."

 

"She won't become one of your..." He gulped nervously. "Entertainers...will she?"

 

"Heavens no," he scoffed, almost amused with his discomfort. "I have plenty of those. I was thinking she could be of better use as a...caretaker, you might say," he explained.

 

"She's eight, Mr. Kim," he said bitterly.

 

"Don't worry, I always have my reasons," he winked. "Now, come child. Say goodbye to your Apa because I feel you won't see him for some time."

 

"No, Apa!" Soojin cried, her eyes filled with tears. "Apa, save me. Don't let me go! Don't let them take me! Do SOMETHING!" She begged, but he wouldn't even look her in the eye.

 

"I'm sorry I couldn't be a better father, Soo. I'm so sorry," he cried as his voice cracked, allowing Mr. Kim's guards to pull her away. He didn't even try to hold on. He didn't even say goodbye.

 

Soojin was in such disbelief that she didn't scream anymore. She just stared, wide eyed at the figure of her father as she was dragged away, as the tears fell down her cheeks.

 

She was sat in a car with soft, plush seats. All she could do was stare out the window, watching her father slowly close the front door, shaking his head in shame.

 

Mr. Kim took the seat next to her, for some reason looking highly pleased with himself, but she refused to look at him. How could he still smile like that? Does he not know what he had just done?

 

"Soojin-ah, I know you're angry, but trust me, there's a method to my madness. I-"

 

"Shut up," she said softly, her eyes still wide in shock as she stared at her lap. Her hands were still shaking.

 

He was shocked at her blatant vocabulary, so much so that he wasn't angry with her. She was an interesting girl indeed.

 

She did need to be obedient though, so he wondered how he could help with that.

 

Still, she didn't need to listen to anyone other than his son, so he sighed, hoping he would know better than he.

 

 

*Notes*

Just a little forward sorta thing for everyone. Kris should be making his entrance soon, don't worry. Background for both of them will be explained to some extent, but I'll leave a gap for mystery! Huehuehue

Hope you guys are enjoying it so far, see you soon!!