06 : You Came

Sinless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sehun woke up the next morning at his desk, his face on his open textbook.  He sat up and rubbed his sore back.  With a heavy sigh, he massaged his temples, trying to calm the pounding headache against his skull.

 

He tended to do that a lot, studying late at night and crashing early in the morning.  It was one of those habits he simply couldn't get out of.

 

He sighed again before stretched.  Someone groaned beside him on his bed.  He was scared for a moment, ready to strike, but he realized it was only innocent-looking Luhan, who was stretching in his bed.  The angel turned and smiled at him, his skin glowing brighter.

 

"Good morning, Sehun," he said, his voice smooth.

 

Sehun felt a shudder shake his shoulders at the thought of the other's golden eyes the night before.  He pushed the thought aside and smiled back.  "How did you sleep?"

 

"Not too well, actually," Luhan said.  "Probably a couple minutes. . ."  Seeing Sehun's shocked face made him continue.  "You forget that I've been sleeping for a long time.  Sleep means nothing to me now."

 

"Oh," Sehun said, getting out of his chair.  He ruffled his hair.  "Well, here's the thing," he started as he walked over to the bathroom.  He put some toothpaste on his toothbrush and stuck it in his mouth.  "I have to go to school today, but after school, we'll go and buy you some things. . .like clothes and stuff."

 

Luhan sat up straighter.  "What's school?" he asked curiously.

 

Sehun furrowed his eyebrows.  "You didn't have school back then?"

 

"Well, sort of. . .I never attended any classes.  They were all for. . .Seyoon," Luhan answered.  His insides tightened, and he pushed the feelings away.  "You never answered my question."

 

"Ah, well, school is basically class with a lot of other people," Sehun explained.  "You're put into grades based on your age and different classes based on your intelligence."

 

Luhan's eyes sparkled.  "Oh. . ." he trailed off.  "May I go with you?"

 

"Um. . ." Sehun started, unsure.

 

The angel got up from the bed and walked over.  "It'll make me feel better if I watched over you at school, Sehun, since I'm your guardian now."

 

"I'll be fine," Sehun said, rinsing his mouth.  "You can stay at home."

 

"But-"

 

"Luhan," Sehun interrupted as he placed his toothbrush back.  "It would make me feel better if you stayed at home.  I don't want you to get lost or scared or anything."  His eyes were pleading slightly.

 

The truth was, he didn't want to be teased by anyone for having someone like Luhan following him around.  He knew that the other meant no harm, especially since he was supposed to be watching over him, but there was always the fact that he was slightly bullied by everyone else for being so smart.  Sehun couldn't help it, but the other kids didn't care.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter