04 : I'm Your Angel

Sinless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

About 13 years later...

 

"Hey, Sehun!"

 

Sehun looked up from his book before looking back down, his lips pouting.  "Go away, Kai.  I'm not in the mood."  He bit his lip, willing for his best friend to go away.  He had been having a bit of a bad day, all starting with all the studying he had to do.

 

Kai wasn't ready to quit any time soon.  He sat next to Sehun on the bench in the middle of the school yard.  "Come on, Sehun!  You already tested and passed!"

 

"I got one wrong."

 

"So?"  Kai raised an eyebrow.  "Nevermind that.  You got the highest score out of the entire class at the after school place!"  He pouted.  "Meanwhile, I'm failing. . ."

 

"That's because all you care about is dancing," Sehun pointed out.  He pointed at his own head.  "I care about what goes on up here."

 

"I never said I was going to be the next prodigy brain-child," Kai said, shrugging.

 

Sehun sighed.  Kai didn't even give a second thought about his schoolwork.  Even though he put no effort, he somehow seemed to be passing enough for him to get into a good college with dancing as his major.  Sehun studied hard, and his grades were the highest in his class of seniors, but he still didn't think it was enough.

 

"I want to go to your house," Kai said, leaning back in the bench.

 

"Why?"  Sehun shot him a weird look.  

 

"You have the bigger TV."

 

Sehun rolled his eyes.  "Is that really why?  Why don't I tutor you in something?"

 

Kai shook his head.  "Thanks, but no thanks.  I want to watch the newest episode of the drama I'm watching.  What better way to watch it than on a 70-inch screen?"

 

"Wow, I feel the love," Sehun groaned.  "Besides that, dramas are for girls."

 

"Are not!"

 

"Are too!"

 

"Fine," Kai laughed, throwing his hands up with defeat.  "I won't watch a drama, but I'll want to eat.  Your fridge is always stocked."

 

"So should yours," Sehun said.  "How is an intense dancer like you supposed to function without food?  Shame on you, Kai."  He poked the other's muscular side, earning a laugh form the boy.

 

Kai turned and pouted at Sehun.  "So can I come over?  We both have the rest of the day free."

 

The other rolled his eyes and rubbed his temples.  Kai was extremely frustrating sometimes, but there was nothing he could possibly do, since they were best friends.  Practically brothers.  Especially since Kai helped him after. . .that day. . .

 

"Hey, earth to Sehun."

 

Sehun snapped out of his forming daydream when Kai snapped fingers in front of his face. "Huh?"

 

Kai grinned.  "Gee, for a top student, you sure are stupid."

 

"Shut up!" Sehun snapped.  "I'm not letting you come over now."

 

"What?" Kai grabbed onto Sehun's arm and held him close.  "Please!"

 

Sehun pursed his lips before pushing Kai away and gathering his things.  He got up and walked towards the gate with Kai on his tail.  The other boy whined, making Sehun crack a small smile, which turned into a wide grin of amusement.  Even though Kai was a bit older, he acted significantly younger than Sehun.

 

"Kai," Sehun finally said, stifling a laugh.  "Grow up."

 

"I'm a man," Kai said defensively.  "Except when my best friend refuses to let me come over to his house."

 

"You're such a baby."

 

"So will you?"

 

"No."

 

"I'm telling!"

 

"I don't care."

 

Kai frowned.  "Fine.  I'm not going to be your best friend anymore."

 

"Okay," Sehun said nonchalantly as he walked down the street, leaving behind a dumbfounded Kai.

 

"H-hey!" Kai stuttered as he caught up to Sehun and put him in a headlock.

 

The other boy yelped with shock, and, nonetheless, laughed as Kai playfully strangled him.    He eventually agreed to letting Kai stay over for a whi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter