05 : Lost

Sinless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sehun struggled as he helped Luhan walk through the front door of his house.  Having been basically asleep for more than a hundred years, you would think the poor boy would need some help.  Sehun's mind whirled as he had Luhan settle on the couch while he closed the door.

 

"Th-thank you. . ."

 

He turned to see Luhan gazing at him with gratitude, a small smile on his lips.  Sehun returned the smile and nodded.  He found himself sitting down on the couch across from Luhan.

 

"I'm sorry I had to bring you into this," Luhan murmured.  "I thought you were, someone I knew.  Someone I loved."

 

"It's okay," Sehun found himself saying.  "I'm just. . .really confused, I guess."  

 

That was the truth, plain and simple.  He was partially frightened of the fact that Luhan became a legitimate human from what was only a cherry blossom tree.  He had every right to be scared.  The other part of him was curious as to who and what Luhan actually was.  The other seemed genuinely kind and had an odd glow.

 

"Well, I can tell you, if you'd like," Luhan said softly.

 

"Yes, please."

 

A quiet sigh escaped Luhan's lips.  "I. . .I'm an angel."  He glanced at Sehun from his clammy hands, expecting a negative response, but all he received was a nod, as if wanting to hear more.  "What I'm trying to say is. . .I'm not of this planet.  I was sent here for one thing, and one thing only.  I was supposed to guide a prince and lead him to his glory, but instead, I only brought him to his doom."  Tears seemed to cloud Luhan's vision.  "It. . .it's not fair.  I didn't mean to. . ."

 

Sehun shifted in his seat uncomfortably.  He had no idea what to say to that.  

 

"You remind me of him," Luhan continued.  

 

"Wait," Sehun interrupted.  "If you're an angel, then where are your wings?"

 

Luhan gave him a small, sad smile, slightly amused.  "Not all angels have wings, Sehun, but I do have some," he chuckled lightly.  "I don't have a halo though, if that's also what you're wondering."

 

Sehun pursed his lips and nodded.  He looked at Luhan with concern.  "I'm only curious, but. . .how old are you, exactly?"

 

"I'm not totally sure," the angel replied, furrowing his eyebrows in thought.  "Last time I checked, I was about 365 years.  I was the youngest angel of my time."  He massaged his temples as he leaned forward, his elbows on his knees.  "I'm not sure exactly.  Anyways. . ." he trailed off as he slid off the couch and knelt before Sehun.  

 

"What are you doing?" Sehun asked, his eyes wide.

 

Luhan smiled.  "Since you released me, I'm forever in your debt.  You are now the one I serve."

 

"S-serve. . .?" the other breathed.

 

The angel nodded.  "Yes, I am now your guardian angel."

 

 

Sehun left Luhan at home.  He had things to think about, and a lot of them.  He needed someplace quiet to think to himself.  He hoped the poor angel wouldn't be too hurt by his leave, but he just had to get some fresh air.

 

Meanwhile, Luhan was curled up on the couch with a blanket draped over him.  He was trying to wander through his thoughts as he dreamed restlessly.  

 

Luhan found himself in a familiar forest.  He looked around and saw a party of carriages and horses nearing.  He looked closer and saw the all too familiar royal crest on the patches of the soldiers and the saddles of the horses.  The symbol of the wolf in front of a half moon, howling.

 

Fear gripped his stomach, as he had a feeling as to what would happen next.  He turned just in time to see a shooter right next to him pointing an arrow in his direction.  He stood there, frozen.  

 

The shooter shot his arrow and it went sailing through Luhan's chest into the horse behind him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter